I am Ironman!! Final pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
have fun and feel free to modify the 3d models because they could use some work i think to make them better for pep armor.
Can you post the models? Id like to take a look. I working on this at the moment, having the game model might come in handy.

mk3helm.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
NZ-TK said:
Can you post the models? Id like to take a look. I working on this at the moment, having the game model might come in handy.

mk3helm.jpg

wow great work as always. i think the face part moves from the circle things from the inside so shouldnt it rotate with the face?

Ok what exactly is a pep file that everyone keeps talking about? And NZ-TK what kind of program did you use to do that with Iron Man's helmet??

A "pep file" is a quick abbreviation of "Pepakura", which is a graphics program designed to break down complex CG renders into basic geometric models for ease of assembly should one want to print the pieces out on paper and make a real-world 3D model out of it.

A number of the membership here are known for taking such CG renders from in-game models and the like, simplifying them and then make them available for download to others so we can build our armour, or even some of the weapons used in these games.

There is both a free download version and a commercial, off-the-shelf version of Pepakura Designer. Of course, the free version lacks some of the features that the commercial version makes use of, such as importing these computer models into the program and simplifying it yourself.

If you take a look around the forums here, you'll actually find stickied (pinned) topics pertaining to Pepakura, where to download it and how to use it in the "Pepakura and Cardboard Armor" sub-forum under the "Creation Discussion" forum listed on the main page. Hope that helps, dude.

Great work all around, fellas. I'm really looking forward to seeing more Ironman armour come out of this community. I hope to, at some point, make my own suit of Ironman armour. Of course, I have to finish my Mk VI armour first, lol. That movie was pretty damn kewl, heh :D

yeah, he explained it in a nutshell.

anyway, nice job as always, NZTK, thats godly work :)

oooh i can play iron man on guitar, can i has cookie?

Oh yea pepakura! lol well I have heard of that and now I have the question why cant you download it to a mac laptop?? Ive tried like 5 times but it wont let me

OK GUYS I HAVE A PROBLUM. i get this error when i try to upload the files on here.

Upload failed. You are not permitted to upload this type of file

the file is .rar format.

masterfett said:
OK GUYS I HAVE A PROBLUM. i get this error when i try to upload the files on here.

the file is .rar format.
did you try rapidshare? I believe slyfo used rapidshare for all his models and his were in .rar formate

masterfett said:
i will post the pep files but i will leave it upto you guys to unfold this badboy........have fun and feel free to modify the 3d models because they could use some work i think to make them better for pep armor.

Is that the model from the PC game? When do you plan on posting the models?

NZ-TK what kind of program did you use to do that with Iron Man's helmet??

Cinema 4D R10.5

OK GUYS I HAVE A PROBLUM(sp). I get this error when i try to upload the files on here.

You cant use the boards attachment system for .rar's, you need to up loadthem to something like www.mediafire.com and post a download link here.

nice job as always, NZTK, thats godly work

i think the face part moves from the circle things from the inside so shouldnt it rotate with the face?

Yeah, that model is far from complete, there are a lot of things that need work. I made that picture to show a friend an idea I had.

why cant you download it to a mac laptop??

there is no universal binary/OSX version of pepakura, it is currently only Windows compatible, try Parallels or Boot-camp.

Is that the model from the PC game?

Im not 100% but I think it is the PC version, If it is, The model is from the PSP. Apparently the PC version is a PSP port. o_O weird I know. I think the PS3/360 model would be almost exactly the same though. The file will have very little detail geometry, most of Iron Mans costumes could be dealt with efficiently with normal maps. Yay for smooth in-game frame rate, Boo for quick easy model.

NZ-TK said:
Im not 100% but I think it is the PC version, If it is, The model is from the PSP. Apparently the PC version is a PSP port. o_O weird I know. I think the PS3/360 model would be almost exactly the same though. The file will have very little detail geometry, most of Iron Mans costumes could be dealt with efficiently with normal maps. Yay for smooth in-game frame rate, Boo for quick easy model.

Yeah, when I heard that it was a port of the PSP it was a total WTF moment. But the in-game model can still be used as a reference for basic proportions, regardless of detail level.

20xx said:
the in-game model can still be used as a reference for basic proportions, regardless of detail level.

Absolutely, I intend on using it to help make splines to model from.

NZ-TK said:
Absolutely, I intend on using it to help make splines to model from.

Righteous. I halted the model I was working on until I get more reference. I've got a crapload of random pics, promo shots, trailer stills, fan photos from public displays, concept art, the Sideshow bust (that I see you have as well in that shot you posted at the top of the page) and a few photos from unknown sources compiled for this project. My Iron Man folder is 798 megs. ;)

And it still isn't enough!

rvb4life said:
oooh i can play iron man on guitar, can i has cookie?

Yeah? Well, I can play it on the guitar and piano... Can I has 2 cookies?

Hi all, first post.
I've admired all your patience some time now with dealing in all the pepakura you guys do.
I've seen some stellar work here, and i hope i can contribute to this forum somehow too.

I'd like a copy of the 3d model above, where can I get one?

Thanks,
-Glenndon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back