I am Ironman!! Final pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
pinkmasterchief said:
OMG OMG OMG grandparents baught me resin, fiberglass and bondo today :lol:
I can't believe it what shall I build first? o_O
I'm so happy i'm about to cry :cry:

Um ur in the ironman forum!???!!!?!!?!?!?

Last edited by a moderator:
foxymcfox said:
How'd it come out?

That reminds me, if anyone wants to benefit from my experiments, feel free to print out the second image I posted and use it as a template for the front of the face. It's not perfect, but as you put it together you'll see what needs tweaking.

...At least you would have to start completely from scratch in your scratch build.

In case anyone wants to use my image, here's a basic scale to help you get it sized up: The width of the mouth on the main face piece is 6.5 cm, and the height of the piece is approximately 8 cm.

Have fun.

-Nick

EDIT: I just finished roughing the helmet out, the ears are a little low among other things, so I figure I'll just cover the holes, resin the whole things, then fix the problems with some good ol' Bondo. Here it is in it's slightly edited format...

Picture5-2.png

lolZ creAPY eYeZ!

ps... great job on the helm

Looking pretty good. Something you might want to consider is finding a way to use something besides tape. Tape works and all but if you are going to fiberglass it makes it want to come off and stuff. Luckily I was able to keep mine together even though I used tape. Oh, and If anyone wants me to post my few templates I used I'll gladly take a few pictures for you.

Darthcalibar said:
Looking pretty good. Something you might want to consider is finding a way to use something besides tape. Tape works and all but if you are going to fiberglass it makes it want to come off and stuff. Luckily I was able to keep mine together even though I used tape. Oh, and If anyone wants me to post my few templates I used I'll gladly take a few pictures for you.
o plz do

KillerT26 said:
DVC00361.jpg

DVC00362.jpg

DVC00363.jpg

These arent much, but they are what I used. I just made only one half of the shape. That way I can trace it on to another piece of cardstock, flip it over and trace it again and the whole piece is perfectly symmetrical. I did adjust the top piece a little when I cut it out, I made it a bit taller. Hope this helps.

Darthcalibar said:
Looking pretty good. Something you might want to consider is finding a way to use something besides tape. Tape works and all but if you are going to fiberglass it makes it want to come off and stuff.
Right now, I'm completely rebuilding a lot of my helm to minimize the amount of tape and to make the structure more efficient overall. Tape is just so convenient for "guess and check" scratch building. I'll probably end up replacing most of the tape with glue by the end, but I have to go one seam at a time, so this could take some time.

-Nick

Darthcalibar said:
DVC00361.jpg

DVC00362.jpg

DVC00363.jpg

These arent much, but they are what I used. I just made only one half of the shape. That way I can trace it on to another piece of cardstock, flip it over and trace it again and the whole piece is perfectly symmetrical. I did adjust the top piece a little when I cut it out, I made it a bit taller. Hope this helps.
ok ty but how dd u make the sides?

Hey Darthcalibar great helmet! I was just wondering if you could send me the reference pictures you used cause that would be great...thanks man

Finnish_Spartan said:
Looks cool, but please start up your own thread in this... This is DarthCalibers progress thread.
he deserves ALL the attention.

-Fin(n)ish

If DarthCalibar doesn't have a problem with it, why should we?

-F( r)iendly

Finnish_Spartan said:
Looks cool, but please start up your own thread in this... This is DarthCalibers progress thread.
he deserves ALL the attention.

-Fin(n)ish
I'd be more than happy to start my own thread, but as I said initially, Darth's work inspired me to make my own attempt, so I figured it was on topic. Once I progress further than my current stage (Resin, bondo, etc), I will most likely start my own thread.

By the way, Darth, any progress on your molding and casting efforts?

-Nick

foxymcfox said:
I'd be more than happy to start my own thread, but as I said initially, Darth's work inspired me to make my own attempt, so I figured it was on topic. Once I progress further than my current stage (Resin, bondo, etc), I will most likely start my own thread.

By the way, Darth, any progress on your molding and casting efforts?

-Nick

Yeah I don't really care if you post your pictures here, I enjoy seeing your work. The only thing is after a while people that are lazy and don't read any of the previous pages will start to get really confused with whose work is whose. Anywho, your helmet is coming along quite nicely. I can send reference pics to anyone who needs them. As for my casting and molding, I haven't got my materials quite yet. I will update as soon as I do.

Ordered Some rebound 25 today. :) I also saw Speed Racer today. Great movie. If you are picky don't see it, If you loved the cartoon as a kid and still do, go see it right now. Keep your eyes peeled for a new thread in the molded section and then a thread in the classifieds once i start getting casts made. :)

Hey Darthcalibar I also wanted to ask you how much would one of your helmets cost and what kind of stuff are you going to use to mold your helmet?

look what you guys will be playing around with in pep this weekend from yours trully :rolleyes

ironmanprofile.jpg

i will post the pep files but i will leave it upto you guys to unfold this badboy........have fun and feel free to modify the 3d models because they could use some work i think to make them better for pep armor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back