I did not pre-order Halo 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without a Forge and Energy?
I thought the Dawn was split in 2 Halfs during the Escape?
Now i am curious.

Glasslands explains that MJOLNIR in Cryo sleep will begin upgrading itself by some sort of nano-technology.
The FuD was split in two, but Master Chief went to cryo sleep at the end of Halo 3. Also Cortana was able to upgrade armor too according to some people.

In short the armor will update when it isn't being used. Halo 4 takes place months after Halo 3, so plenty of time for wizardry.

Glasslands explains that MJOLNIR in Cryo sleep will begin upgrading itself by some sort of nano-technology.
The FuD was split in two, but Master Chief went to cryo sleep at the end of Halo 3. Also Cortana was able to upgrade armor too according to some people.

In short the armor will update when it isn't being used. Halo 4 takes place months after Halo 3, so plenty of time for wizardry.

Nano-Technology? Well...can live with that...even if it´s a nice Excuse and i don´t really believe it.

Right after the cut scene Chief's been asleep for over four years so plenty of time for either Cortana to upgrade it (she said she changed his firmware) or nano-tech.

I liked the one climbing portion, it's like 30 seconds and gives it a new feel. If they didn't add or change anything it would be like the first Assassin's Creed game where everything was repeated over and over.

I've beaten it on legendary and it's just as tough as H3 was. Haven't played online/spartan ops yet have to wait til next week.

I really like it and still think you should pick it up eventually

After two days of playing i think halo 4 is a good addition to the franchise. When i first got it at midnight and put it in and loaded up the multi player i disliked it right away turned it off and went to bed. The next day i woke up and decided to give it another try and play the campaign instead after all that's what always set halo a part from other shooters for me. As soon as i stated it i felt better it felt like halo and the story was just as good as the older games.

After that i went back and tried the multi player again and after getting the feel down in the campaign i liked it alot more. The multi player still feels different but more halo like now but really the campaign is where its at. That's Halo through and through and that gets you into the multi player which is really good after a second look. Well worth getting and well worth getting excited about.

well if you don't like the ending or the reaper like ship the forerunner as then good luck, because now we have to face more forerunner and what has happend to the cheif? i mean the stroy is as big as it was back in halo one.

In the second cutscene at the start of the game cortana tells you she rewrote the armour software whilst you were under. The best add by far is sprint permanetly

well if you don't like the ending or the reaper like ship the forerunner as then good luck, because now we have to face more forerunner and what has happend to the cheif? i mean the stroy is as big as it was back in halo one.

Spoilers man some haven't finished the game yet.

I hated the ending... I was a soldier for nine years and that sh*t made me tear up... Then again, I cannot see it being Halo without that element, so I think they might have something up their sleeve... Seeing as how, well... what was explained in Halo: Reach and all regarding the origin of... I've said to much.

I went to the midnight launch with some friends, and I jumped straight into multiplayer with them till 4, I'll admit, it is becoming exactly like call of duty. well, not exactly. Just the base around the multiplayer. The sprinting was a nice add, but the loadouts kind of ruined it for me. It reminded me exactly like black ops. Where you unlock guns and have to purchase them too. I got tired of it and decided to get off when my friends pulled an all nighter. I decided to play the campaign offline so i could be fully immersed, I have to say, the first part of the mission seemed slow, but them it started to pick up. I started to become interested. but the mission ended. The other missions after seemed to become shorter and shorter. I was kind of sad to see when it ended where it did. I understand that they are making a trilogy, but the ending , being a halo fan since I could play videogames, kind of made me sad... I feel they could have put more hope into the sadness. The campaign overall told a great story, but they did it too fast. I completed the campaign in 4 hours on normal, not the usual time I spend playing a campaign... I was kind of dissapointed with 343. I realize I ramble, but I hope you could understand my observations of Halo 4.

I understand completely what you're saying here, it wasn't as good as it could be, but it was still really amazing! I was rather disappointed with how short the campaign was too, but it was an epic campaign! Besides, Spartan Ops is like an extended campaign, and that's gonna be three times as long in just the first season!

Overall I love the new Halo. Even with the loadouts and armor mods in the multiplayer, it's no tas over powered as it can get in CoD. It's a great new system in my opinion, and Infinity Slayer is just pure fun!

well, I just beat the campaign and I've been playing multiplier for quite a while. The ooh-aah factor has settled and I have some thoughts.

the single player experience is pretty mediocre in my opinion. Most people already know that the campaign is really short; and I cant help but feel that its really rushed too. The story kept throwing in new plot elements in on the fly; with little to no explanation. the covenant being bad again, the didact, the new spartan troops, and so on. Not to mention adding a bunch of characters that really don't matter or I could care less for, or even both. Like the new spartan girl and commander latsky( yes I know he is from the forward onto dawn show.)

there are also two quick time events in the game(one in the beginning and one in the end). I cant help but feel that they just threw those in. they seem so superfluous and dumb.

the story also has some moments where I was just completely taken out of it by how corny or predictable it was(like the ending). other moments were really neat though. (I wont go into them for the sake of spoilers) After all that the game play is pretty much the same. its halo, and I want to like it, but the story just inst very great .

Also, while playing I can't help but feel that this game takes a lot of story info and inspiration from the books and other media from the halo franchise, where as CE-reach inspired the books and comics and whatnot.

not to mention all the other sci fi references that the story has. Star wars, tron, and mass effect to name a few. (again no examples due to spoilers.)

Multi player has changed a lot. Most of it is very irritating for me. they brought back the battle rifle, which I hate( I know most people love it.) reach took out the battle rifle for a reason, and 343 brought it back out of sheer fan service. I feel like they tried to make the multi player more like 3, because a lot of people didn't like the reach multi player.( again more fan service)

The armor abilities are a mixed bag. Evade and jet pack were pretty much ruined( half your jet pack is wasted just getting you off the ground). some armor abilities I do like though, like the promentian vision. I also have mixed feelings about the hard light shield too. I really liked armor lock in reach, but I will admit it was severely abused. the hard light shield fixes the problem, but it also kind of ruins the concept for me.

The load outs, weapon drops, and ordnance are a novel idea, but this is not call of duty:halo edition. I really don't like that weapons spawn randomly, because it leaves a lot of the game to luck, where as in past games whichever team fought the hardest gets the power weapon, and they stayed in the same place.

ordnance drops suffer the luck problem as well. go ahead and ask me how many times I've gotten the needler, speed boost, and a grenade refill. Meanwhile, others are getting really good drops like saws, shotguns, and other stuff. I've heard tell that you can re shuffle w__hat you can get, bu I've never seen it happen.

the other things like load outs and and perks really irk me because it's just not halo. one could argue that reach had load outs, but that was more or less simply choosing an armor ability. the only time it really differed was in firefight; which i can understand.

as far as design wise goes, i hate the new designs. The Spartans look like crysis and halo had an ugly baby.(although I did like that they added a lot more visor colors) The helmets and other armors just don't look very halo at all. the new vehicles stink too; they changed too much of the design. they are still recognizable, they just don't look right.

The covenant barely look like the covenant. In fact, the all look like they have the same skin, with different bodies and armor. the only thing covenant the stayed the same are the vehicles.

the Promethean and forerunner structures really remind me of tron with all the blue and orange.

Also, this game really likes optical flares. Its obsessed with them, and it makes the game really hard to play with how shiny and bright everything is. changing the settings on both the tv and the game do not help. Not to mention the view bobbing of the screen when you jump and the fact the some of the screen is actually cut off from your helmet. its very small, but its enough to be annoying and make everything feel clustered.

So overall, 343 wanted to make the most ambitious halo ever, while still retaining what makes halo halo. Instead, what we got was a game with a shallow and rushed single player story; and a multi player that borrows too many ideas from other games and depends too heavily on luck. I'm serious, I think its that bad. the whole package is just not very halo at all, and that's my main problem with 343i in general. They are trying to make someone else's art, and of course it comes out much different than what I feel bungie would put out. I'm more sad than angry though, because one of my favorite franchisees is being beat to death because Microsoft refuses to let one of their only exclusives end in peace.

The biggest complaint I heard about reach is that it changed to much and it didn't feel like halo. if people though reach was bad for that reason, then this game is an atrocity!

and I could nitpick forever, but I think I made my point. Sorry to all reading this that like halo 4; everyone's entitled to their own opinion. This may be my last halo, just because of how disappointing this one was for me. I'm just glad that I could get all this off my chest somewhere.

I apologize for the ranting; I think i'm gonna go pop in reach now.

The big problem for most people was the lack of story base told in the game. Alot of the setting for the H4 plot was written in the three books preceding Halo 4, which explains a large majority of the reasons some people complain about the campaign.

So overall, 343 wanted to make the most ambitious halo ever, while still retaining what makes halo halo. Instead, what we got was a game with a shallow and rushed single player story; and a multi player that borrows too many ideas from other games and depends too heavily on luck. I'm serious, I think its that bad. the whole package is just not very halo at all, and that's my main problem with 343i in general. They are trying to make someone else's art, and of course it comes out much different than what I feel bungie would put out. I'm more sad than angry though, because one of my favorite franchisees is being beat to death because Microsoft refuses to let one of their only exclusives end in peace.

The biggest complaint I heard about reach is that it changed to much and it didn't feel like halo. if people though reach was bad for that reason, then this game is an atrocity!

and I could nitpick forever, but I think I made my point. Sorry to all reading this that like halo 4; everyone's entitled to their own opinion. This may be my last halo, just because of how disappointing this one was for me. I'm just glad that I could get all this off my chest somewhere.

I apologize for the ranting; I think i'm gonna go pop in reach now.

You are my new best friend. I really could not agree more.

Sometime soon I'm going to borrow a copy from my friend and then I'm going to play through the campagin and a few games of mulitplayer. Then I'll post my final thoughts.

Halo 4 just really makes me mad. I don't know why. But it just does. I feel like I've been left behind somewhere along the line and that people that I've never seen playing Halo before are all over it now. I kinda feel cheated. I always mistrusted 343i, but now I know that my mistrust was correct. But does 343 know that they are wrong? That is the real question.

okay halo 4 was some what of a downer, but come on i didn't think it was that bad in fact i felt like i was playing halo one again, it's just the ending, my god why do they have to kill off one more person, i just didn't get that, and then i turns the frist two greg bear books on their head's i mean really why, sure the game was fun, but making me look at the cheif like i did just didn't feel right, and the fact that the cheif didn't have a few lines about the mantis made me madder then DBZ fans when they mess up. then their's less things like the frist time you see a watcher cortana doesn't make a comment about them.

i don't know where i stand now but i'm going back to reach for a while.

I see that there is alot of hate for 343 and Halo 4, but also some praise fro them as well. I remain neutral so far with them, I beat campaign and have played so much multiplayer that I am in the sr30's. I do see alot of bad things about this game, but the good outweighs the bad for me. Sure, multiplayer does have some CoD features, but it's still halo to me. The campaign was short and it didn't end how I would like, but all the other halo games were short too and I feel that the ending brought some new possibilities for Halo 5. Overall, I feel like it was worth the wait. I do miss bungie though.

I went to the launch party at my local EBgames for Halo 4. It was pretty fun and i even got to see a 405th member there too. Anyways, i got home and played through the whole campaign and some multilayer over night. So i went back to the store with the game the next morning and told them i wanted to return my copy of Black Ops 2 they gave me on Halo 4 launch night...

Wellll....

Unlike a lot of you, i actually love everything about the new halo. Part of that is because i am also a cod fan. They added some elements that are really CODish, but they add a whole new element to the game that i actually love. The way they made the multiplayer will attract a whole new crowd of fans. Now keep in mind that Bungie did not make this game, therefore you shouldent have been expecting a game that was exactly like halo 3 or reach. I went into playing this game with an open mind and i liked it. This is a whole completely new game, even though it is called Halo 4.

Plus, making the armors will present a challenge!

I like a challenge... So STOP WHINING ;):p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back