I Do Believe My Box Is Dying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, my xbox is screwed over. I was playing online and it froze up, so I just turned it off, let it sit for a minuet and try again. Same thing happened.

Now when I start it up, after about 20 seconds of sitting at the dashboard it goes to a solid black screen

I do have my usb fan running on it, and I haven't been playing much at all today, but I think I'm getting the RROD,,,again.

I've unplugged everything, and tried that, nothing

Cleared the xbox hard drive cache,,nothing.

Help?

leave it off for today all cables unplugged... tommorow check back in.. if it doesnt want to boot check your cables twice and try again.. if same thing happens as today just reset it and hope for the best. or google it and see if you can get an answer on their.

CommanderFluffy said:
leave it off for today all cables unplugged... tommorow check back in.. if it doesnt want to boot check your cables twice and try again.. if same thing happens as today just reset it and hope for the best. or google it and see if you can get an answer on their.

Yea its weird. It boots up, it just randomly goes to a solid black screen after an X amount of time. It happens quicker when I sign into live. O well, I'll just let it sit like you said and play some halo CE on here lol ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nvmd, as of 9:46 Pm,,,,it's dead.

New plan. M$ wants a 100 bucks to repair my POS system.

I how-ever am getting my tax rebate here soon and I'm just going to buy the arcade consol for 200. Just plop in my hard drive and tada. Good as new.

i do xbox 360 repairs you could send the rrod xbox to me if your getting a new one. i like casemodding them! and puttin a modchip in em for modded maps (offline use only)

PM me if you wanna get rid of it.

CommanderFluffy said:
i do xbox 360 repairs you could send the rrod xbox to me if your getting a new one. i like casemodding them! and puttin a modchip in em for modded maps (offline use only)

PM me if you wanna get rid of it.

This is pretty tempting, I'll PM you in a sec ;)

I just did the towel trick and its surprisingly working.. hmm I don't know for how long though.

oo towel trick will mess with more than one component. and thats never good.. you could unseat a resitor. those things are a pain to put back in lol

While I have this topic going:

I have Halo 1 installed to my laptop. Say I wanted to mod it to where I replace the marine models with spartan models. Is that possible? If so how would I do it?

Spartan-343 said:
Nvmd, as of 9:46 Pm,,,,it's dead.

New plan. M$ wants a 100 bucks to repair my POS system.

I how-ever am getting my tax rebate here soon and I'm just going to buy the arcade consol for 200. Just plop in my hard drive and tada. Good as new.

How long have you had your Xbox?
If you had it less than 3 years, you get free repairs when you send it it. This is because Microsoft has a 3 year warranty in case of RROD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back