I feel its necessary to bring this up

Status
Not open for further replies.

axmaxwell

I'm not saying it was one of us, but what I was told happened is a little disturbing.

One of my superiors was out with his family this weekend, told me today that "Halo cosplayers" were harassing his underage daughters.

He said that they were poking his daughters in the butt with their rifle barrels. He said when he confronted them about it, he had to resort to punching one in the face.

I don't know how accurate his story is, but I do know that there is nothing he cares about more than his children.

As the 405th, I feel we are responsible to keep an eye out for this type of behavior in our community. I'm not pointing fingers or going to give out any information about him or his family, but when I heard this it really disturbed me.

That is definitely behavior that needs to be rooted out and corrected. Totally unacceptable and inappropriate on many levels.

We're not about naming names here on the 405th, but you definitely did the right thing with making the community aware of issues like this so they can be addressed.

I would shoot your Regimental Leader and Art Andrews both a PM about the situation. If the culprit is a member of the forum, he needs to be dealt with and removed - this is, of course, assuming further action isn't to be taken with law enforcement, if the affected parties wish to raise the issue.

Yeah, I'd definitely say that you should talk to your Regiment Leader and get him/her to handle things.
I will say though that what Arcanine suggested is quite extreme, especially since we have only been passed along the story. It would seem as though axmaxell wasn't there first hand either so we are at least the 3rd people to hear about this in a game of telephone.

I believe in 2nd chances and giving people the opportunity to redeem themselves. I'm not saying we should forget about the incident, but there are ways to handle the situation and prevent it from happening again without calling the police on one of our members or removing them altogether, as we would also rather not have someone who is disgruntled spreading bad things around about the 405th.

Also, we don't even know if this person is an actual member of the 405th. We don't know the age of the person that was doing this, they could have been underage as well. It doesn't make it right, but there is a big difference between touching someone underage when you are of legal age vs. when you are not.
I also don't think that the dad had to "resort" to punching one of the guys in the face after confronting them. That too is assault, and if you are confronting someone, then you are probably on the offensive, so I'm going to say that it probably wasn't in self defense.
In any sense, it sounds like some high school shenanigans, and I'm sure a lot of us did some dumb stuff in high school at some point.

Did this happen at SDCC?
How old were the girls? 5 or.... could they have been 17 and were schoolmates with the guys who were poking them and what happened was that the girls' dad was the one who went too far?

Anyways, we don't have the full story, especially since we haven't heard the other side.
This individual definitely needs to be warned, and I would personally prefer it if they weren't allowed to wear the 405th logo on their armor, but that is just me.

Best thing to do is to get a description of the incident, description of those involved, where and when it happened, a point of contact, and what, if any, official reports were filed.

Without most of this information there is not much we can do to move forward.

It's also worth noting that the general public often confused other costumes as Halo. Plus, not every halo costumer is on our forums (not do we have official members at this time). Without further details I'd like to discourage people from speculating.
axmaxwell can you PM me any details you have?

Everyone else, try and focus discussion on general ways to address code of conduct breaches by 405th members, and let's avoid trying to guess who was right, wrong, etc.

We will take the information privately, submit it to the appropriate parties or authorities, and let the community know of the end results.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back