I got a problem, and it ain't like what you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PapaBraus

Ladies and gentlemen of the 405th, we need to have a very serious discussion.

I'm going to give a short backstory and lead into what I think we need to discuss.

My grandma passed away last Sunday. We did a memorial today. It has been a rough week. I'm not here to discuss that, but I promised you a backstory. I also promised it would be short. Yeah, so its really short.

Two of my old highschool buddies were contacted about the funeral. One of them showed up and the other didn't.

*Braus, we are in the middle of a pandemic, what did you expect?*

I didn't expect either to show. One did. Someone who I've been trying to contact for the better part of four years. The other buddy was unable to show citing "family problems".

I had two conversations I didn't think I was going to have this week that didn't involve me or my family.

Conversation #1:

"I wish I could make it, but my wife had a breakdown months ago and ended up in a ward"

"Oh, hell, why didn't you call me?"

"It wasn't my story to tell."

Conversation #2:

"I've turned into a recluse, I've been depressed, and I'm pushing away everyone that loves me, and I'm fully aware of that. I'm trying to change."

"Everytime I think about you I call man."

"I know, I'm just losing my passion."

"I'm not gonna stop calling you man."

````````````````````````````````````````````

Two separate conversations with old friends were had tonight where a simple phone call would have helped lessen the severity of their issues. Two separate issues were not handled with support because the support they needed did not exist the way they thought it needed to exist.

I have said this before and I will say this again. This is not a forum as much as it is a family. Reach your arm out and I will do my best to lift you up. Reach out to family and friends as best you can, and lift them back up.

BE HUMAN

Make this world and community a better place by caring ladies and gentlemen. Be there for each other.

Hell, be there for yourself.

Ladies and gentlemen of the 405th, we need to have a very serious discussion.

I'm going to give a short backstory and lead into what I think we need to discuss.

My grandma passed away last Sunday. We did a memorial today. It has been a rough week. I'm not here to discuss that, but I promised you a backstory. I also promised it would be short. Yeah, so its really short.

Two of my old highschool buddies were contacted about the funeral. One of them showed up and the other didn't.

*Braus, we are in the middle of a pandemic, what did you expect?*

I didn't expect either to show. One did. Someone who I've been trying to contact for the better part of four years. The other buddy was unable to show citing "family problems".

I had two conversations I didn't think I was going to have this week that didn't involve me or my family.

Conversation #1:

"I wish I could make it, but my wife had a breakdown months ago and ended up in a ward"

"Oh, hell, why didn't you call me?"

"It wasn't my story to tell."

Conversation #2:

"I've turned into a recluse, I've been depressed, and I'm pushing away everyone that loves me, and I'm fully aware of that. I'm trying to change."

"Everytime I think about you I call man."

"I know, I'm just losing my passion."

"I'm not gonna stop calling you man."

````````````````````````````````````````````

Two separate conversations with old friends were had tonight where a simple phone call would have helped lessen the severity of their issues. Two separate issues were not handled with support because the support they needed did not exist the way they thought it needed to exist.

I have said this before and I will say this again. This is not a forum as much as it is a family. Reach your arm out and I will do my best to lift you up. Reach out to family and friends as best you can, and lift them back up.

BE HUMAN

Make this world and community a better place by caring ladies and gentlemen. Be there for each other.

Hell, be there for yourself.
This whole story, is kind of how I'm through right now. This is something I needed to look at and wonder now to self: "who, out of anyone, friends/family, would give you a call or text just to see how u are. Especially during times like these".

So sorry to hear about your grandma Braus. You're absolutely right about this being a family. And like a family, it doesn't matter how long you've been away, we'll still be happy to talk to you. With the pandemic it's very easy to feel isolated. Hop in the discord, there's always people to chat with. It can feel like a big step to get yourself out of that place but it's absolutely worth it.

Also if you haven't heard from a friend in a while they can easily just be dealing with reality which is hard enough without all the other crap going on in the world. It's easy for us to forget this and I even catch myself needing to just stop and worry about me and my family and getting sidetracked worrying about others. I hate that so many are such a dark place right now. But I totally feel this one PapaBraus . I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother, and Spiderboy196 I have even gone so far as to reach out to old friends from High School just to reconnect and surprisingly enough that was a huge boost for a few of them.

Y'all I am gonna Jerry Springer this *MF:
Television Reality Tv GIF by The Jerry Springer Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back