I guess this should go under pepakura(Updated pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

drgon47

What started out as a pepkura paper helmet, has now been resined, fiberglassed, and now has a layer of clay around the outside. Very rough at the moment, but after I eat dinner I'll be whipping out the heat gun and proceding to have the rest of my fingerprints burned off from boiling hot clay in the smoothing and detailing process. Heres a few early progress pics.

Haloclay001.jpg

Haloclay002.jpg

Haloclay003.jpg

Haloclay004.jpg

Haloclay005.jpg

Haloclay006.jpg

Haloclay007.jpg

Dude, that looks sweet! I imagine you could do some nice detailing with that ;)

EDIT: Oh, and what kinda clay is that?

this is going to be fantastic. I just fear it may be too big. We'll see ;-) Awesome job!

Well, Ive built some other helmets at a smaller scale, and they were too small. So I just stuck with the standard. Plus the last one I built and never completely finished was at the same 7 foot soldier scaling and with a few chunks of foam inside, it was perfect. But yeah, we'll see. If anything at all, I'm getting alot of practice at sculpting clay.

i planned to do the same exact thing. my first helmet i made (before i even knew about this site) was slightly too small so wear, im doing another one now, and the scaling is coming along great so far arms backpack and helmet, cut scored, and glueing now. :)
although, why are you covering, and using clay on the visor? arnt you going to sut it out anyways, or just be blind when you have in the helmet lol

Clay? What kind of clay? Water-based would be really heavy, and oil-based would break easily.

Here ya go folks, some more pictures. I did some more smoothing and I mainly worked on the top half. I think I've pretty well got the lines shaped as well as I can by hand. Ill probably have to sand parts on the first cast, but then I can remold that and itll be perfect.

Enjoy

Photo-0004.jpg

Photo-0003.jpg

Photo-0002.jpg

Photo-0001.jpg

EDIT

So I brought my helmet in, grabbed some screens from starry night trailer, grabbed my latest game informer and started detailing the jaw. Here is some extremely rough details. placeholders and general shapes.

BlueRealm, if I could get your opinion on this since I'm fairly new at the whole clay scene, and your stuff looks fantastic, it would be much appreciated!

Photo-0008.jpg

Photo-0007.jpg

Photo-0006.jpg

Photo-0005.jpg

EDIT

Okay. 6 hours later Im about to fall asleep but here is my final update for the night. Note that the lights on the helmet are just for show to give a sense of how I'm holding the helmet.

Enjoy

Photo-00111.jpg

Photo-00101.jpg

Due to the picture limit per post restriction I must double post so as not to clutter up the boards with another thread when I allready have one started. So here are some updated pictures after several nights of work.

Enjoy

Photo-00171.jpg

Photo-00181.jpg

Photo-00191.jpg

Photo-00201.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back