I Have An Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

darthturkey

Jr Member
Ok well i was thinking of a basic design for a quick and easy LED setup, BUT without all the fuss of wiring in the helmet finding places for batteries and such. Ok well it starts with the use of the little bit of extra space where the LEDs should go. Add a small block of some solid enough material, prefereably wood. Then im preety sure its called tapping and make threads on 2 whole sin the block in line where the LEDs should be. Then take a small piece of copper (Or other) piping. This will be the housing for the LED setup.
Now just as a note the whole LED setups will each be independent of each other.
OK now what you must do is make an assembly for the LED in this piping that contains everything, resistors and led setup. Now your thinking ok now this wont work, what battery do i use?
We will be using the small very small button cell batterys. Proabaly two each depending on the LED.
NOw these batterys tend to be pricey,5 dollars each BUT follow this quick hack (courtesy of Kipkay) and you can get about 5 or 6 for about 3 or 4 dollars. Here is Hack Video
Now You must thread the outer rim of this copper pipe so it can be wound into the wood block placed inside the helmet. Once this is done but the enite assembly together, but any caps on the LEDS if you must, and VOILA.
A quick and small LED that wont clutter your helmet with any wires or 9 volts. Now the only problem is you might have to change batteries from time to time but ehh W/e you use a watch dont you?. Now as for the switch design i was thinking a button switch on the back of each block. Possibly you could have the sets wound into one.
Now I have been on this site long and im not sure if this is already done, if it is i feel like a complete idiot, but if it isnt then i hope i get around to designing this.
ANy comments are welcome on this input? Anything?

darthturkey said:
Ok well i was thinking of a basic design for a quick and easy LED setup, BUT without all the fuss of wiring in the helmet finding places for batteries and such. Ok well it starts with the use of the little bit of extra space where the LEDs should go. Add a small block of some solid enough material, prefereably wood. Then im preety sure its called tapping and make threads on 2 whole sin the block in line where the LEDs should be. Then take a small piece of copper (Or other) piping. This will be the housing for the LED setup.
Now just as a note the whole LED setups will each be independent of each other.
OK now what you must do is make an assembly for the LED in this piping that contains everything, resistors and led setup. Now your thinking ok now this wont work, what battery do i use?
We will be using the small very small button cell batterys. Proabaly two each depending on the LED.
NOw these batterys tend to be pricey,5 dollars each BUT follow this quick hack (courtesy of Kipkay) and you can get about 5 or 6 for about 3 or 4 dollars. Here is Hack Video
Now You must thread the outer rim of this copper pipe so it can be wound into the wood block placed inside the helmet. Once this is done but the enite assembly together, but any caps on the LEDS if you must, and VOILA.
A quick and small LED that wont clutter your helmet with any wires or 9 volts. Now the only problem is you might have to change batteries from time to time but ehh W/e you use a watch dont you?. Now as for the switch design i was thinking a button switch on the back of each block. Possibly you could have the sets wound into one.
Now I have been on this site long and im not sure if this is already done, if it is i feel like a complete idiot, but if it isnt then i hope i get around to designing this.
ANy comments are welcome on this input? Anything?
I think its a pretty good idea you can buy LED holders for about a dollar for 10.I was thinking about the same kind of idea with the button cell batteries because LED runs on 3vdc and if tou think of it ahead of time you can make a small spot in your helm for the holder and switch.I was thinking of putting the batt/switch assembly in the back behind my head.i am gonna use split loom for my ventallator tube.Split loom is a wire duct that looks like the hose.Over all iI think Its a great idea.if I come up with anything Ill let you know.Also check out digikey.com for some of the electronic parts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back