I have my base for the warthog im thinking about building

Status
Not open for further replies.
BlacRoseImmortal said:
If i'm ever in MT, i'll be sure to give you a hand on your warthog ;) I promise :D
if im ever in mt ill be sure to take it off your hands and ill give you a cookie for it :D oh and milk :p

Last edited by a moderator:
i just saw this, and i can say this is pretty feasible.....but gonna be expensive as hell.....

good luck on this.....you are gonna need it :D

rvb4life said:
i just saw this, and i can say this is pretty feasible.....but gonna be expensive as hell.....
good luck on this.....you are gonna need it :D

Already cost me a 16k truck.

CPU64 said:
I am also pretty good with auto restoration so I volunteer to make your seat covers :D

What about making both the seats instead of covers? :D

Col. McBride Tyson L. said:
I notice that the seat for the 2004 RSX type-S are similar to the ones in the hog . There the ones I'm gonna use in my hog and there nice as hell.

I thought about that, but I have been building custom speaker boxes as a hobby for the past couple of years. And I am so sick of working with fiber glass. I want someone to be able to walk up, tap it and have it feel hard and solid like armor. If Kevlar was not so damn expensive I would Kevlar the whole thing, So I will most likely be using a heavy duty sheet metal As far the the size of the truck, I would add a lift kit, bigger rims and meatier tires

If your sick of fiberglassing, Why not carbon fiber? It's as strong as steel.

-Fin(n)ish

If you need any help on the Interior to your Warthog, I'd be glad to lend a hand if its possible. I want to see this thing done so bad lol.

I'll take on any small projects that I can do acurately from down here in Florida that i'll be able to ship to you. Let me know!

I will be posting pictures late tomorrow night, Weather has been kind of crappy and I need to make room in my shop to work on it. For now I have been working outside. The strip down of the interior is almost complete. Minus taking out the dash. Once the interior is stripped out I will be taking off the front fenders, Then from there the real fun starts. Gotta jet for now

EDIT: As far as using Carbon Fiber, I was thinking about using it for the body. But I have little to no experience with CF. I have read some online Tut's about how to work with CF but thats about it. It would be WAY more expensive then using fiberglass. I'm still tossing around the idea. Once I have completed the tear down faze and get ready to start the build faze then I will put more thought into what materials to use for creating the body

cardboard is your friend.
I use tagboard to mock up pretty much any modification of a car I'm doing. And if you're looking to fiberglass it, as opposed to steel or CF, try this stuff: foam board insulation
this is just an example, but there are a few varieties you can pick up at home depot and the like. its easy to cut and shape, and you can smooth out the shape using files or bondo, then glass it. If you want to use it to make a mold, pick up some poly vinyl acetate (PVA). Its like mold release for fiberglass. spray it or brush it on, glass it, then peel it free. Bam. Instant panel.

Humungotron said:
spray it or brush it on, glass it, then peel it free. Bam. Instant panel.

Excellent suggestion. That could severely increase you production time on the body. (y)

ya know that little toy golden civilian hog? i personaly think you shoul make that. it's cool. and its a bit easier you know? but im not building it so i can't say much here is a pic of that hog[attachment=4347:golden_w..._full_1_.jpg]

You mean frame and all?
I don't mind. I'd need good measurements, and the pattern for the bolts.

CPU64 said:
You mean frame and all?
I don't mind. I'd need good measurements, and the pattern for the bolts.
i could get you measurements for the seats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back