I have returned!!! (Halo Foam Armor Build)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Preparation Stage

I will be building a Halo 3 Mk 6 Spartan Armour (Medium Details). I am currently working on sizing to fit. (First time using Eva Foam for a build by a way.;))

Good luck! Make sure to learn your material, you can do a lot with it! I would recommend starting with small pieces or a small weapon to get a feel for it.

You can always clean up the excess hot glue by rubbing the hot tip of the glue gun on it, besides that it looks pretty good
I've done this but I have gone a bit further......Not 100% safe or pain free but when the glue is still warm/pliable, I've scrapped it off with my finger and it leaves the area cleaner. the down side is you have to stay clear of the seam. Otherwise you might pull it out from there.

Hot glue really isn't the best to use for this kind of thing, but it works in a pinch.

I'd recommend a two part solution, similar to both these methods. Apply the hot glue sparingly as needed, then using an instrument that is finger- like, but not attached to nerves, move the glue to where it won't get gloppy. Then, after the seam has dried in shape, there will be a smaller amount of excess that needs some care with the tip of the glue gun.

I hope that makes sense.

Happy Easter and a quick update. I am waiting to get a new printer and heat gun to start making the armour piece. Should be able to start making plans around the Frist or second week of May. I have not forgotten about it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back