I Hope this was the right forum, Halo Guitar

Status
Not open for further replies.

That Guy

Hey, guys, first post here, i couldn't find a forum with a better description for this idea, but her goes anyway, i'm thinking of making a halo guitar, right now its just an idea, bcause i need the money for the guitar, which i'm working on, i wouldn't take a crack at my gibson, sheckter, or kramer incase i screw up ha, at this point the only feesible ideas, i'm considering, are a paintjob, but i'm sure cooler things could be thought up like armored neck heads and stuff. The guitar i will most likely want to do this on would be a simple les paul, epiphone due to pricing, but something like a dean rzorback would look even cooler, anyways, idea is, i could paint it free hand (very unlikely depending on complexity of design, and my 0 skill level) or i could paint it with a stencil, or i could get a vinyl sticker or something that conforms to the guitar, as u can see i really dont know where to take this, i dont know wether i want to just have the halo symbol and name printed on the body of the guitar, which i could do with a stencil, or do a complete master chief in mid combat mural, anyways, any ideas would be helpful, i hope i can do this, but it probably wont be for a while. thanks guys

o by the way i saw an awesome article on how to paint guitars for like 20 bucks that look awesome, like factory quality, dont have a link, but it was called paint your own guitars, i'm sure a google search would do well

purchase an unpainted wooden guitar body w/out the internals or the neck and sand it, draw what you whant out, paint, get the other materials then put it together

Well, just throwing this out there. If you have carpentry tools available to you, you could go to a pawn shop; get the cheapest working guitar; crack open the base and take all of the inner workings out; make your own base; put it all back together; ???; profit.

You should use high quality automotive spray paints.

If you are gonna do one that would be Master Chief themed I would say use an Explorer shaped body and if you were to do one covenant or Elite themed I would say go for a Randy Rhodes shape.

Here is a site that sells every thing you would need to make your own fully custom guitars http://www.warmoth.com/.

metallijosh said:
You should use high quality automotive spray paints.

If you are gonna do one that would be Master Chief themed I would say use an Explorer shaped body and if you were to do one covenant or Elite themed I would say go for a Randy Rhodes shape.

Here is a site that sells every thing you would need to make your own fully custom guitars http://www.warmoth.com/.

and thats where the price comes in....... theres no point spending mega bucks $$$$$ if its not going to urn out right i reconmend you buy a cheap guitar try wat u wanna do, if it works then buy a good guitar and do it on that but if it doesent work you know you havnt lost as much $$$$

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back