I need advice for 3d print adhesion to raft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegacyAlloy227

Early on, the print would warp off of the raft and the print would be ruined. This only happens when a majority of the model is printed directly onto the raft without supports. To combat this, I have Krazy Glue with a brush tip, and I literally brush the corners where a model is attached to the raft. This prevents the model from warping off the raft early on in the print, and it works pretty well. My concern is that I will ruin a part of my printer with super glue and have to order replacement parts. Is there another way to prevent my prints from detaching from the raft?

What filament are you using? I've had warping/plate adhesion issues before and I found that it's because the lower layers were being cooled too quickly. What I then did was set it so the fan doesn't come on until about layer 5.

I'm using PLA. I think cooling might be a large part of it. Also, do you know how to increase the adhesion of overhang supports to the actual model? The first time I printed my ODST chest piece, the supports fell right off of it. (They were printed off of 70~80 degree angles.) Increasing the adhesion of supports to their bases would make printing larger pieces a lot easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back