I Need Tips On Pepping Helmets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

City Static

Jr Member
Okay, I'm not new to pepping things. I've pepped a lot of armor parts, like gauntlets (my favorite), shoulder pieces, chest, etc.

I thought I'd do something new, so I tried to pep an ODST helmet. I'm terrible at it. I actually rip pieces trying to bond other pieces. I've tried 2 times, and I failed each one.

I need help guys, a lot of help. I would post pictures of my failure, but I don't have a camera. :unsure

Anyway, can I get some tips please? :)

Hey man, you know me from the helmet thing, right? so you need some tips. Just because im a noob doesnt mean im new to this. Ive been pepping for over 2 months now and completed a good number of models. Here a couple of tips:

1: Cut out everything first, then pep otherwise youll mess up.

2: Take your time. Everyone's eager to finish.

3: Dont pep random pieces. Start from one piece and make your way around it.

4: Use super glue' not a hot glue gun because super glue lets you take your time and not rush. It bonds in 15-20 seconds.

5: If you mess up one piece, fix it. Dont think you'll fix it later. Fix it NOW!

6: Make the nombers on the tabs line up. If they don't, the whole area will be messed up.

Hope these tips help. Reply if you wish.

ALSO, where do you get the armor status picture of your suit. I cant fing it anywhere. Help

halo101 said:
Hey man, you know me from the helmet thing, right? so you need some tips. Just because im a noob doesnt mean im new to this. Ive been pepping for over 2 months now and completed a good number of models. Here a couple of tips:

1: Cut out everything first, then pep otherwise youll mess up.

2: Take your time. Everyone's eager to finish.

3: Dont pep random pieces. Start from one piece and make your way around it.

4: Use super glue' not a hot glue gun because super glue lets you take your time and not rush. It bonds in 15-20 seconds.

5: If you mess up one piece, fix it. Dont think you'll fix it later. Fix it NOW!

6: Make the nombers on the tabs line up. If they don't, the whole area will be messed up.

Hope these tips help. Reply if you wish.

ALSO, where do you get the armor status picture of your suit. I cant fing it anywhere. Help

Thanks. That's a very helpful post.

And about my armor status picture; are you talking about the blue faces? I got it here. I photoshoped the faces blue and added my name.

Last edited by a moderator:
City, if you check out the video forum, crackhead09 has a great tutorial showing his pepping process - it might help to watch it (if you haven't already).

In my experience, it really depends on which helmet you are doing. With FS's HD MKVI helmet and Vrogy's Marine helmet, I started at the top and worked my way down. With NZ-TK's ODST helmet, I started at the cheeks, worked around to the mouth, then forehead, then from front to back along the top. So again, it really depends on the helmet. Hope this adds to what halo101 said. He had some good advice as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back