I Quit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, sorry to hear that! I am really surprised more modelers don't charge for their stuff. Honestly, I think it would be totally fair to charge for models. I know that I would pay for the models I want most. Sorry to hear some stupid punk would screw things up like that for so many people. I am with Kasper, they deserve something nasty, although I am thinking along the lines of a million paper cuts then drop 'em in a vat of rubbing alcohol. That would do it for me! Same thing for recasters.

I'm sorry to hear this, people can, well, be stupid. Thank you for everything you have done for the comunity and we hope to continue to see your presence here. I personally know how it feels to have your work stolen from you, and it dose suck. And I 110% support your decision.

Sorry to hear about this Dung...So many people are only concerned with trying to get out there and be the best that they will do anything to get a leg up. I myself get very tired of people thinking they invented the wheel without looking around and crediting those who came first and did the groundwork. Maybe it will do this community some good to see files come to a halt and it may also force them to actually finish some things into actual wearable props. I think the ratio of completed pieces to fizzled half baked peps that never get finished is staggeringly lopsided.I know I am very grateful for the work you have shared.

Aw, I'm sorry to hear that. ):

If it's any consolation, remember I credited ya! Heck, I even credited on you on my newest video just for trying to mimick your Iron Man helmet edgeflow heheh. You're a great modeler, maybe we as a community can find a way around this? I know it sucks to have someone take your piece as their own, happens to me all the time on YouTube. Maybe some way to either put your files on lockdown or permanently affix something to the model that credits you?

Well, I'd also like to thank DungBettle while I have the chance because my WIP helmet is from his model. It's just unfortunate that there are unsignificant people out there.

Sorry to hear that man. You will be missed.

So are you just going to up and quit 3D modeling, or

are you just going to keep them for yourself? Because

I would pay to use some of your work

It sucks that this is happening, i can udnerstand how frustrated you must be when others claim your work as their own. I haven't been on here for long but have seen a few of your models and they are awesome. shame that people just can't do the right thing.

dung0beetle I agree what you are saying.

I wish to thank you again for making all the pep's

but manly thank you for the bttf2 hoverboard and making my childhood dream come true.

I know I will be using your iron man helmet for charity events

I can only hope that in the future when a iron man remake is in the Theaters/Cinerama that 3d model's are still making there models so child hood dream come true for my grand children.

I think I just found one, :(

this happened to Uhu02 his work is now still free on a under ground on a private server.

I'm sorry to see another modeler lock down his/her files again. Maybe if we ask hard enough, the moderators could find a separate server, one with password protection to keep their files.

But don't you all see!? The forum attacks, the misuse of pep files, the unexplained disappearances of members, the spies and weapons we recently seized, the transmissions we intercepted regarding alien life, the secret nuclear silos I found in my backyard, it's all a huge government conspiracy against the 405th! :eek

Sorry to hear about your files being taken dung beetle, I hope we reach a time where this will not be a problem.

It is a shame. We loose to many good members who offer their work to us this way. I don't get it at all. Too bad our models aren't the modelers own intellectual property. Then this would actually be illegal.

Squirtle117 said:
It is a shame. We loose to many good members who offer their work to us this way. I don't get it at all. Too bad our models aren't the modelers own intellectual property. Then this would actually be illegal.

I do know that under Australian copywrite law, as soon as Dungbeetle makes his files they are automatically copywrited under artist copwrite. No forms to fill out or anything. I technically, he would have a valid law suit. He would just have to say that while his model does resemble copywrited modles, the 3d models he creates are his own expression of how they should be

Last edited by a moderator:
It's sad to see you go. One of the reasons I wanted to model was because of you and other modelers great work.

On the issue of security, personally I have just learned that some .PDOs can be exported as .OBJs and then uploaded back into 3d editting software. This is a really cool ability but obviously it is open to being abused.

I've tested this with two different files from the Wiki (.3ds and .PDO) as well as my own files (.PDOs) and only the .PDO from the Wiki can be exported to .OBJ. I am trying to understand why this happens.

Understanding why some files can be exported and why some can not may help solve this problem. I am not sure what results I will get exporting to Illustrator but I can test that as well. (I'm not an Illustrator expert so it may take time)

Could it be the 3d software used to build the files? Anyone have any ideas?

Other than this I hope the moderators can follow the same actions they use on recasters.

It's sad to see Dungbeetle go but maybe if we can determine a way to punish the bad guys and protect the hard work of the artists. People like him will feel safe distributing thier work again.

What is the legal mumbo jumbo on selling Peps? Is it possible? What does everyone else think?

Perceptor said:
I do know that under Australian copywrite law, as soon as Dungbeetle makes his files they are automatically copywrited under artist copwrite. No forms to fill out or anything. I technically, he would have a valid law suit. He would just have to say that while his model does resemble copywrited modles, the 3d models he creates are his own exp​ression of how they should be

So if dungbeetle copies something, he's protected, but if someone copies dungbeetle's copy, they are in violation of the law? Sounds like a stupid law. Sources or it didn't happen.

AceHigh said:
So if dungbeetle copies something, he's protected, but if someone copies dungbeetle's copy, they are in violation of the law? Sounds like a stupid law. Sources or it didn't happen.

Well, technically if Dungbeetle charges for, say Iron Man helmet files, then he is supposed to be paying "likeness" royalty to Marvel, and even that is if he never calls it "Iron Man". =/

Not the point though, he's been making these files to help people make a costume. Why try to take a man's work and call it your own? DX

Man this sucks.

My suggestion would be to, everytime you spot a re-poster of your model and he takes credit for it, contact a moderator to sort things out so everyone knows its your for sure, then IP - ban that member without even pre-warning the member. No mercy for the banhammer!

I wouldnt doubt that for a second if I ran the forums, because we are dependent of our great modelers.

Kind Regards,

/Tahu

Tahu said:
Man this sucks.

My suggestion would be to, everytime you spot a re-poster of your model and he takes credit for it, contact a moderator to sort things out so everyone knows its your for sure, then IP - ban that member without even pre-warning the member. No mercy for the banhammer!

I wouldnt doubt that for a second if I ran the forums, because we are dependent of our great modelers.

Kind Regards,

/Tahu

Great point!

Although there are scratch builders here, majority of people are using pepakura files. If all the modelers get scared off, what's left? =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back