I would like an opinion on my helm

Status
Not open for further replies.

broodyguitarguy

20150821_135817.jpgso the one on the right is my old on re and it fits rather snug.... did I size my new o e too big? I measured my head ear to ear and added 1/4in to each side for a total of half an inch extra total space. Did I mess up?

To be honest. Yes. I would go back and recheck the measurements to see where it went wrong. Or you could finish the helmet and see if you'd like it to be that big, mine is a little oversized but has enough pad in it that my head fits fine.

To be honest. Yes. I would go back and recheck the measurements to see where it went wrong. Or you could finish the helmet and see if you'd like it to be that big, mine is a little oversized but has enough pad in it that my head fits fine.
So if you would consider this please.... the old helmet touches my ears to my head when I put it... so having that information and saying that the new helmet has I would say no more than 1/4 inch of room for each ear to go through..... would you say that the previous helmet was small for me and this one is more suited for my head?

- - - Updated - - -

Also concider that the new helm is a closer to the phone than the old one

Yes. The original helmet is too small if it is pressing your ears into the side of your head. I would say that if the new helmet is 1/4" wider on both sides it should alleviate the issue.

Also concider that the new helm is a closer to the phone than the old one

This would explain why the helmet looks super sized from the picture lol.

looking good on the build so far! but yeah you do want to make sure that you can put your helmet on with ease. chances are that you are going to do a lot of on and off motions with your helmet while in full gear and that is something you really don't want to struggle with

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back