Ideas For Undersuit Needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark3nd Av3ng3r

Okay I'm a total noobie and I need a bit of instruction. Care to help?

I need ideas for an undersuit for my MJOLNIR Armor, I was considering buying a black BMX Suit

and just using that as an undersuit but if anyone has any other cheaper ideas

for a black undersuit that would be affordable for a 15 year old I'm open

to suggestions.

Just one other question that I didn't want to make a post for since it's not overly important

but,... Once I've hardened the card paper with fiberglass resin, how sturdy is it because I'm worried that if I use the

butt plate it will crack or break even if its hardened so I'm curious.

Please respond to a fellow craftsman (craftsteen?) in need.

for the under armor you should get some black sweat pants and a sweatshirt. Or if you wanna get all fancy you can get a motorcycle undersuit.

Oh, and about the card paper i dont know, i have never made an armor.

still a noob. LOL

i'm planning on using a black jumpsuit, then attaching the armor pieces with little side release buckles and webbing straps. but that's just what i came up with, there probably is a better way.

are you going to fibreglass, like pepakura? cardstock (thicker/heavier paper) after resining is still kind of bendy, not a lot, but less than just the paper alone. it shouldn't break apart, i don't think, since the resin would crack first and the paper would have to rip. it could crack, fibreglass 'could' crack too. but i'm no expert. good luck!

Just buy some underarmor. It's tight, so it won't be bulging out of your armor, and it's also pretty cheap. You can pick some up at wal-mart for a pretty good price.

And it you're worried about your armor cracking, just put an extra layer of fiberglass on the inside.

You could make a custom one like Blue Realm did, which came out absolutely beautiful. Or you could just use a cheap black sweatsuit.

yeah I agree with potshot, the underarmor would make a perfect undersuit for the less funded individuals like myself, just add more fiberglass, and if you have trouble keeping the armor to stay on your body with a thinner undersuit, use webbing and strapping, as well as add padding so it fits and gives you movement, but stays on and doesn't rotate to odd angles during movement.

not just fiberglass guys.

The stuff that makes fiberglass so tough (automotive/boat repair) is the fiberglass matt and cloth used(on the inside of our armors) with the resin - the resin alone is pretty sturdy but is "glass like" meaning a small thin layer will easily crack and break when applied with pressure. (your butt) since the only other thing holding it together is Paper and some sort of glue/rubber cement- it wouldn't last long with just fiberglass resin on it.

Get some matting, or cloth, either will work depending how much room you have (one is very thick compared to the other) and follow the instructions - dab a bit on the armor, then put a small pre-cut cloth into it, then dab more onto the cloth so it is fully wet but not dripping.

This hold will be rock solid. as for sitting on - you'll prolly hurt your bum, so add some foamy spongey material between your rump and the rump of the armor. Craft foam (2mm thick) is enough to keep the sharp edges out of your bum, but I would suggest blue camp foam or some non-feather fluffy pillow stuffin in ziplock bags or something for the main comfort zone.

Remember fiberglass is very dangerous when sanded (wear a respirator) as well as having sharp edges is possible, and if a splinter cuts into you - it could be dangerous as well. (fiberglass in your bloodstream is a BAD idea.) so sand edges smooth and cover EVERYTHING.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back