Im Leaving The Fourms...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just throwing it out there, but.

1) Why is this forum Family friendly? It's a fan site for a rated M game!

2) I don't cuss to sound cool, I cuss to add strenth to some points that will fall on death ears otherwise.

I never understood the hatred for cussing. They're just words. Tools used to make thoughts. Nothing else.

xalener said:
Just throwing it out there, but.

2) I don't cuss to sound cool, I cuss to add strenth to some points that will fall on deaf ears otherwise.

I never understood the hatred for cussing. They're just words. Tools used to make thoughts. Nothing else.
It may be, but we have to maintain a professional atmosphere, like what if Bungie or Microsoft suddenly came over to make us official, and they saw a bunch of members just cussing all over the place?

Last edited by a moderator:
Adding to the pit of ...discussions. I honestly didn't really notice you as a member that stood out from the crowd, I looked at your topics and noticed that I've read/posted in em, but I've never seen your progress thread before, and you know, you actually did a great job on the armor, sure theres some room for improvement, but its not as horrible as you might think. I think this might have been a cry for attention as well, but like I said, you have good armor, more work on it would make it better. Patience, time (and money) makes armor.

And another thing. I hate and have always hated the word "cuss"

RadioaciveMicrobe said:
It may be, but we have to maintain a professional atmosphere, like what if Bungie or Microsoft suddenly came over to make us official, and they saw a bunch of members just cussing all over the place?

That's actually a really good point. Now I feel like poo.

Kay, goodbye now! Seriously, dont make a thread to whine about stuff. And if people who just joined already have more stuff, that just means you try harder

Spartan 061 said:
Kay, goodbye now! Seriously, dont make a thread to whine about stuff. And if people who just joined already have more stuff, that just means you try harder
Adding to that and everything else--I don't see why anyone would randomly hate you. We can be spiteful at times, but not THAT spiteful. Although if you make a helmet that looks nothing like MC and its made of cardboard, then the 405th's true colors shine lol.

K I'm done dragging the corpse out of this thread.

you're not popular because you just haven't spark the flames on the candle. do you know what i mean. if you don't try hard then you'll never get anywhere. like Naruto says " I'll never give up, even if i die". just don't give up there still hope that many of use will some day be Mods or Popular. so it's your choice. oh and your not notice because you probably don't post a lot. give yourself another chance. lots of people here are under 14.

Dont let this thread get out of hand (i'm speakin to everyone) just because most of the Mods and Admins are busy right now at D*Con, doesn't mean you should flame or argue ot talk down to someone. Follow the rules.

@damasterchief: I'm sorry you feel the way that you do, hopefully down the road you change your mind and come back. Oh, and do what makes you happy, not what you want others to think of you ;) Good luck.

damasterchief said:
im leaving the fourms no one could care less abought me if i didnt post this no one would probably notice that im gone. well i have some pretty good reasons to leave
1: no one cares abought me

2:some people that have been a member less than me have more popularity

3:i create a progress thread and it barely gets any posts...

4:when i cuss the mods get all over me some one else cusses it slides

5:im hated around here

6:some times i get bad messages from members saying my armour sucks etc...

those are my reasons

you might see me on just checkign things out im going to finish my helm and ill post prictures of that

but other than that adios...

Seriously? Not to be mean but thats pathetic. Your leaving because of that? I posted ONE progress thread so far, which got locked( Yes i know it was my fault) and you leave cuz no one posted in yours? If someone thinks your armor doesnt look good, screw them! Does it matter what it looks like as long as you do what you love doing? People like that need to be reminded what the 405th stands for: ARMOR, HONOR, UNITY. Remember it, live by it.

-Peace.
N00bcrusha, the almighty crusha of n00bs

I have been mulling over what my reply to this thread would be for a while now. I think that many others have covered most of the salient points, so I will instead offer a pearl of wisdom that is the product of a night of insomnia and an insanely busy work schedule. Alcohol may have been a factor, too, I just don't remember too much. BlacRoseImmortal used it in a thread and I offer the advice here for everyone.
People, let's face the facts. You have joined up with the premier Halo costuming and prop community in the world. In all likelihood, the 405th is going to become a costuming club on the order of the 501st. The people here have done some amazing things and have devoted large amounts of time, money, and energy into producing this stuff. For some, this hobby occupies a LARGE portion of their time. These are consummate professionals. They have high standards for themselves and hold those around them to equally high standards. If you do not like this or can not deal with this, LEAVE!

The core values of the 405th offer excellent guidance. Bravo Zulu to Adam and the moderating team for developing these. They are simple: Honor, Armor, Unity.

Honor: It is not by mere chance that honor is first. Among this group integrity, trustworthiness, and respect are among the most important things. Respect others, and you will be respected. Everyone's work has value, respect that. It may not be the equal of the best armor here, but it is the creator's best effort. Do not diminish this. Offer polite, constructive criticism. Otherwise keep you mouth shut.

Armor: This site is devoted primarily to armor and Halo armor in particular. Props and costuming are important, but remember this, the armor is what separates the Chief from every other UNSC rank and file. Halo costuming is foremost here, but any sci-fi armor/costuming has a place. The craft is enriched by input from outside the direct genre. With this in mind, keep your topics and posts in line with this as much as possible. This is a community, and discussions outside of the genre will invariably crop up, but remember: it's all about the armor.

Unity: We are a team, a community. As the 405th moves into the public stage, we will prosper or fail as a team. Stand with your fellow costumer. This connects with the Honor part. Respect the work of your fellow creators, offer encouragement when possible, criticism when appropriate, and humor as needed. This community is becoming pretty close knit. As you enter it, realize that you will be judged not by the quality of your armor, but by the quality of your character. [emphasis added]

You'll be back... i should know ;) i tried to take a vacation, ended up coming back after 4 days:lol:

1)like Xalener said
Xalener said:

2) Im not known well either, its because we havent done anything Spectacular or Amazing yet

3) im an abid RCist and one of my build threads only has 32 posts (most of which are mine) and 1,082 views. it just makes me feel good that people look even if they dont post. most of my threads die at 50 posts anyway.

4) Cussing is taken in to account no matter if the mods say anything or not

5) Hated? no... Who hates you?? if its the Jerks leaving you bad PMs ignore the *Ehem* Etiquette Challenged and continue just lurking

6) Dude, bad messages should be reported and ignored

if you still want to leave, the doors open and no ones trying to stop you. Good bye

Cheers,
-John-

damaster - if you really want to see a thread that died a quick horrible death with very few posts, check my armor thread. I'm know around here (in a good way I hope) because I post in threads, share my thoughts, and answer questions. I don't look for attention. It finds me - kinda like a piece of luggage you wish you could lose - it just keeps coming back. Make your posts relevant to the thread, show progress on your armor/weapon, and report flame PMs to the mods. I checked and I have posted in your threads. Positively I might add. The decision is yours to make but if you leave, you will be back. Don't take it all so personally.

Spartan 061 said:
Also dude, youre 13. Dont cuss. It makes you look, well, unintelligent.

In reality this is a stupid comment in a lame attempt to get my post count up. But here goes nothing.

*ahem*... So true.

o_O I have had projects that have blown up in my face. I just post my success' on the forums. So what if you're armour isn't perfect, that's what the 405th is here for.

Anyways, I think he won't be responding here anymore anyways but it's still good to see that some poeple ACTUALLY care if 1 person leaves.

hmm, I had just come to this post to say exactly what BR said... oh well at least I'm not bumping since it's already at the top, but really, this thread has had more attention and time then it deserves from us, wish it would be locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back