I'm new and thinking about a gungir helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoliceGirl09

Hi, I am very new at this I'm just not sure where to start. I do know what suit I want to do though. I am also thinking about attempting a gungir helmet. Anyone know where I should start? I've heard about the pepakura files, what exactly are those?

hmmm, the gungir helmet, sweet! i'm pretty new too, but i'll tell u what i know, first, go and download the pepakura designer software, u're definatly gonna need it, unless of course u're making your armor out of molds, but anyway, after that, u're gonna wanna find the gungir helmet pdo file, i haven't seen one yet but i know that there probably is one out there somewhere, a good place to look for it would be the forums, after that, u're gonna wanna scale the helmet to your head size, i'm not quite sure how to do that but i'm sure it doesn't take much work to scale a helmet. after that u're gonna wanna print it out (Cardstock works best), cut it out, glue it together, resin it, fiberglass the inside (Or if u want u could rondo it). after that u're gonna wanna sand it, detale it, primer it and spray paint it. don't forget to pad the inside. also, u're gonna wanna vacform the visor piece with some plastic. to increase the awesome factor u could add lights. good luck bro, hope it turns out great, welcome to the 405th :)

Monkey0953;bt2705 said:
hmmm, the gungir helmet, sweet! i'm pretty new too, but i'll tell u what i know, first, go and download the pepakura designer software, u're definatly gonna need it, unless of course u're making your armor out of molds, but anyway, after that, u're gonna wanna find the gungir helmet pdo file, i haven't seen one yet but i know that there probably is one out there somewhere, a good place to look for it would be the forums, after that, u're gonna wanna scale the helmet to your head size, i'm not quite sure how to do that but i'm sure it doesn't take much work to scale a helmet. after that u're gonna wanna print it out (Cardstock works best), cut it out, glue it together, resin it, fiberglass the inside (Or if u want u could rondo it). after that u're gonna wanna sand it, detale it, primer it and spray paint it. don't forget to pad the inside. also, u're gonna wanna vacform the visor piece with some plastic. to increase the awesome factor u could add lights. good luck bro, hope it turns out great, welcome to the 405th :)
oops, srry i called u bro, i didn't look at the username, but anyway, hope it turns out great, can't wait to see it when it's done, i'm sure it'll look great

Monkey0953;bt2705 said:

thanks that really does help a lot :D got a few questions though. What you mean resin it? and this might sound stupid but why do I have to bondo or fiberglass the inside? to make it sturdy? thanks again

u're welcome. and it's ok, u don't sound stupid asking those questions, infact, i didn't know what half the stuff even was, Aqua resin is kind of like polyurathane resin, it's a chemical that u mix with a hardener and then u brush the helmet with it, inside and out, that makes it more sturdy, more firm. the reason y u bondo or fiberglass the inside is partially to harden it, and partially to give it added thickmess and a less likely chance for it to break when detaling it with a dremel tool, hope your helmet turns out awesome, can't wait for u to post picks, i think u're the first person i've seen that chose to make the gungir helmet, hope u also have a very Merry Christmas, and good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back