I'm not usually an easter egg hunter, but I think I found one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PapaBraus

I submit that I was inebriated when I saw this last night.

I submit I was also pretty tired.

I did some digging today and have come up with a fairly solid conclusion. Spartan armor is made out of EVA foam. Not the good kind, but the kind you get at Harbor Freight.

I know, I know. It sounds crazy, but I have evidence.

Last night I got blown up and the camera shoved me into my armor, and what did I see? I saw EVA foam. I freaked out and my wife looked at me like I'm an idiot because I got all excited and confused at the same time. I went to my pile of scraps to make sure I wasn't losing it over nothing.

1578864602759.png

Braus, this doesn't prove ANYTHING. You didn't take pictures or anything.

I know, I know. @lobbster told me about the theater mode, which I did not know existed. Kid just went to the roller rink so i pulled up a recent match and pulled myself into the armor.

1578864737743.png

Braus, that proves nothing. It's just the inside of the armor.

Yeah yeah, get out of here with your reality and check mine out. It's way more fun over here. Why would they make the inside of the armor textured. Why would they dedicate resources to something nobody is ever gonna see. I can do some 3d modeling, and this is a spot that could have done without anything. Master Chiefs leg in the photo is see through, no texture on the back. Why add this little chunk?

It is in my opinion, which doesn't really mean much, that this is a shoutout to the 405th. And yes, I'm probably grasping at straws here. Don't judge too harshly.

What say you? Is this is a slight nod to the 405th, or am I crazy?

It's because it's prop armor bud! I need someone from bungie or 343 to confirm this.
Sadly I do not think this is a nod to foam, but I think it is more of a cushion to shape over the leg and act as a buffer made of woven strands of fabric. If I am not wrong this is on all armor peices and the texture may even change between arnkrsets and helmets(the reson I say this is I thought it was a checkerboard pattern but I may be wrong). Halo 5 has some really cool easter eggs, and I hope infinite will give the 405th their fare share!

Sadly I do not think this is a nod to foam, but I think it is more of a cushion to shape over the leg and act as a buffer made of woven strands of fabric. If I am not wrong this is on all armor peices and the texture may even change between arnkrsets and helmets(the reson I say this is I thought it was a checkerboard pattern but I may be wrong). Halo 5 has some really cool easter eggs, and I hope infinite will give the 405th their fare share!

I'm gonna hit up 343 tomorrow and see if I am chasing shadows or actually seeing something here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back