i'm scared

Status
Not open for further replies.

WinchesterX1000

ok i know there are already a lot of threads on this, but i'm really scared as i've been doing a mkVI helmet for a while but i've been using the resin outside, and i'm not sure whether that was insufficient at preventing me from serious harm.
guys, am i going to die? (100% serious i'm really worried)

Oh geez, resin will not be of harm to you unless you're not wearing proper protection, as long as you're wearing gloves and a respirator mask for resin and bondo work you're fine, but if not you might end up like I did after 3 years of not using a mask on myself I ended up in a hospital with both lungs damaged, now I wear a mask and other protective clothing.

Always wear a proper respirator whenever you're working with resin and bondo. Make sure you see Ben Streepers guide over in the video section as he gives you a good safety brief. That being said...you were outside. With the plenty of airflow outside you should be fine. Your lungs may feel a bit funky but one exposure like that isn't enough to do any real permanent damage, much less lead to a fatal end (minus a freak allergic reaction). Get some fresh air and next time wear a mask!

i've been using latex gloves but no respirator, outside, in my garden.
were you working inside when you developed lung problems? are they permanent? will i develop lung problems? how long before i get them? help me...

If it makes you feel better I just resin'ed and rondo'ed a full mark VI helmet on my front porch with a breeze and no respirator. To be honest there was so much ventilation out there I couldn't even smell the fumes. That being said...I'm a bad example to follow. Do as I say and not as I do!
Are you coughing or does your breathing feel tight? Remember that you can think yourself into symptoms if you freak out too much.

You'll be fine dude, relax. It would take a really long time for any damage to start. Just wear a respirator and stay outside when you work.

Don't worry;) As long as you are outside you will be fine:D! But use a respirator anyways. If you have ever seen the people who assemble the apache helicopters, you will see that the coat the inside with rezin. And they don't wear respirators. You will be fine:) Just remember to use a respirator next time;) I made 3 helmets without a veperator and I havent gotten any (no signs yetXD) damange. You are not going to die;) You are lucky that you did it outside without a respirator:p

thanks everyone so much, that's a huge relief too hear that. i've been worrying all evening. i guess now i can finish my helmet (i'm well past the resining stage and just sanding off the last of the bondo, all that's left is to paint it and vac-form my visor and add the padding, i'll get some pictures up, and show you what the fuss is all about. haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back