Infected Marine Flood! (Pic Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I get it. I've been working so much, I haven't had a lot of time to reply to threads (I'm locked out of 405th at work).

Doens't mean I don't read all these threads on my iphone.

:)

Ok i am having a bit of trouble with this one. I have been able to pep the majority of this character, however, there are a few unknown armor pieces that just dont seem to exist in the Halo costuming wiki index!

Does anyone know what these parts are and where to find a pep file of them?

mcf18260fa.jpg

mcf18260fb.jpg

Yeah, i assumed that was a backpack, although it looks like it could be pepped :)

The other armor doesnt fit with any pep file i've seen in the Halo Costuming index however

95% of it is all pep files available on the wiki.....the butt pad looks like a variant of the WETA ODST pepakura and the arm pouch is not on all game characters as i have screen caps from the game and some have it and some dont so i wouldnt be too worried about that for supreme accuracy. As long as you have the main armor that is on the wiki i thank you'll have an amazing start....

Lol, i dont quite think it's 95%, i cant find that back piece at all, or the thigh pieces, that exact shoulder piece, or the few things on the back. But hell if you have them already and your doing those vac forms then beauty! I'll see if i can make a wrist pouch sculpture and just make it all nifty looking and attach a strap to it. i like it too much :)

Looks like the sculptor took some artistic license with the marine armor- IMO that is unimportant anyhow. Use that model as inspiration for your piece. You are the artist and now it's your turn to define the flood form. Truthfully this costume will be more about the creep factor of the infection than the armor. This is your chance to shine as a creator and an artist in your sculpting abilities more than your pepping abilities. I'd bet that even the members of the 405th would hardly even notice the armor if you can realistically pull off the head and infection body.

PS: please add some servos to this project- I know that nobody here is made of money but I'd love to see the flowery things on the front moving around on their own and the head twitching helplessly. I'm following this very closely, and I'm really geeking out over the possibilities here.

Ghost147 said:
Ok i am having a bit of trouble with this one. I have been able to pep the majority of this character, however, there are a few unknown armor pieces that just dont seem to exist in the Halo costuming wiki index!

thigs are soft armor- drop leg pouches

wrist is soft armor-pouch

butt piece is soft armor- a fanny pack

rest is in the pdos, just broken up and smooshed out by the floodiness.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know not many (if any would notice) but i have this dire need to make sure it's there! it's virtually an OCD thing! I cannot complete this until that damn 4 inch by 2 inch pouch is there damnit! :D

I would love to put servos in there but i have no idea how to do it at all unfortunately. if you have a good place for tutorials i could take a look see.

Also I did a lot of research on the flood and it explains how the infection moves aside the head of the host to get those tentacle bits (which are sensors) out. So that head is really dead and rotting. I wouldnt mind putting a few twitches in there though, lips and cheek stuff mainly. I dont want to do anything with the eye lids, too thin and complicated for my taste.

Ghost147 said:

mcf18260fa.jpg

mcf18260fb.jpg

well the back part ur woundering about is the actual backpack for the marines but its partialy covered but the flood

the shoulder is the shoulder file except if you would take the two sides of the shoulder and complete them down its hard to explain it when i need to show u,but here goes if you take the two side pannels on it and made it fold outwards i guess is what im trying to say

and the thigs i would ask adam what he done with his?

ah i found a good resource... the halo costuming wiki :D!

they say...

The belt and its pads are simple- a military surplus belt of proper width and color should suffice. Pouches are frequently seen on either side of the buckle in front, and the pads underneath the front and back can be sewn from nylon or canvas. Add belt loops, and it's simple.

The drop-leg plates are an actual military item as well, and are available for around 20-25 USD each, or they as well could be fashioned cheaply from canvas, thick foam, and strapping.

Ghost147 here are the progress pics of the marine armor i am doing.....this is just the start mind you.....give 3 good days of bondo and sanding and you wont even recognise these...

gallery_6031_1786_167769.jpg

gallery_6031_1786_43337.jpg

gallery_6031_1786_146075.jpg

gallery_6031_1786_129051.jpg

gallery_6031_1786_114795.jpg

Thats it fornow....willpost more when i get more work done......way too many projects on the go....got to slow down...LOL

Fantastic! what kind of expanding foam did you use?

Also, are you making any helmets as well?

And lastly!!!!! When (i cant remember) do you expect pulls to be coming out? mid december?

HAHA, i have a lot of projects i'm working on too, too excited, cant stop now!

Ghost147 said:
Fantastic! what kind of expanding foam did you use?

The stuff you use to fill air gaps in windows....Home Depot $7.00 a can :D

Ghost147 said:
Also, are you making any helmets as well?

Yes....gonna try and do it in 2 parts that are put together with the seam running down the middle.

Ghost147 said:
And lastly!!!!! When (i cant remember) do you expect pulls to be coming out? mid december?

i am shooting for mid december at the latest early january

Hirgon said:
The stuff you use to fill air gaps in windows....Home Depot $7.00 a can :D

Yes....gonna try and do it in 2 parts that are put together with the seam running down the middle.

i am shooting for mid december at the latest early january

lol, i meant what specific product? if it's Great Stuff then my can is having erection problems...

Ah using ye ol' Adam tutorial eh?

Perfect! i might have to pick it up early january anyway. i'm out of the country on the 18th-1st

To keep you all updated, i'll be doing a lifecast of the head (Hopefully) before i leave for a few weeks in December (18th). I'll see if my father is willing to do it so i dont have to bother with the bald cap because he already fits the requirements ;)

My laptop died, and while I was able to retrieve all my reference pictures and the like, I have not transferred them yet to my computer. I'll just give you a text description of what the pieces you had in question were, and dig up ref pics tomorrow to show you examples from the game.

mcf18260fa.jpg

1. The standard Marine shoulder piece. However, it has been split up and broken along the seams by the flood tissue behind it.

http://halocostuming.wikia.com/inde...ww.vrogy.net/pepa/h3marine_vrogy_shoulder.pdo

2. Standard Marine bicep piece, in the same pep file as the shoulder

http://halocostuming.wikia.com/inde...ww.vrogy.net/pepa/h3marine_vrogy_shoulder.pdo

3. Standard marine thigh rigs, the consensus is that these are not armor panel, but soft goods. They appear to be very similar to the current MOLLE thigh rigs. If I remember correctly, Spase did use military surplus MOLLE thigh rigs on his Marine.

4. Ammo pouch seen mounted on top of several Marines gloves.

mcf18260fb.jpg

1. The "Shoulder strap" armor that is a part of the backplate, simply separated from the rest of the back plate by the flood tissue.

http://halocostuming.wikia.com/inde...//www.vrogy.net/pepa/h3marine_vrogy_chest.pdo

2. The center and lower sections that wrap around to connect to the front, from the standard backplate, the upper left and right portions are simply covered by flood tissue.

http://halocostuming.wikia.com/inde...//www.vrogy.net/pepa/h3marine_vrogy_chest.pdo

3. Thigh rigs again.

4. Soft goods pouch, so, no real pep files for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back