Interest Thread: Pacific Regiment Armor Party

Status
Not open for further replies.

HotPockets

Member DIN
S526
Hey There,

I've been around the forums for a long time, I think going back to 2014. I've never really been active, just a lurker. I started my tenure in the Southern Regiment, but moved to Washington State just as the "before times" were ending, and Corona was taking hold of the world.

As things return to whatever our new normal is going to be, It's occurred to me that I don't know many of my Pacific Regiment cohorts. To help combat this, and also to help out the community I wanted to see if there was interest in an armor party local to the Seattle-Tacoma area. I've been chatting with PerniciousDuke and here is the general idea

We will vote on one of several Halo Infinite helmet designs. The one with the most votes/interest will be the winner for the armor party. We will then purchase the STL to print the helmet. Once printed and molded the helmet will be what we cast during the armor party. This helmet is not something we will sell or profit off of, just something to make for those who want to attend the party.

Currently we are evaluating the timeline to make this happen. It could be this summer, but with several Con's on the horizon it may roll into the fall. There will also be a nominal materials/food fee for attending. This will cover the costs of casting your helmet and food, and ensure that attendees are committed to attending, as printing the model and producing the mold have some costs associated with them.

We are looking forward to hearing from you! Let us know if you are interested in attending. Which helmet you love from Halo infinite, and any suggestions you may have to help make this a success.

Thanks,
Joshua (HotPockets)

I'm down, keep me informed as things develop!
We will do our best to post updates in multiple places, but you can also follow this thread to receive updates. Just click the Watch button at the top right of the page.

TurboCharizard - you thinking like instead of a day at ECCC doing this (like Friday) ? Or like staying a day longer (like a Monday)?

We will do our best to post updates in multiple places, but you can also follow this thread to receive updates. Just click the Watch button at the top right of the page.

TurboCharizard - you thinking like instead of a day at ECCC doing this (like Friday) ? Or like staying a day longer (like a Monday)?
We won't be able to stay later due to Rock Lobbster needing to catch a return flight home on the opposite side of the border but a day pause at the con might be a thing. Options are available.

ECCC May be achievable, there is a big "BUT" in there. We are selling our current house in the Aug time frame, so it may be super hectic around that time.

time to see if I can reschedule flights...
At this point Lobb, I wouldn't make any changes. If we were to do something for ECCC we'd probably do Friday as it would be the least impact on everyone's schedule. But we're still in the planning phase.

Obviously when is a big question, but we'll have to just work through that as we gain interest.

The biggest question right now is what item would we want to make, for those possibly interested in attending...? The timeline all depends on Hotpockets finishing this so the sooner we can tell him what we want to do the sooner we can figure out when.

I'd like it to be from Infinite since it is new and fun and few of us have Infinite things. We also have to consider Hotpocket's time. He'll be the one creating the master and we don't want it to be too challenging to finish or to mold. That leads us to best options being helmets.

Here are three helmet options Hotpockets has proposed and one I added. Let us know which one you're interested in or if you have another suggestion altogether that we can add. And in case there was any concern... I believe cat ears will be an option for all of them. :)

VOTING CLOSED
HINF_CAVALLINO_Helmet_Icon.png
Cavallino
Votes: 2
HINF_ISR_Helmet_Icon.png
ISR
Votes: 3
HINF_MKVII_Helmet_Icon.png
MK VII
Votes: 1
HINF_ANUBIS_Helmet_Icon.png
Anubis
Votes: 6
HINF_SOLDIER_Helmet_Icon.png
Soldier
300px-HINF_FIREFALL_Helmet_Icon.png
Firefall
If there's more than a 10% chance you'd come then please vote. :)
Just reply with which helmet you want, let's say each person get's two votes.

Last edited:
I *might* be able to volunteer another place to do casting, but it would be a thing. We'll keep it as a possible 'plan z'

My vote would be cavallino with Mk VII as second.

I would also dig firefall but I don't want to add a ton of options to the pool.

Side note I would be down to help with molding and casting as well. I have some casting experience I just haven't done something as big as a helmet.

Just to add to the craziness..... any chance we can do a visor party too? I'm printing my visor buck now, but I don't have a vac table, and I don't really know what I doing on that front.

Just to add to the craziness..... any chance we can do a visor party too? I'm printing my visor buck now, but I don't have a vac table, and I don't really know what I doing on that front.
Between SubXzeroXhero and myself I bet we'll be able to have 1 or 2 vacuum formers available. If we're all making the same helmet we'll likely all want visors.

If you're making your own visor and haven't actually started printing then DM me and I can give you some pointers.

I love helmets, and I absolutely want to do the Anubis. I will definitely go! Can we make an official poll on the post? It may be easier than a manual tally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back