Interspecies Relations in the Halo universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteelWolf

The Halo universe consists of many species. Humans, Sangheili, Jiralhanae, Yanme'e, Unngoy, Lekgolo, Huragok, Kigyar, Forerunners, Yonhet(to name the contemporary ones). With the war between the Flood(warped Precursors) and the other sentient species, which as a result lead to the Forerunner-Human War, and later events like the Human-Covenant War.. it's understandable that animosity exists between the respective species in the Halo universe in general terms. But I've wondered, if Humanity can make peace with the Sangheili among others, could interspecies relations occur. They wouldn't be able to produce offspring of course, but that doesn't mean that they couldn't happen. If you look at groups aligned with eachother, ie the UNSC/UEG, Colonial Administration & the Swords of Sangheilios.. or the Banished and some of the Insurrectionist groups, then I think it's a possibility. Working together in cooperation like that might create a atmosphere where members of a different species bond with one another, and even develop feelings for eachother. This would likely create some interesting political situations between the respective species, but such occurrences couldn't be denied. And depending on the factions, they might even promote such relationships. If for no other reason than to be used as propaganda of Unity between the former enemies in this time of tension post War..

The Halo universe consists of many species. Humans, Sangheili, Jiralhanae, Yanme'e, Unngoy, Lekgolo, Huragok, Kigyar, Forerunners, Yonhet(to name the contemporary ones). With the war between the Flood(warped Precursors) and the other sentient species, which as a result lead to the Forerunner-Human War, and later events like the Human-Covenant War.. it's understandable that animosity exists between the respective species in the Halo universe in general terms. But I've wondered, if Humanity can make peace with the Sangheili among others, could interspecies relations occur. They wouldn't be able to produce offspring of course, but that doesn't mean that they couldn't happen. If you look at groups aligned with eachother, ie the UNSC/UEG, Colonial Administration & the Swords of Sangheilios.. or the Banished and some of the Insurrectionist groups, then I think it's a possibility. Working together in cooperation like that might create a atmosphere where members of a different species bond with one another, and even develop feelings for eachother. This would likely create some interesting political situations between the respective species, but such occurrences couldn't be denied. And depending on the factions, they might even promote such relationships. If for no other reason than to be used as propaganda of Unity between the former enemies in this time of tension post War..
This is an interesting topic, but I feel like this could get very political with today's interactions. That being said, I am not sure sangheli would work because of their hierarchy and honor system, but you never know.

I also wouldn't mind being in a symbiotic relationship with an infection form... may the mind embrace me!!

This is an interesting topic, but I feel like this could get very political with today's interactions. That being said, I am not sure sangheli would work because of their hierarchy and honor system, but you never know.

I also wouldn't mind being in a symbiotic relationship with an infection form... may the mind embrace me!!
I'm a fan of female Jiralhanae myself. But you do make a good point on the Sangheili. It would be dishonorable not to have children. However there are those Sangheili who are less strict, such as the mercenaries who worked with ONI. Such individuals would have less inhibitions towards such things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back