Introduce Yourself - The Sequel!

FANGS

Commanding Officer
Community Staff
Division Staff
Hello All! Our former Introduce Yourself thread has grown to a massive 421 pages so it is time to lock that one down and start fresh!

First of all - welcome to all of our new family! We want to know all about you, but let's start with these few questions!

First Name:
Profession? Student?:
Favorite part of Halo:
Favorite Halo:
Favorite Video Game:
Other Interests:
Favorite Food:
Favorite Band:
Favorite Movie(s):
What do you hope to learn here?:
Have you built/made a costume before?:
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?:
Other:

I was the last person to post in the old introduction channel, might as well be the first for the new one. Why not?

First Name: Shane, but you can call me Luka
Profession? Student?: Student, but not for much longer. I'm a computer programmer, currently job hunting
Favorite Hobby: Backpacking
Favorite part of Halo: Any time I get to blow up a massive Covie ship
Favorite Halo: ODST (which is kinda surprising, since I don't get to blow up any massive Covie ships...)
Favorite Video Game: Kerbal Space Program (more explosions of spaceships!)
Other Interests: Food, Cooking, Camping, Climbing, Hiking, Archery, Destiny 2, Reading, Sailing.... I like having an adventurous life
Favorite Food: Cheeseburgers
Favorite Band: Why's it gotta be just one? I love music.
Favorite Movie(s): Meh? Not much of a movie buff.
What do you hope to learn here?: 3D printing, finishing, painting, and we'll see what else catches my eyes
Have you built/made a costume before?: Sure, but nothing on the level I routinely see here.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Nope, though I keep looking at 501st
Other: Other is for you to find out, ask questions if you dare!

Man it's been a minute since I've been on forums but let's DO THIS. *cracks knuckles*

First Name: Tyler
Profession?: Aircraft Fuel Systems Technician Supervisor for the USAF
Favorite Hobby: Definitely have the most fun with fellow costumers. Everyone tends to be themselves and allow me to do the same.

Favorite part of Halo: The memories.

Favorite Halo: Halo 3

Favorite Video Game: StarFox 64

Other Interests: Cars, Percussion

Favorite Food: Chicken wings. Hands down. Buffalo style. Lots of sauce. Get lost in the sauce.

Favorite Band: I listen to such a variety that's tough to pin down.

Favorite Movie(s): Star Wars and a huge list surely no one will read right?

What do you hope to learn here?: New techniques and a different way of doing business. I'm very interested in learning what does and doesn't work with Halo costuming and how my current kit and prop knowledge can be expounded upon.

Have you built/made a costume before?: *insert Dr. Who "OH YES" gif here*

Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: I am an 8 year member of the 501st Legion, TK-5492. I started with the Japanese Garrison before moving to the Georgia Garrison.

Other: I'll say basically what I said on FB: Like many of you, Halo has been a part of my life since day one with the OG Xbox and CE. I haven't branched out much from Star Wars costuming and props but finally at a place in life where I'm starting to do so. I've known about the 405th for years and recently reached out (quite by fortunate mistake) to an admin who turned out to be Angela Mash, the CO! She was immediately welcoming and very helpful and I feel really motivated to become a part of what appears to be another incredibly talented community. I have a lot more I feel like I could say and feel I have some good experience to bring to the table. For now, I'll leave it at that and I look forward to working with and hopefully doing events with many of you soon. It's humbling to see the quality and talent here so I can't wait to learn from you all and valuably contribute as well. Thanks!

First Name: Jon
Profession? Student?: Recently finished welding school and am about to start an apprenticeship in Colorado
Favorite Hobby: Video games, building things, and outdoors
Favorite part of Halo: Seeing different alien species
Favorite Halo: Tbh, really hard to decide but probably Halo 5
Favorite Video Game: LOVE the Mass Effect trilogy!
Other interests: Learning the mechanics of whatever I can, creating things
Favorite Food: Pasta
Favorite Band: Really depends, but as of right now I’ve been on a Colter Wall kick
Favorite Movie(s): Anything that has a good back story, LOTR, SW, movies of that nature
What do you hope to learn here?: How to get more involved with the community, and how to build costumes
Have you built/made a costume before?: No, always had an interest though
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: None yet
Other: Hoping to be able to grow more in the community, and when COVID allows it, to be able to get together with others in events and whatnot

Hello All! Our former Introduce Yourself thread has grown to a massive 421 pages so it is time to lock that one down and start fresh!

First of all - welcome to all of our new family! We want to know all about you, but let's start with these few questions!

First Name:
Profession? Student?:
Favorite part of Halo:
Favorite Halo:
Favorite Video Game:
Other Interests:
Favorite Food:
Favorite Band:
Favorite Movie(s):
What do you hope to learn here?:
Have you built/made a costume before?:
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?:
Other:
Ethan
Airplane Mekanik
Airsoft
“We got two sticks and a rock”
Halo 2
Titanfall ii
Flying airplanes
Free food
John Williams
Star Wars
Look at other EOD helmets
Yes i have
501st legion, mandalorian mercs

First Name: sam
Profession? Student?: I am a student but I have a couple jobs. Right now construction and retail department lead.
Favorite Hobby: motocross /scuba diving
Favorite part of Halo: cutscene portal at voi
Favorite Halo: halo 3 by far
Favorite Video Game:tie between h3 and Ace combat 5
Other Interests: fishing, camping, workng on a truck that seems like it will never run
Favorite Food: steak
Favorite Band: puddle of mudd/ shinedown
Favorite Movie(s):star wars
What do you hope to learn here?: general info, sense of community in cosplay (1st time)
Have you built/made a costume before?: nope
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?:no

I am going to attempt a full halo reach cosplay that is photo realistic to in-game as well as proportionally accurate and I will not stop until I achieve that goal. I do automotive body work and I have a new 3d printer so I'm ready. I know it's going to be a long journey but my goal is not flexibility or actual usefulness, I'm in it for the accuracy.

I've been a fan of halo cosplay as a kid but never looked into it till now so it has been a long time coming. I hope I can add a small collective value to this group and I'm excited to get started! I found this group by accident on face book and have been helped by many members of the community and I am very grateful for the help and encouragement they have already offered!

I will be posting on my progress on the project in the appropriate threads and I will add YouTube vlog updates once I start getting into it.

I don't usually write anything on forums, or social media for that matter. Here goes nothing hoping to make something!

First Name: Jordon (Often going by Spooky, or 3LeggedWolf as my username states)
Profession? Student?:
Currently a student going for my doctorate in Computer Science.
Favorite Hobby: Airsoft.
Favorite part of Halo: The way the Reach installment of the franchise seems to focus on the grimdark aspect of the UNSC with Spartans designed to fail, and being a part of one such team that does in many ways do that, but ultimately accomplishes what they set out to do, it feels like a twisted tale of irony
Favorite Halo: I do really enjoy Reach's multiplayer, but for story I thoroughly enjoyed 2 and for the aesthetic and vibe of it how could anyone leave out ODST?
Favorite Video Game: I don't strictly have one, in the last few years I've been caught up with work so much I tend to forget a lot of games, but remember fondly how they made me feel. Two games that come to mind about this are NieR:Automata, and Rise of the Tomb Raider. VR is also insane.
Other Interests: Computer science both baffles and intrigues me. Dungeons and Dragons is something I do, though not very often as there is a lot of planning and I don't typically have a lot of time on my hands. Video games are of course to be listed here, I suppose that goes without saying.
Favorite Food: Butter/Bacon-fried tortilla wraps.
Favorite Band: I don't think i listen to enough music to contribute here, Hippie Sabotage is always good for the vibe, and I can't often pass up Eminem.
Favorite Movie(s): The Thing (1982), Jurassic Park series (Lost World might be a favourite by a small edge)
What do you hope to learn here?: I hope to learn the papercraft method of making armour. I've wanted to do cosplay for quite a long time as I feel it may help me open up a bit more as a person and as such improve as a person whilst being able to don an attire that just feels right. I've done it once before, though only with clothing and not armour.
Have you built/made a costume before?: I can sew and cut fabrics pretty well and make designs that way so long as I have a base to go off, whether it be a shirt, a set of cargos, trousers, anything you name I can add to I probably can. In the past I've cosplayed Qrow Branwen but stopped watching RWBY after Season 4, and as I type this I have a costume and makeup in my draw for today's session of house D&D as a Tabaxi rogue.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Unfortunately not, but I hope 405th will be as welcoming as it's reputation proceeds it to be.
Other: My profile picture is supposed to be a fast cat with the Tek saddle from Ark attached as I made it myself and my friends and I joke on about the drakes in Ark: SE.

3leggedwolf welcome to the 405th, we cant wait to see what you start to build here. we are here if you need to ask any questions or help figuring out a scale or just want to share your project with us. welcome aboard.

First Name: William
Profession? Student?: Currently student
Favorite Hobby: Building stuff
Favorite part of Halo: Halo 5, 117 goes AWOL for pretty much entire game
Favorite Halo: Definetly 3
Favorite Video Game: Halo, Obvs
Other Interests: Star Wars (see profile pic)
Favorite Food: Anything
Favorite Band: Steely Dan
Favorite Movie(s): Avengers franchise and all star wars
What do you hope to learn here?: Best way of getting movie accurate costumes without 501st approval
Have you built/made a costume before?: Working on a Sith trooper from Ep 9
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: n/a
Other: Profile pic is what i'm using to build Sith trooper suit, hoping to get a Halo 5 Master Chief armour done soon!

First Name: Matt.
Profession? Student?: Direct support professional for autistic adults, as of two weeks ago. Coming from 5 years of security.
Favorite Hobby: Video games, hands down. Mostly PC.
Favorite part of Halo: Halo 3, "You found me." cutscene, or either the beginning or end cinematic for Reach.
Favorite Halo: Tie between 3 and Reach.
Favorite Video Game: Beyond the obvious? Pick a survival/crafting game. Space Engineers, 7 Days To Die, etc.
Other Interests: Anime, sci-fi/fantasy books, and an unhealthy amount of fanfics.
Favorite Food: Pizza, hands down.
Favorite Band: Waaay too many to list.
Favorite Movie(s): Star Wars, in its entirety (Yes, even the new ones.)
What do you hope to learn here?: How to properly build costumes, as a general concept. Soft or armored.
Have you built/made a costume before?: Nope.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Tried at the 501st, but really didn't have the time.
Other: Not much else to say here, other than the fact that I'm broke as a joke at this exact moment, so building on a budget is definitely something I could use advice on. Thanks! Also, live in North Jersey

Last edited:
First Name: Matt.
Profession? Student?: Direct support professional for autistic adults, as of two weeks ago. Coming from 5 years of security.
Favorite Hobby: Video games, hands down. Mostly PC.
Favorite part of Halo: Halo 3, "You found me." cutscene, or either the beginning or end cinematic for Reach.
Favorite Halo: Tie between 3 and Reach.
Favorite Video Game: Beyond the obvious? Pick a survival/crafting game. Space Engineers, 7 Days To Die, etc.
Other Interests: Anime, sci-fi/fantasy books, and an unhealthy amount of fanfics.
Favorite Food: Pizza, hands down.
Favorite Band: Waaay too many to list.
Favorite Movie(s): Star Wars, in its entirety (Yes, even the new ones.)
What do you hope to learn here?: How to properly build costumes, as a general concept. Soft or armored.
Have you built/made a costume before?: Nope.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Tried at the 501st, but really didn't have the time.
Other: Not much else to say here, other than the fact that I'm broke as a joke at this exact moment, so building on a budget is definitely something I could use advice on. Thanks! Also, live in North Jersey
welcome to the 405th. cant wait to see what you do for your project...

First Name: Brandon
Profession? Currently full time Welder/ Fabricator
Favorite Hobby: Definitely video Games!
Favorite part of Halo: The Super soldier aspect of the Spartan Program
Favorite Halo: Halo 3/ ODST
Favorite Video Game: The Halo Series XD
Other Interests: When I'm not playing videogames I like to be outside, Hiking Fishing Camping. That sort of stuff
Favorite Food: Thai food!
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Favorite Movie(s): Disney's Atlantis
What do you hope to learn here?: Basically everything...I'm just starting out so Im looking to learn everything from models to making, finishing to cosplaying!
Have you built/made a costume before?: I have not
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Sadly no
Other:

First Name: Brandon
Profession? Currently full time Welder/ Fabricator
Favorite Hobby: Definitely video Games!
Favorite part of Halo: The Super soldier aspect of the Spartan Program
Favorite Halo: Halo 3/ ODST
Favorite Video Game: The Halo Series XD
Other Interests: When I'm not playing videogames I like to be outside, Hiking Fishing Camping. That sort of stuff
Favorite Food: Thai food!
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Favorite Movie(s): Disney's Atlantis
What do you hope to learn here?: Basically everything...I'm just starting out so Im looking to learn everything from models to making, finishing to cosplaying!
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Sadly no
Other:
welcome to the 405th we are here to help if you need it..

First Name: Nick
Profession? Student?: Currently a student going for an associates degree in Automation and Robotics
Favorite Hobby: As of recently making my own crafts and props
Favorite part of Halo: Is all of Reach an acceptable answer?
Favorite Halo: Without a doubt Reach
Favorite Video Game: That's a tough one but I mostly play Modern Warfare
Other Interests: I'm a huge car guy, part of where I get my attention to detail from
Favorite Food: Maybe mac n' cheese? I really don't know anymore
Favorite Band: I have a lot of favorites but A Day to Remember if I had to choose one
Favorite Movie(s): I don't really have a favorite that I can remember
What do you hope to learn here?: I hope to learn how to step up my projects and increase the quality of my builds. Would also like to learn how to post in the right places here so I can post my build and get some feedback
Have you built/made a costume before?: I have not, I just started my first build
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: I do not, but for now I am happy to get involved with the community here
Other: I have wanted to make a suit for years but never got around to it. I started my first suit which is the standard Mk VI from Halo 3 (always loved the look of that armor). I have been teaching myself how to do the most I can out of EVA foam, don't have access to 3D printing and pepakura builds didn't work well in my favor. I am fairly new to costume making and prop building so any help is appreciated. I hope to get more involved in this community and see everybody's projects as well as share mine.
Also profile pic is of my 2000 Camaro SS, may change once I get my suit finished

First Name: Cole

Profession?: Video Production student

Favorite Hobby: Gaming

Favorite part of Halo: The lore behind the games

Favorite Halo: Halo 3: ODST

Favorite Video Game: Titanfall 2

Other Interests: Music production, Photography, Writing

Favorite Food: I will consume anything and everything

Favorite Band: Unleash the Archers

Favorite Movie(s): 1917

What do you hope to learn here?: I hope to learn how to build custom props, armor pieces for an ODST/Reach suit. I also aim to learn how to make props look realistic using different techniques.

Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: No

Other:
I'm currently writing ideas for possible short films in the future, and I need to learn how to make props. I hope to become an independent filmmaker one day, or become part of the process in films.

First Name: Cole

Profession?: Video Production student

Favorite Hobby: Gaming

Favorite part of Halo: The lore behind the games

Favorite Video Game: Titanfall 2

Other Interests: Music production, Photography, Writing

Favorite Food: I will consume anything and everything

Favorite Band: Unleash the Archers

Favorite Movie(s): 1917

What do you hope to learn here?: I hope to learn how to build custom props, armor pieces for an ODST/Reach suit. I also aim to learn how to make props look realistic using different techniques.

Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: No

Other:
I'm currently writing ideas for possible short films in the future, and I need to learn how to make props. I hope to become an independent filmmaker one day, or become part of the process in films.
welcome to the 405th if you need any help to complete your projects or get stuck and the idea is all you have run it by us and we will try to help as much as we can..

I can jump on this one. I dont know if I posted in the last one or not.

First Name: Kaz
Profession?: Inventory control
Favorite Hobby: I have so many but I guess it boils down to anything where I can build stuff.
Favorite part of Halo: Playing with friends.
Favorite Video Game: As of right now, Run8
Other Interests: Model Railroading, airsoft, LARP, Flight Sims.
Favorite Food: Tacos
Favorite Band: The Protomen
Favorite Movie(s): idk....to many to chose from
What do you hope to learn here?: How to be a better builder
Have you built/made a costume before?: Yes but not from video games.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Yes, I LARP. I have costumes/garb for Twin Mask, Amtgard, and Dystopia Rising.
Other:.....

First Name: Cohen, or Cobalt.
Profession? Student?: High Schooler
Favorite Hobby: Painting Warhammer minis
Favorite part of Halo: Large scale battles, Warzone
Favorite Halo: 3 or Reach
Favorite Video Game: Factorio, or Titanfall 2
Other Interests:
Favorite Food: Any high quality hamburger
Favorite Band: M83
Favorite Movie(s): Pacific Rim, Star Wars
What do you hope to learn here?: How to turn foam into a good costume!
Have you built/made a costume before?: I have not made one before, but I'm working on my first one right now!
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: No, this is the first one I've been too!
Other:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back