Introduce Yourself - The Sequel!

First Name: Justin
Profession? Student?: Software Developer
Favorite Hobby: Prop making
Favorite part of Halo: The stories
Favorite Halo: Halo 3 ODST
Favorite Video Game: Currently VR VTOL
Other Interests: IOT devices, cats, tech
Favorite Food: I make a mean curry that I fall back to, but I love eating everything I can try
Favorite Band: Not really one to say, Im more of one of those that listens to whatever is playing
Favorite Movie(s): Right now Wandering Earth, the first one, not the biggest fan of the prequel that just came out
What do you hope to learn here?: Better prop making skills and strategies
Have you built/made a costume before?: Not a full one, but since I got a 3d printer I have been making wearable helmets and sci fi weapons non stop for the past few years.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: No yet, debating on finishing my storm trooper armor and trying to join the 501st
Other:
Welcome to the 405th!

Hello All! Our former Introduce Yourself thread has grown to a massive 421 pages so it is time to lock that one down and start fresh!

First of all - welcome to all of our new family! We want to know all about you, but let's start with these few questions!

First Name:
Profession? Student?:
Favorite part of Halo:
Favorite Halo:
Favorite Video Game:
Other Interests:
Favorite Food:
Favorite Band:
Favorite Movie(s):
What do you hope to learn here?:
Have you built/made a costume before?:
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?:
Other:
First Name: Tristen, but im known as Coletrain
Profession? Auto parts sales and a shadetree mechanic
Favorite Hobby: blacksmithing
Favorite part of Halo: the memories
Favorite Halo: tie between 3 and reach
Favorite Video Game: tie between the halo series and mass effect series (excluding andromeda)
Other Interests: I very much enjoy detailing cars and doing custom body work. I've even tried to custom forge odds and ends to make a car even more unique. Also very much enjoy cooking. Oh, and D&D
Favorite Food: Yes
Favorite Band: Slipknot or Slaughter to prevail. Another tie
Favorite Movie(s): Star wars, Lord of the rings, pacific rim, X-men.
What do you hope to learn here?: how to get started with 3D printing and how to be an even more grandiose nerd.
Have you built/made a costume before?: Never 3d but i have forged armor and prop weapons before
I am extremely excited to get to know other people who love Halo and its lore just as much as i do!

First Name: Tristen, but im known as Coletrain
Profession? Auto parts sales and a shadetree mechanic
Favorite Hobby: blacksmithing
Favorite part of Halo: the memories
Favorite Halo: tie between 3 and reach
Favorite Video Game: tie between the halo series and mass effect series (excluding andromeda)
Other Interests: I very much enjoy detailing cars and doing custom body work. I've even tried to custom forge odds and ends to make a car even more unique. Also very much enjoy cooking. Oh, and D&D
Favorite Food: Yes
Favorite Band: Slipknot or Slaughter to prevail. Another tie
Favorite Movie(s): Star wars, Lord of the rings, pacific rim, X-men.
What do you hope to learn here?: how to get started with 3D printing and how to be an even more grandiose nerd.
Have you built/made a costume before?: Never 3d but i have forged armor and prop weapons before
I am extremely excited to get to know other people who love Halo and its lore just as much as i do!
Welcome to the 405th

Hello All! Our former Introduce Yourself thread has grown to a massive 421 pages so it is time to lock that one down and start fresh!

First of all - welcome to all of our new family! We want to know all about you, but let's start with these few questions!

First Name:
Profession? Student?:
Favorite part of Halo:
Favorite Halo:
Favorite Video Game:
Other Interests:
Favorite Food:
Favorite Band:
Favorite Movie(s):
Other:
Name: I’m gonna go by Atlas Grey, it’s my username and Alias.
Profession: I work at the Salt Lake City airport. I work at the security checkpoint.
Favorite Hobby: writing fiction stories or video games
Favorite part of halo: Blue Team, they are so badass!
Favorite Halo: probably the 1st. I loooove the original, just so dang good!
Favorite video game: Call of duty/Halo, not sure which one(don’t hate me)
Other interests: I have a feeling the biggest is gonna be cosplay haha but almost anything with family and friends.
Favorite food: Pizza
Favorite band(artist): Annika Wells
Favorite movies: impossible to choose
What do you hope to learn here: best tips and tricks for cosplays but also would love to make friends with fellow halo lovers!
Have you built/made a costume before?: No! This mjolnir armor will be my first!! Spartan 0218.
Do you belong to other costume communities?: No. I’m so new to this it’s ridiculous

Name: I’m gonna go by Atlas Grey, it’s my username and Alias.
Profession: I work at the Salt Lake City airport. I work at the security checkpoint.
Favorite Hobby: writing fiction stories or video games
Favorite part of halo: Blue Team, they are so badass!
Favorite Halo: probably the 1st. I loooove the original, just so dang good!
Favorite video game: Call of duty/Halo, not sure which one(don’t hate me)
Other interests: I have a feeling the biggest is gonna be cosplay haha but almost anything with family and friends.
Favorite food: Pizza
Favorite band(artist): Annika Wells
Favorite movies: impossible to choose
What do you hope to learn here: best tips and tricks for cosplays but also would love to make friends with fellow halo lovers!
Have you built/made a costume before?: No! This mjolnir armor will be my first!! Spartan 0218.
Do you belong to other costume communities?: No. I’m so new to this it’s ridiculous
Well I want to say welcome to the 405th and I will agree the first Halo is what stuck to me too. Well can't wait to see what you build.

First Name: Justin
Profession? Student?: Software Developer
Favorite Hobby: Prop making
Favorite part of Halo: The stories
Favorite Halo: Halo 3 ODST
Favorite Video Game: Currently VR VTOL
Other Interests: IOT devices, cats, tech
Favorite Food: I make a mean curry that I fall back to, but I love eating everything I can try
Favorite Band: Not really one to say, Im more of one of those that listens to whatever is playing
Favorite Movie(s): Right now Wandering Earth, the first one, not the biggest fan of the prequel that just came out
What do you hope to learn here?: Better prop making skills and strategies
Have you built/made a costume before?: Not a full one, but since I got a 3d printer I have been making wearable helmets and sci fi weapons non stop for the past few years.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: No yet, debating on finishing my storm trooper armor and trying to join the 501st
Other:
Well welcome to the 405th, I have a trooper and Vader costume my wife says I need to cut down on this armor stuff it is taking up a lot of room lol

First Name: York
Profession? Student?: Pilot in training
Favorite Hobby: building stuff and playing games
Favorite part of Halo: Feeling cool
Favorite Halo: ODST
Favorite Video Game: Dying Light 2
Other Interests: 3D printing and flying
Favorite Food: Sandwiches
Favorite Band: ELO
Favorite Movie(s): Star Wars, Footloose, almost anything with Ryan Reynolds
What do you hope to learn here?: How to piece together cosplays because everyone knows i can't on my own
Have you built/made a costume before?: Ive made a semi-decent scout trooper helmet :/
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Nope
Other: big fan of personal and outer space

Last edited:
First Name: Nathan
Profession? Student?: Student
Favorite Hobby: Gamin and making props
Favorite part of Halo: I love playing with people and the story
Favorite Halo: Halo Reach
Favorite Video Game: Still halo XD I do play a lot of valorant too tho
Other Interests: Huge star wars fan
Favorite Food: Sushi
Favorite Band: This changes constantly basically every week but tends to fall under pop rock
Favorite Movie(s): Revenge of the sith
Have you built/made a costume before?: Ive made 11 cosplays started in 2017, I've got 2 odsts, 3 mandos, a spartan, titianfall pilot, a medival clone knight and another clone currently had 2 mandos prior but have since outgrown them
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Im in some small mando clans but that's bout it
Other:

First Name: Nathan
Profession? Student?: Student
Favorite Hobby: Gamin and making props
Favorite part of Halo: I love playing with people and the story
Favorite Halo: Halo Reach
Favorite Video Game: Still halo XD I do play a lot of valorant too tho
Other Interests: Huge star wars fan
Favorite Food: Sushi
Favorite Band: This changes constantly basically every week but tends to fall under pop rock
Favorite Movie(s): Revenge of the sith
Have you built/made a costume before?: Ive made 11 cosplays started in 2017, I've got 2 odsts, 3 mandos, a spartan, titianfall pilot, a medival clone knight and another clone currently had 2 mandos prior but have since outgrown them
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Im in some small mando clans but that's bout it
Other:
welcome to the 405th

First Name: York
Profession? Student?: Pilot in training
Favorite Hobby: building stuff and playing games
Favorite part of Halo: Feeling cool
Favorite Halo: ODST
Favorite Video Game: Dying Light 2
Other Interests: 3D printing and flying
Favorite Food: Sandwiches
Favorite Band: ELO
Favorite Movie(s): Star Wars, Footloose, almost anything with Ryan Reynolds
What do you hope to learn here?: How to piece together cosplays because everyone knows i can't on my own
Have you built/made a costume before?: Ive made a semi-decent scout trooper helmet :/
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Nope
Other: big fan of personal and outer space
that sounds really cool actually, being a pilot. Good luck with training!
and welcome!

Hello everyone! I've been lurking on the forums for a few months and figured I would finally introduce myself!

First Name: Josh
Profession: Tire technician
Favorite Hobby: airsoft/cosplay
Favorite part of Halo: the halo 3 warthog run was peak.
Favorite Halo: tie between halo 3 and reach
Favorite Video Game: mass effect trilogy/kotor
Other Interests: music/gaming
Favorite Food: chicken broccoli fettuccine Alfredo
Favorite Band: Rend Collective
Favorite Movie(s): LOTR/Star wars
What do you hope to learn here?: I hope to learn better building and costuming techniques.
Have you built/made a costume before?: Yes
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: I'm attempting to join the 501st with my Darth Revan
Other:. I've made the Andrew dft marine armor before, I'm currently in the process of redoing it with some buddies of mine.

FB_IMG_1651421382557.jpg

FB_IMG_1582067161369.jpg

Here are some of my other cosplays!

My wicked armor Revan, I'm working on getting approval for the 501st with this one
IMG_2349.jpg

IMG_20221226_205129892_processed.jpg

This is the Revan I made out of EVA foam
A7400564-1.jpg

This is Char Aznable from Mobile Suit Gundam
IMG_20221016_214301_255.jpg

FB_IMG_1668535806396.jpg

Hello everyone! I've been lurking on the forums for a few months and figured I would finally introduce myself!

First Name: Josh
Profession: Tire technician
Favorite Hobby: airsoft/cosplay
Favorite part of Halo: the halo 3 warthog run was peak.
Favorite Halo: tie between halo 3 and reach
Favorite Video Game: mass effect trilogy/kotor
Other Interests: music/gaming
Favorite Food: chicken broccoli fettuccine Alfredo
Favorite Band: Rend Collective
Favorite Movie(s): LOTR/Star wars
What do you hope to learn here?: I hope to learn better building and costuming techniques.
Have you built/made a costume before?: Yes
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: I'm attempting to join the 501st with my Darth Revan
Other:. I've made the Andrew dft marine armor before, I'm currently in the process of redoing it with some buddies of mine.

View attachment 328776
View attachment 328777

Here are some of my other cosplays!

My wicked armor Revan, I'm working on getting approval for the 501st with this one
View attachment 328778

View attachment 328779

This is the Revan I made out of EVA foam
View attachment 328780

This is Char Aznable from Mobile Suit Gundam
View attachment 328781

View attachment 328782
Suits look awesome, welcome to the 405th can't wait to see your future builds

Hi All,

I fell in love with cosplay in middle school/high school, but fell away from it for various reasons over the last 16 years. I'm glad to report I've rekindled the spark and am picking it back up. Step 1 is to remake my 2005 Halo costume with access to more time and resources.

After that there's like a dozen other cosplays I'd like to make

First Name: Kevin
Profession: Software Engineer
Favorite Hobby: Welding / metal work
Favorite part of Halo: Halo 1 campaign mischief back in middle school (breaking out of levels, warthog grenade jumps, rocket jumps, shortcuts).
Favorite Halo: Campaign: Halo 1, Multiplayer: Halo 2, Community: Halo 2 Clans
Favorite Video Game: Halo 2, Dark Souls, Elden Ring
Other Interests: Any DIY crafts honestly, 3d printing, etc.
Favorite Food: I'm all over the place depending on my cravings but Ramen or Pizza are typical. Currently P. Terry's burgers, fries, and shakes are haunting my dreams though and I don't live near one anymore.
Favorite Band: Cosmo Sheldrake
Favorite Movie(s): The Rundown with my main men Dwayne The Rock Johnson and Sean William Scott.
What do you hope to learn here?: General cosplay techniques. Specific pain points are securing/strapping the armor, painting, lighting, and adding fans inside the helmet.
Have you built/made a costume before?: Yes, Halo 2 Master Chief circa 2005 out of foam board with no resin (didn't last long). I've cosplayed as the golden shield/spear elf's at the beginning of The Fellowship of The Ring as well as the Elaphante riders from Two Towers. I'd like to remake those costumes as well at some point.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: No, but I am looking to eventually make some Starwars cosplays and join the 501st.

May 2005: "Super hero theme" before Marvel was cool so I had to represent Master Chief instead. Assualt rifle is a World of Wonders laser tag rifle painted black if anyone is familiar. Best consumer laser tag system ever. Also rip the bicep and shoulder armor.
may_2005.png

Last edited:
Hi All,

I fell in love with cosplay in middle school/high school, but fell away from it for various reasons over the last 16 years. I'm glad to report I've rekindled the spark and am picking it back up. Step 1 is to remake my 2005 Halo costume with access to more time and resources.

After that there's like a dozen other cosplays I'd like to make

First Name: Kevin
Profession: Software Engineer
Favorite Hobby: Welding / metal work
Favorite part of Halo: Halo 1 campaign mischief back in middle school (breaking out of levels, warthog grenade jumps, rocket jumps, shortcuts).
Favorite Halo: Campaign: Halo 1, Multiplayer: Halo 2, Community: Halo 2 Clans
Favorite Video Game: Halo 2, Dark Souls, Elden Ring
Other Interests: Any DIY crafts honestly, 3d printing, etc.
Favorite Food: I'm all over the place depending on my cravings but Ramen or Pizza are typical. Currently P. Terry's burgers, fries, and shakes are haunting my dreams though and I don't live near one anymore.
Favorite Band: Cosmo Sheldrake
Favorite Movie(s): The Rundown with my main men Dwayne The Rock Johnson and Sean William Scott.
What do you hope to learn here?: General cosplay techniques. Specific pain points are securing/strapping the armor, painting, lighting, and adding fans inside the helmet.
Have you built/made a costume before?: Yes, Halo 2 Master Chief circa 2005 out of foam board with no resin (didn't last long). I've cosplayed as the golden shield/spear elf's at the beginning of The Fellowship of The Ring as well as the Elaphante riders from Two Towers. I'd like to remake those costumes as well at some point.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: No, but I am looking to eventually make some Starwars cosplays and join the 501st.

May 2005: "Super hero theme" before Marvel was cool so I had to represent Master Chief instead. Assualt rifle is a World of Wonders laser tag rifle painted black if anyone is familiar. Best consumer laser tag system ever. Also rip the bicep and shoulder armor.
View attachment 328811
welcome to the 405th glad your here.

Yo I'm new to the 405th
my name is Bryson
I don't currently have a job but I'm working on either going to college or becoming a carpenter.
I'm 21
my favorite hobby is woodworking and metal working
my favorite part of halo is the campaigns
my favorite halo is halo reach since it was the first one I actually played to completion
my favorite video game is Dark Souls remastered
other interests include Rock climbing, drawing[though I kinda suck], making music, voice acting, making comedy videos and drinking water.
my favorite foods are Tatertot Casserole and Spam Musabi
my favorite band is NF though he's not really a band since its just the one guy.
my favorite movie is Milo and Otis since its a masterpiece.
I guess I plan on learning how to make a good cosplay since the one I plan on making for this will be my first.
I don't really have anything else to say on here. if you have any questions feel free to ask.

First Name:
Profession? Student?:
Favorite part of Halo:
Favorite Halo:
Favorite Video Game:
Other Interests:
Favorite Food:
Favorite Band:
Favorite Movie(s):
Other:
Name: Magnus
Student in video Editing, and acting
Favorite hobbies: Videogames, cosplay,
Favorite part of Halo: Customization
Favorite Halo: Reach
Favorite Video Game: Mass Effect/Metal Gear Solid
Other Interests: Voice Over, DnD
Favorite Food: Steak
Favorite Band: No idea, taste varies quite a bit
Favorite Movie: Grand Budapest Hotel, The Grey, Fellowship of the Ring,
I hope to learn how to work better with my hands and possibly create my own Spartan Armor
I've built several Costumes but nothing quite as complicated

Yo I'm new to the 405th
my name is Bryson
I don't currently have a job but I'm working on either going to college or becoming a carpenter.
I'm 21
my favorite hobby is woodworking and metal working
my favorite part of halo is the campaigns
my favorite halo is halo reach since it was the first one I actually played to completion
my favorite video game is Dark Souls remastered
other interests include Rock climbing, drawing[though I kinda suck], making music, voice acting, making comedy videos and drinking water.
my favorite foods are Tatertot Casserole and Spam Musabi
my favorite band is NF though he's not really a band since its just the one guy.
my favorite movie is Milo and Otis since its a masterpiece.
I guess I plan on learning how to make a good cosplay since the one I plan on making for this will be my first.
I don't really have anything else to say on here. if you have any questions feel free to ask.
excited to see what you come up with, are you planning on bringing metal working into your cosplays? i guess con security wouldn't really like that very much tho XD

excited to see what you come up with, are you planning on bringing metal working into your cosplays? i guess con security wouldn't really like that very much tho XD
Thats kinda what i was thinking. it would be cool but im not sure they would allow it and it would get pretty heavy.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back