Introduce Yourself - The Sequel!

First Name: Ace, or Ñapas

Profession? Student?: Student at the moment, planning in 2 years joinning the military.

Favorite Hobby: Airsoft.

Favorite part of Halo: "Tell that to the covenant".

Favorite Halo: Halo Reach.

Favorite Video Game: Titanfall 2.

Other Interests: Music, MegaConstrux Halo MOC, Lego Star Wars MOC.

Favorite Food: Spanish food principally, but anything that comes in my way.

Favorite Band: Linkin Park, Hollywood Undead, Sabaton.

Favorite Movie(s): American Sniper, Rust.

What do you hope to learn here?: How to improve my costumes on details, and more part of the Halo lore.

Have you built/made a costume before?: A Phase II Clone Trooper Armor.

Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: No.

Other:
Hey Ace, welcome to the 405th Infantry Division!

A Titanfall 2 man I see. I’m glad to see that it has been making a bit of a resurgence recently, it would be a shame to see such a great game die. We have a load of other Titanfall fans here that you can talk to and even some really good Titanfall pilot cosplays!

If you’re looking to get better at making cosplay, we have a frankly huge amount of tutorials and other resources that you can use to hone your craft and achieve the results that you’re looking for, just check out the tutorials section and get reading!

If you have any questions feel free to open a thread or send a message!

First Name: Yardell
Profession? Student?: Hotel Security and National Guardsman
Favorite Hobby: Its kind of tied between building Gundams and 3d printing (when i can get my printer to work)
Favorite part of Halo: Multiplayer. Old school LAN parties were always fun. And customizable Spartan gear
Favorite Halo: I’d have to say 5.
Favorite Video Game: Currently COD, but just waiting for a chance to get on Helldivers
Other Interests: Reading, learning new things
Favorite Food: Probably burgers
Favorite Band: I don’t really have a favorite band, I just have songs I like from different ones
Favorite Movie(s): Batman, preferably the Nolan trilogy
What do you hope to learn here?: How to get into cosplay, how to make and properly paint and detail props
Have you built/made a costume before?: No, I’ve been trying to get my Ironman suits going, but I’ve been having issues with sizing and my 3D prints coming out right
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: No
Other:

Hi all, long time Halo lover, I am a Foamsmith Prop maker amongst many other things :) so I just wanted to start my journey here with a bit about me using your wonderful list below

First Name: Damien
Profession? Student?: Mine Project Supervisor, Student (Adv Diploma Game art & VFX), Foamsmith/propmaker, Puppet maker, msuician, Father, Husband and Martial Arts instructor
Favorite Hobby: as above hahaha
Favorite part of Halo: Cant put that one down as I love it ALL but I guess I am loving the live action at the moment
Favorite Halo: Combat evolved (but my son and I are loving Halo infinite as Father son bonding time)
Favorite Video Game: Assassins Creed Franchise
Other Interests:
Favorite Food: Meat
Favorite Band: Black Sabbath, Foo fighters, Pearl Jam, Offspring etc.
Favorite Movie(s): Both Trons, Zombie Land, Ready player one (I have a lot of favourites)
What do you hope to learn here?: More about Halo and tips tricks on making my myself a Spartan
Have you built/made a costume before?: Yes, it's a part time business for me
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Australian Cosplayers, Australian Foamsmith and cosplayers, and many more
Other: I love learning, knowledge, Gaming and I also love sharing what I learn with others!

First Name: Yardell
Profession? Student?: Hotel Security and National Guardsman
Favorite Hobby: Its kind of tied between building Gundams and 3d printing (when i can get my printer to work)
Favorite part of Halo: Multiplayer. Old school LAN parties were always fun. And customizable Spartan gear
Favorite Halo: I’d have to say 5.
Favorite Video Game: Currently COD, but just waiting for a chance to get on Helldivers
Other Interests: Reading, learning new things
Favorite Food: Probably burgers
Favorite Band: I don’t really have a favorite band, I just have songs I like from different ones
Favorite Movie(s): Batman, preferably the Nolan trilogy
What do you hope to learn here?: How to get into cosplay, how to make and properly paint and detail props
Have you built/made a costume before?: No, I’ve been trying to get my Ironman suits going, but I’ve been having issues with sizing and my 3D prints coming out right
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: No
Other:
What's up Yardell, welcome to the 405th!

Gundam models are awesome man! Personally my plastic crack of choice is Warhammer 40k but I've always been curious about Gundam builds. We have quite a few people here who build and collect them too.
I would wholeheartedly recommend Helldivers 2, easily one of the best games I've played for years!

We have a pile of painting tutorials that you can make use of over in the tutorials section, be sure to check them out.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Hi all, long time Halo lover, I am a Foamsmith Prop maker amongst many other things :) so I just wanted to start my journey here with a bit about me using your wonderful list below

Profession? Student?: Mine Project Supervisor, Student (Adv Diploma Game art & VFX), Foamsmith/propmaker, Puppet maker, msuician, Father, Husband and Martial Arts instructor
Favorite part of Halo: Cant put that one down as I love it ALL but I guess I am loving the live action at the moment
Favorite Halo: Combat evolved (but my son and I are loving Halo infinite as Father son bonding time)
Other Interests:
Favorite Movie(s): Both Trons, Zombie Land, Ready player one (I have a lot of favourites)
What do you hope to learn here?: More about Halo and tips tricks on making my myself a Spartan
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Australian Cosplayers, Australian Foamsmith and cosplayers, and many more
Other: I love learning, knowledge, Gaming and I also love sharing what I learn with others!
Howya Damien, welcome to the 405th Infantry Division!

Halo Infinite is definitely the best for multiplayer in my opinion, it's just more rounded than some of the other recent titles in the series like 4 and 5. If you have a keen eye you'll have noticed the Spartans in the ending battle sequence of Ready Player one, also check out the book by Ernest Cline. I massively recommend it.

If you were looking to find a group that can help you with your craft, you couldn't have picked a better place! Ask any questions you may have and enjoy your time here!

Howya Damien, welcome to the 405th Infantry Division!

Halo Infinite is definitely the best for multiplayer in my opinion, it's just more rounded than some of the other recent titles in the series like 4 and 5. If you have a keen eye you'll have noticed the Spartans in the ending battle sequence of Ready Player one, also check out the book by Ernest Cline. I massively recommend it.

If you were looking to find a group that can help you with your craft, you couldn't have picked a better place! Ask any questions you may have and enjoy your time here!
Have read both books Ready player 1 & 2, very cool ending, yes That is one of the reasons I love the Live action of RP1 :) Thank you for the warm welcome, I look forward to becoming a part of this community!

hey everyone! i recently got a 3d printer and as a result of that, i got into prop/armor making.

First Name: Lyra
Profession? Student?: Student
Favorite Hobby: TTRPGs
Favorite part of Halo: Messing around with my friends in coop
Favorite Halo: I would say 2
Favorite Video Game: Portal 2
Other Interests: D&D, theatre
Favorite Food: homemade burgers
Favorite Band: dont really have one
Favorite Movie(s): jurassic park
What do you hope to learn here?: honestly im not sure im kinda just in it for the ride. maybe how to use foam? idk it doesnt really matter lol
Have you built/made a costume before?: ive done cosplay before but no full armor sets
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: not yet!
Other:

First Name: Seth
Profession? Student?: Government Contractor
Favorite Hobby: Board Games
Favorite part of Halo: The community!
Favorite Halo: Halo 2
Favorite Video Game: Halo 2
Other Interests: Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, heraldry, board games, Magic the Gathering, Helldivers 2
Favorite Food: Pizza
Favorite Band: Breaking Benjamin
Favorite Movies: Lord of the Rings
What do you hope to learn here?: Hoping to join your community and become deployable!
Have you built/made a costume before?: No
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: I’m planning on also joining the Mandalorian Mercs!
Other: I’m hoping to commission a fully finished ODST kit because I simply have no time.

hey everyone! i recently got a 3d printer and as a result of that, i got into prop/armor making.

First Name: Lyra
Profession? Student?: Student
Favorite Hobby: TTRPGs
Favorite part of Halo: Messing around with my friends in coop
Favorite Halo: I would say 2
Favorite Video Game: Portal 2
Other Interests: D&D, theatre
Favorite Food: homemade burgers
Favorite Band: dont really have one
Favorite Movie(s): jurassic park
What do you hope to learn here?: honestly im not sure im kinda just in it for the ride. maybe how to use foam? idk it doesnt really matter lol
Have you built/made a costume before?: ive done cosplay before but no full armor sets
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: not yet!
Other:
Hey Lyra, welcome to the 405th!

You don't have to make armour to be a member of the 405th, a load of people just stay for the community and to make some friends with similar interests! If/when you decide to make armour, you can make use of our many resources, tutorials and members years of experience to help you on your cosplay journey.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask and enjoy your time in the 405th!

First Name: Seth
Profession? Student?: Government Contractor
Favorite Hobby: Board Games
Favorite part of Halo: The community!
Favorite Halo: Halo 2
Favorite Video Game: Halo 2
Other Interests: Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, heraldry, board games, Magic the Gathering, Helldivers 2
Favorite Food: Pizza
Favorite Band: Breaking Benjamin
Favorite Movies: Lord of the Rings
What do you hope to learn here?: Hoping to join your community and become deployable!
Have you built/made a costume before?: No
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: I’m planning on also joining the Mandalorian Mercs!
Other: I’m hoping to commission a fully finished ODST kit because I simply have no time.
Howdy Seth, welcome to the 405th!

Looking to join and become deployed? Perfect! If you don't want to or don't have the time to make your own cosplay someone here might be able to take the commission but I would highly recommend trying to make a few props yourself just for the fun and experience of it. It's a very rewarding hobby to start and enjoy. Either way, you can be deployed under our deployment system no bothers!

If you have any questions, feel free to open a thread or send a message and make sure to enjoy your time in the 405th!

First Name: Rob
Profession? : LTL Truck Driver, MSF RiderCoach, Curator of motorcycle shenanigans
Favorite Hobby: Motorcycles primarily
Favorite part of Halo: Started with the OG on Xbox, but really locked in on Halo 3. Plus, the extended universe story is epic
Favorite Halo: 3
Favorite Video Game: Mass Effect (the original Trilogy)
Other Interests: I'm a techy, a nerd, and a former mechanical engineer. I love to build things, make things, etc. Also a WH40k player, build Gunpla, collect Masterpiece Transformers and a few other toy lines, etc.
Favorite Food: Sushi
Favorite Band: Currently a dead tie between Tool (pushing almost 30 years), and Sleep Token
Favorite Movie(s): The Crow, 1986 Transformers movie, Return of the Jedi
What do you hope to learn here?: I've dabbled in making small prop replicas. I REALLY want to make full armor, both for Master Chief and some ODST
Have you built/made a costume before?: Not an armor set, just the regular stuff. Had a pretty good Eric Draven cosplay, a few anime characters, etc.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: No. I lurked around in the 501st years ago, but wasn't active. Needed beter skills before making any of the stuff I wanted to.
Other:

First Name: Rob
Profession? : LTL Truck Driver, MSF RiderCoach, Curator of motorcycle shenanigans
Favorite Hobby: Motorcycles primarily
Favorite part of Halo: Started with the OG on Xbox, but really locked in on Halo 3. Plus, the extended universe story is epic
Favorite Halo: 3
Favorite Video Game: Mass Effect (the original Trilogy)
Other Interests: I'm a techy, a nerd, and a former mechanical engineer. I love to build things, make things, etc. Also a WH40k player, build Gunpla, collect Masterpiece Transformers and a few other toy lines, etc.
Favorite Food: Sushi
Favorite Band: Currently a dead tie between Tool (pushing almost 30 years), and Sleep Token
Favorite Movie(s): The Crow, 1986 Transformers movie, Return of the Jedi
What do you hope to learn here?: I've dabbled in making small prop replicas. I REALLY want to make full armor, both for Master Chief and some ODST
Have you built/made a costume before?: Not an armor set, just the regular stuff. Had a pretty good Eric Draven cosplay, a few anime characters, etc.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: No. I lurked around in the 501st years ago, but wasn't active. Needed beter skills before making any of the stuff I wanted to.
Other:

Welcome Rob,

Do you know what you want to build you armour out of? Foam seems to be the popular choice here with 3D Printing and as far as I'm aware only one person makes vac formed kits which is Sean Bradley/Galactic Armory who makes the ODST suit.

Welcome Rob,

Do you know what you want to build you armour out of? Foam seems to be the popular choice here with 3D Printing and as far as I'm aware only one person makes vac formed kits which is Sean Bradley/Galactic Armory who makes the ODST suit.
Most likely a combo of Foam and 3D printing. I have 3 printers, an Ender 3V2, Prusa Mk3, and Bambu P1S. Ordering a Creality K1Max this spring, so I have something full helmet capable.

Most likely a combo of Foam and 3D printing. I have 3 printers, an Ender 3V2, Prusa Mk3, and Bambu P1S. Ordering a Creality K1Max this spring, so I have something full helmet capable.
Awesome, I've only ever build armour from vac formed kits so I can't give any more advice on foam or printing but I'm keen to see a build thread pop up from you. Happy building!

Awesome, I've only ever build armour from vac formed kits so I can't give any more advice on foam or printing but I'm keen to see a build thread pop up from you. Happy building!
I'm printing the parts for the Magnum sidearm prop now just to get a bit of inspiration. I low key want to do an armor set and Cosplay it as Donut from RvB first, just because he's hilarious.

Hi everyone! I've been active in the Discord Server already and almost forgot to make my formal introduction here - oops.

First Name: Nero
Profession? Student?: Student/Artist
Favorite Hobby: Crafting! I love making props the most.
Favorite part of Halo: I really enjoy the Characters and the Lore as well as the various designs Halo has for everything.
Favorite Halo: Halo Reach
Favorite Video Game: Titanfall 2 & Final Fantasy 14
Other Interests: VR , Drawing , Cosplay
Favorite Food: Sushi and Eel
Favorite Band: I dont really have a favorite Band , however my favorite song is Fly me to the Moon
Favorite Movie(s): Pacific Rim
What do you hope to learn here?: How to build my own Spartans :3
Have you built/made a costume before?: I've been cosplaying since 2011 and have done various Cosplays before as well as Props both Foam and 3D Printed.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: I guess Fursuiting counts? I don't have one right now but plan to eventually make my own :)
Other: Happy to be here! I've been invited here by DistrictCreations and hoping to join the European Regiment once I've got enough posts in , which will probably happen once I start my Build thread on my MK VII I'm planning to finish this year.

Hi everyone! I've been active in the Discord Server already and almost forgot to make my formal introduction here - oops.

First Name: Nero
Profession? Student?: Student/Artist
Favorite Hobby: Crafting! I love making props the most.
Favorite part of Halo: I really enjoy the Characters and the Lore as well as the various designs Halo has for everything.
Favorite Halo: Halo Reach
Favorite Video Game: Titanfall 2 & Final Fantasy 14
Other Interests: VR , Drawing , Cosplay
Favorite Food: Sushi and Eel
Favorite Band: I dont really have a favorite Band , however my favorite song is Fly me to the Moon
Favorite Movie(s): Pacific Rim
What do you hope to learn here?: How to build my own Spartans :3
Have you built/made a costume before?: I've been cosplaying since 2011 and have done various Cosplays before as well as Props both Foam and 3D Printed.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: I guess Fursuiting counts? I don't have one right now but plan to eventually make my own :)
Other: Happy to be here! I've been invited here by DistrictCreations and hoping to join the European Regiment once I've got enough posts in , which will probably happen once I start my Build thread on my MK VII I'm planning to finish this year.
Hey Nero, welcome to the 405th!

Sushi I understand but Eel is a new one for me! I've heard that it's a bit rubbery.
If learning the skills to build your own Spartans is what you want, this is the best place to learn! We have a massive amount of tutorials and other materials you can use to learn how to get started in our great hobby. Check out the armoury and the tutorials section in the forums.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Other Interests:

Aloooha DeMan! If you don't mind me asking, what part of Australia are you from? I'm SE Queensland based so if you're up here I might run into you at some conventions!

Learn To Fly GIF by Foo Fighters

Hello All! Our former Introduce Yourself thread has grown to a massive 421 pages so it is time to lock that one down and start fresh!

First of all - welcome to all of our new family! We want to know all about you, but let's start with these few questions!

First Name:
Profession? Student?:
Favorite part of Halo:
Favorite Halo:
Favorite Video Game:
Other Interests:
Favorite Food:
Favorite Band:
Favorite Movie(s):
What do you hope to learn here?:
Have you built/made a costume before?:
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?:
Other:
First Name: just Shimmy is fine
Profession? Student?: librarian
Favorite Hobby: cosplay
Favorite part of Halo: playing with friends
Favorite Halo: Halo 2 (so far, I'm still working through them all for the first time)
Favorite Video Game: oof, hard one. I love the Fallout universe, KotOR franchise, BioShock franchise, BG3, pretty much any RPG
Other Interests: Star Wars
Favorite Food: can't pick!
Favorite Band: Gorillaz?
Favorite Movie(s): I love anything Ghibli
What do you hope to learn here?: looking for other non-armor halo cosplayers
Have you built/made a costume before?: yes
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: no official ones but I've cosplayed for over 10 years
Other: I'm a bit of a weirdo in these parts as I don't do armor! I'm currently about 98% done with my V.2 of Miranda Keyes (H2A version) and would love to do more variations of her in the future. I would love to know if there's any precedent for 405th members who aren't Spartans/odsts. I've also been featured in Halo Waypoint twice!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back