Introduce Yourself - The Sequel!

First Name: Michael
Profession? Student?:
Currently Technical Manager for a wood polymer composite decking company until tomorrow which is my last day (Friday UK) then start my new job in a week as Senior Designer for a SIP panel outdoor building company
Favorite Hobby: Can't pick one.. 3D Printing, Running & Cyling, Lock Picking (Lock Sport, nothing dodgy)
Favorite part of Halo: The armour and costumes actually
Favorite Halo: Never played the game but a huge fan of the scenes and characters
Favorite Video Game: Oooo that's a tough one.. I'm going old skool and saying Unreal Tournament
Other Interests: Anything tech, AI, AR etc, running, cycling
Favorite Food: Cheese and chocolate.. not together obvs
Favorite Band: Not exactly a band but Morgan Wallen, US country star
Favorite Movie(s): Ready Player One, Point Break, Any Back to the Future film
What do you hope to learn here?: I've been 3D printing for around 4 years but mainly prototypes for functioning parts or replacement parts and i've always wanted to do some cosplay stuff. My main thing is learn about painting and finishing.
Have you built/made a costume before?: Did a Mandalorian helmet a few months back and i've just printed the Halo Master Chief helmet and the suit is next
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Nope
Other: I generally print small parts or batches of parts so i'm looking forward to printing something bigger. I'm hoping to fully print the Halo Master Chief costume (helmet already done) and go to some UK comicons.

Last edited:
First Name: Grace
Profession: Customer Service
Favorite Hobby: Foamsmithing
Favorite part of Halo: Armor and Weaponry.
Favorite Halo: Reach
Favorite Video Game: Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Other Interests: Film, Consumer Tech, and Cosplay.
Favorite Food: Raspberries
Favorite Band: Bring Me The Horizon
Favorite Movie(s): Robocop (1987), Terminator 2: Judgment Day, John Wick, Halloween (2018).
What do you hope to learn here?: Some 3D printing skills, a little more about Halo, and others.
Have you built/made a costume before?:
Yep! I mostly specialize in the animatronic-like costumes from various horror games.
Do you belong to any other costume communities?: No
Other:
The FitnessGram PACER Test is a multistage aerobic capacity test that progressively gets more difficult as it continues.

First Name: Preston
Profession? Student?: Working on my associates degree, but I also work as a part time firefighter when I'm not in school
Favorite Hobby: Video games
Favorite part of Halo: Playing with friends
Favorite Video Game: Probably either Arma 3 or RimWorld
Other Interests: I do scale modeling and read a lot
Favorite Food: Hot dogs
Favorite Band: Favorite band would probably be Rush, but my favorite solo artist probably has to be Alan Jackson
Favorite Movie(s): Starship Troopers
What do you hope to learn here?: Never gotten into cosplay before, so just wanna learn the ropes to start with
Have you built/made a costume before?: Nothing on this scale
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Not yet but definitely looking at the 501st
Other: just excited to get to work on a sweet Halo Cosplay!

First Name: Cody
Profession? Student?: Miserable fast food worker
Favorite Hobby: Coming home after a long shift going into a nice hot shower then relaxing with a hot meal and xbox
Favorite part of Halo: the lore
Favorite Video Game: MCC or Jak ll
Other Interests: surviving day to day
Favorite Food: taco
Favorite Band: Reel Big Fish
Favorite Movie(s): spiderman 1 and 2 (tobey maguire)
What do you hope to learn here?: how to create armor with foam and understand the program and skill to actually be good at it
Have you built/made a costume before?: yes 3 or more mandalorian builds
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: wanted to try the 501st but my costume didnt fit their standards
Other: just am happy and impressed with everyones work also wanna prove to myself that i do have what it takes to build armor i believe in myself i have wanted to be a spartan ever since 6th grade i look forward to showing you all what i got.

First Name: John
Profession? Student?: Currently a student, studying to become a racermechanic.
Favorite Hobby: Going to conventions with friends or Foamsmithing.
Favorite part of Halo: Grew up with Halo since dad bought Halo 1 & 2 on the Xbox.
Favorite Halo: Reach & 3 (ODST)
Favorite Video Game: Idk honestly, have played so many.
Other Interests: Cooking, build on my project car.
Favorite Food: Baconrolled riceballs
Favorite Band: Idk Banjo Kazooie?
Favorite Movie(s): Akira
What do you hope to learn here?: To get better at foamsmithing, have fun to build with some new people and share knowledge.
Have you built/made a costume before?: Yeah, I build my First ODST 2019 during a summer convention with a group of other ODSTs and a spartan, we even went on stage. Tho my costume was bad cuz Concrunch a lot and went with the DFT ODST. However since then ive been gathering new tools and learning techniques and rn building a brand new ODST but a personal touch to it.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Fireteam Nordic (a small swedish group where we share builds, knowledge and well even play MCC online togheter.
Other: So hows ur day going? :d

Hello All! Our former Introduce Yourself thread has grown to a massive 421 pages so it is time to lock that one down and start fresh!

First of all - welcome to all of our new family! We want to know all about you, but let's start with these few questions!

First Name:
Profession? Student?:
Favorite part of Halo:
Favorite Halo:
Favorite Video Game:
Other Interests:
Favorite Food:
Favorite Band:
Favorite Movie(s):
What do you hope to learn here?:
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?:
Other:
first name: Alex
favorite hobby: baking
favorite part of halo: halo 2 bomb cut scene / ce 343 guilty spark level
favorite halo: halo reach or halo ce
favorite video game: destiny
other interests: film
favorite food: fried rice
Favorite Band: Not really a big music guy
Favorite Movies: Zoolander, Dodgeball
What do you hope to learn here: how to properly bond foam, is it difficult to see in the helmets
Have you built/made a costume before?: not specifically halo and nothing quite as complicated as what i hope to do
Do you belong to any other costume communities: i have done costumes for other games but i am not active in any other communities

First Name: Glen
Profession? Student?: Criminal Investigator (Fancy way of saying Detective)
Favorite Hobby: Reading
Favorite part of Halo: Lore. Simply put, give me the lore
Favorite Halo: ODST/Reach
Favorite Video Game: Its pretty self explanatory if I bought the games thrice over
Other Interests: Anime, Fishing, Sword fighting with a Doom Princess over a cupcake
Favorite Food: Ramen
Favorite Band: Depends on the mood
Favorite Movie(s): too many to name
What do you hope to learn here?: To better my production of epic stuff
Have you built/made a costume before?: Nope
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: N/A
Other: When is the PTA Meeting? Jk

First Name: Jake
Profession: Retail
Favorite Hobby: Trying to Cosplay
Favorite part of Halo: The Fall of reach (much sad but great story)
Favorite Halo: Halo Reach
Favorite Video Game: Destiny (the first one if that helps)
Other Interests: I also like trying to table top game, play airsoft, or shoot actual guns at the range,
And Music I love listening to new music and trying to find patterns
Favorite Food: definitely chicken cordon bleu
Favorite Band: Five Finger Death Punch
Favorite Movie(s): Saints & Soldiers
What do you hope to learn here?: Just stuff If all I learn here is what kind of tools/materials to use
I say that's a mission accomplished
Have you built/made a costume before?: Nothing crazy but I did do a Rebel Trooper for a Star wars Project me and some Friends did
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: No
Other: I'm not entirely sure what to put here so I'll just say that things like Star Wars and Halo hold special places in my heart and are what I always seem to come back to no matter where I went

Greetings from Colorful Colorado!

First Name:
Tony

Profession? Student?: Pizzaiolo

Favorite Hobby: Outdoors, gaming, movies, travel

Favorite part of Halo: Sierra 117 & Warthog

Favorite Halo: 3

Favorite Video Game: Warzone, Halo Infinite Star Wars Battlefront II, Rocket league

Other Interests: Outdoors

Favorite Food: Pizza

Favorite Band: Yes

Favorite Movie(s): Jurassic Park, Star Wars, Harry Potter

What do you hope to learn here?: Armor Building skills & events

Have you built/made a costume before?: 2x TK Stormtroopers Anovos & FX

Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: 501st Mountain Garrison

Other: I recently purchased the Disguise Ultra Prestige Halo 4 Costume and will use this to build from. Looking for info on strengthening the armor (spray layers?), Soft suit adjustments, Velcro info and having a friend price the Assault Rifle now, pistol next. Have people attached a pistol to their hips and added a magnet to their rifle & back to mount behind them?

First Name: Edward

Profession? Student?: Dock worker but going for computer science
Favorite Hobby: gaming
Favorite part of Halo: the good ol days
Favorite Halo: Halo 3
Favorite Video Game: halo 3
Other Interests: fresh at making costumes
Favorite Food: steak
Favorite Band: too many mainly 80's 90's

Favorite Movie(s): Spirited Away (absolute masterpiece)

What do you hope to learn here?: confidently making foam armors and props

Have you built/made a costume before?: not once

Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: nope first one

First Name: Paula
Profession? Student?: graphic design
Favorite Hobby: snorkeling and crafts
Favorite part of Halo: I love the books especially Spark's story
Favorite Halo: Halo CE
Favorite Video Game: Halo
Other Interests: most art forms
What do you hope to learn here?: make better art
Have you built/made a costume before?: yes I made a Master Chief costume out of cardboard in middle school/high school (pic attached lol)
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: no

Attachments

• master_chief_meets_his_voice_by_gubreez_d2j9l1r-pre.jpg
    master_chief_meets_his_voice_by_gubreez_d2j9l1r-pre.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 125
First Name: [Real Name Redacted] Lance
Profession? Student?: currently enrolled in college.
Favorite Hobby: drawing! oh and also sewing
Favorite part of Halo: the lore! im a sucker for lore.
Favorite Halo: reach and/or ODST
Favorite Video Game: wow that's a tough one. i like halo, splatoon, and warframe
Other Interests: red vs. blue, plants/carnivorous plants, star wars (especially swtcw)
Favorite Food: do popcorn flavored jellybeans count?
Favorite Band: mmm i dunno. my music taste is all over the place
Favorite Movie(s): not a movie watcher, sorry! i can't sit still for that long LOLL
What do you hope to learn here?: i hope to learn things like how to work with other craft mediums and how to get a better sense of form.
Have you built/made a costume before?: yes! but not well, LOL. scrapped mando helmet here, half-done low poly doberman mask there... but at least i have experience with upholstery foam and other soft parts from plush making experience.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: i'm not active in it, but i wanted to become an official member of the mandalorian mercs
Other: nice to meet you all!

Last edited:
Hello All! Our former Introduce Yourself thread has grown to a massive 421 pages so it is time to lock that one down and start fresh!

First of all - welcome to all of our new family! We want to know all about you, but let's start with these few questions!

First Name:
Profession? Student?:
Favorite part of Halo:
Favorite Halo:
Favorite Video Game:
Other Interests:
Favorite Food:
Favorite Band:
Favorite Movie(s):
Other:
Name:Marc (goes by H@D3z)
Profession: college student
Favourite hobby: creating concept art and fanat of characters(I draw by hand )
Favourite part of halo: it's it's immersive story that gets you really emotionally invested into something that by stereotype is largely without emotion like tha military and machines and how soldiers should act
Favourite halo: halo reach (the only good prequel in my life)
Favourite video game: either halo reach or marvels spiderman both real good games but there is also batman arkham city and the doom remakes damn I have many haha
Other interests : cosplay but that's obvious and I guess my art work I did do army cadets when i was younger so a hobby of mine is defintly being a part of a community ever the extravert
Favourite food : I could eat anything except for bugs horse human, covenant aliens, celery mushroom
Favourite band: linkin Park and imagine dragons but I'm a bit of an eminem fan also (not a band but still)
Favourite movies: back to the future star wars and the MCU movies
What I hope to learn: I want to be able to create my concepts and learn how to successfully integrate my own character into the halo Lore plus I had this place does good templates haha so would love to give it a try
Have you built/made a costume before : aside from commissioning my own concept of spiderman to get made no I guess that doesn't count either because somebody else made it for me. I did make my own joker cosplay once though
Other costs communities: oh I'm definitely a spiderman cosplayer and I do from time to time check out the rpf forum
Other: this sight may be the beginning to a project I'm currently calling frostbite

First Name:
Profession? Student?:
Favorite part of Halo:
Favorite Halo:
Favorite Video Game:
Other Interests:
Favorite Food:
Favorite Band:
Favorite Movie(s):
Other:
I have had to re-register AGAIN as I didn't save my details last time so here we go again!
First Name: TK
Profession? Student?: carer for the elderly
Favorite Hobby: journaling
Favorite part of Halo: all of it
Favorite Halo: i think 4
Favorite Video Game: Spyro (reignited) or original
Other Interests: crafts
Favorite Food: Mango
Favorite Band: Queen
Favorite Movie(s): Free Guy (atm)
What do you hope to learn here?: How to try and build again!
Have you built/made a costume before?: sort of and failed
Other:

First Name: Brady
Profession? Student?: Formerly I was a Deputy and an infantryman in the US Army. I am currently working on disability from the Army. Might start school soon, just don't know what for.
Favorite Hobby: Playing games with the boys and crafting. I spend more time half-assing projects then I finish them so I am working on that.
Favorite part of Halo: Learning the back stories on characters and studying the weapons and vehicles.
Favorite Halo: Halo Reach
Favorite Video Game: Right now, SCUM, but it changes with time.
Other interests: I am interested in most anything that can have a lore. If there is history I am all about it.
Favorite Food: Cheese burgers with fries. Very American.
Favorite Band: I truly don't favor a band, I favor music. If it is a good beat or suits the mood, I am all about it.
Favorite Movie(s): Anything Marvel. Love Marvel.
What do you hope to learn here?: More lore into the Halo Universe and maybe a couple tips on other things along the way.
Have you built/made a costume before?: I have about 8 partials that are literally nowhere near complete.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: No but I have a few friends in the Star Wars 501st and I sometimes make props for them.
Other:

First Name: It's a secret :3
Profession? Student?: Working at a theater, trying to find something better
Favorite Hobby: Video games
Favorite part of Halo: Dumb custom games with friends
Favorite Halo: That one about the planet, I can't remember the name it was something like...Beach?
Favorite Video Game: Fallout New Vegas
Other Interests: D&D and other TTRPGs, anime, making terrible jokes
Favorite Food: A good cheeseburger with garlic fries
Favorite Band: Rubber
Favorite Movie(s): Airplane
What do you hope to learn here?: How to make a costume that satisfies the perfectionist part of my brain. Also get some tips on working with limited space
Have you built/made a costume before?: One completed and a couple partials, but nothing I'm proud of
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Nope
Other: God has once again failed to kill me in my sleep, so everyone has to deal with me for another day

First Name: I go by Soap or Jaeger and I'd rather not tell my irl name
Profession? Student?: Student, I guess
Favorite Hobby: Character design
Favorite part of Halo: The visuals, the lore and the grunts(lol)
Favorite Halo: Halo Reach and Halo Wars 2
Favorite Video Game: Any thing Halo I guess
Other Interests: Cosplay, Gaming
Favorite Food: Pizza and Wraps/Burritos
Favorite Band: I can't choose, I like so many bands
Favorite Movie(s): Fall of Reach, Ready Player One, 6 Days
What do you hope to learn here?: whatever I can I guess
Have you built/made a costume before?: Yes, not much
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Galactic Academy (formerly, too old now lol)
Other: I am a prefectionist and I hate myself for it

First Name: Brandon (or Ashvejlou)
Profession? minimum wage drone (Aspiring fantasy artist, novice author, and Avid Cosplayer)
Favorite Hobby: Creating Art, writing and Cosplay
Favorite part of Halo: The world (Creativity and dynamic world and characters)
Favorite Halo: Halo 3 / Halo ODST
Favorite Video Game: Thats a very difficult question, I have one for each genre
Other Interests: Snowboarding, Mountain Biking, hiking, cosplay
Favorite Food: Spicey Curry
Favorite Band: Born of Osiris
Favorite Movie(s): Zootopia, Avatar, Lord of the Rings
What do you hope to learn here?: Just to be a part of the community, share tips on cosplaying and crafting, and an overall love of halo
Have you built/made a costume before?: I have
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: I do not. This is my first one, Im a rogue cosplayer.
Other: Just here to avoid the toxicity, and really share in the love of the franchise as well as fandom, cosplay and general uplifting support!

First Name: Noah. Character wise I’m sure someone has heard of me, but I go by Darrell Azarov.
Profession: career firefighter/emt
Favorite Hobby: It’s a solid tie between legos and biking
Favorite part of Halo: digging in to the lore
Favorite Halo: Too tough to choose, always been a big fan of contact harvest.
Favorite Video Game: ODST hands down
Other Interests: Too many to count
Favorite Food: Yes. I’m a big guy, so just yes for food.
Favorite Music Genre: Country. Specific band was too difficult to narrow down.
Favorite Movie(s): Only the Brave and We Were Soldiers.
What do you hope to learn here?: How to piece together some armor sets
Have you built/made a costume before?: Very simplistic ones, more so uniforms to match story lines for Milsim airsoft events.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Negative
Other: If you don’t believe Die Hard is a Christmas movie, we can’t be friends. Also IPhone auto correct made this a pain to do.

First Name: Zach
Profession? Student?: Middle School STEM teacher.
Favorite Hobby: 3D printing and cosplay.
Favorite part of Halo: The armor.
Favorite Halo: Reach.
Favorite Video Game: Right now Halo Infinite. It changes depending on what new games get released.
Other Interests: Anything that allows me to be creative.
Favorite Food: Ramen.
Favorite Band: Iprevail, really enjoy anything metal.
Favorite Movie(s): Star Wars.
What do you hope to learn here?: Better ways to strap up armor and hold it all together.
Have you built/made a costume before?: I've made a few costumes out of EVA foam but I would like to transition to mainly 3D printing.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Nope.
Other: Hope to be able to help out others with my knowledge of 3D printing! It's nice to meet y'all. Hope you have a great day!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back