Introduce Yourself - The Sequel!

Man it's been a minute since I've been on forums but let's DO THIS. *cracks knuckles*

First Name: Tyler
Profession?: Aircraft Fuel Systems Technician Supervisor for the USAF
Favorite Hobby: Definitely have the most fun with fellow costumers. Everyone tends to be themselves and allow me to do the same.

Favorite part of Halo: The memories.

Favorite Halo: Halo 3

Favorite Video Game: StarFox 64

Other Interests: Cars, Percussion

Favorite Food: Chicken wings. Hands down. Buffalo style. Lots of sauce. Get lost in the sauce.

Favorite Band: I listen to such a variety that's tough to pin down.

Favorite Movie(s): Star Wars and a huge list surely no one will read right?

What do you hope to learn here?: New techniques and a different way of doing business. I'm very interested in learning what does and doesn't work with Halo costuming and how my current kit and prop knowledge can be expounded upon.

Have you built/made a costume before?: *insert Dr. Who "OH YES" gif here*

Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: I am an 8 year member of the 501st Legion, TK-5492. I started with the Japanese Garrison before moving to the Georgia Garrison.

Other: I'll say basically what I said on FB: Like many of you, Halo has been a part of my life since day one with the OG Xbox and CE. I haven't branched out much from Star Wars costuming and props but finally at a place in life where I'm starting to do so. I've known about the 405th for years and recently reached out (quite by fortunate mistake) to an admin who turned out to be Angela Mash, the CO! She was immediately welcoming and very helpful and I feel really motivated to become a part of what appears to be another incredibly talented community. I have a lot more I feel like I could say and feel I have some good experience to bring to the table. For now, I'll leave it at that and I look forward to working with and hopefully doing events with many of you soon. It's humbling to see the quality and talent here so I can't wait to learn from you all and valuably contribute as well. Thanks!
Air force huh? If I might as wherenare you stationed at? I'm am Aircrew Flight Equipment technician

NickName: Wolfie or Jolt (not sure which I'm going to carry over to my Halo character lol)
Profession? Student?: I am am Aircrew Flight Equipment technician for the air force! Meaning I make sure all that planes and pilots fly with good safety equipment
Favorite Hobby: video games
Favorite part of Halo: The story and lore
Favorite Halo: tie between ODST and Reach
Favorite Video Game: idk if I can pick one lol
Other Interests: I play guitar, star wars and all sort of nerd stuff
Favorite Food: idk if I can really pick one
Favorite Band: Foo Fighters and a lot of classic classic bands
Favorite Movie(s): MCU movies
What do you hope to learn here?: Confidence and armor building
Have you built/made a costume before?: I made a biker scout armor for the 501st (with a lot of help)
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: 501st
Other: I can't wait to begin my journey here with the 405th. I am currently deployed but I will be home soon and I'll be working on an ODST armor set, then if I get good at that I'll probably start a spartan set.

Thanks yall <3

First Name: Alex
Profession? Student?: currently unemployed
Favorite Hobby: gunpla
Favorite part of Halo: the lore!
Favorite Halo: Zeta Halo
Favorite Video Game: honestly not sure, always been bad at choosing favorites!
Other Interests: Lego, 3d printing
Favorite Food: pizza
Favorite Band: Miracle of Sound
Favorite Movie(s): Star Wars
What do you hope to learn here?: how to make an awesome Spartan costume!
Have you built/made a costume before?: sort of, I made half of one and gave up
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: yes, the Mandalorian Mercs Costume Club

Hello All! Our former Introduce Yourself thread has grown to a massive 421 pages so it is time to lock that one down and start fresh!

First of all - welcome to all of our new family! We want to know all about you, but let's start with these few questions!

First Name:
Profession? Student?:
Favorite part of Halo:
Favorite Halo:
Favorite Video Game:
Other Interests:
Favorite Food:
Favorite Band:
Favorite Movie(s):
What do you hope to learn here?:
Have you built/made a costume before?:
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?:
Other:
My name is Judah

I fix bathtubs(fiberglass, acrylic, cast iron, steel, plastic, etc. Refinishing/restorations of tubs, sinks, and countertops. Electromechanical work on spas and hot tubs.

BBA/HR

27 years old

Current favorite hobby is reef keeping.

Master Chief has always been my favorite part of Halo.

The Bungie Halo games are all my favorite, but I thoroughly enjoy what 343 has done.

I like any sushi, Linkin Park, and Gladiator is one of my favorite movies.

I hope to get some insight and direction on how to build my own suit of armor. I feel that with my knowledge of frp and the craft/experience from my business, I can accomplish this.

This will be my first time building a costume, but I’m not in a hurry and plan to take things one
step at a time.

Thanks for reading.

First name: dale
Job: environmental officer
Favourite hobby: making my odst armour and collecting halo mcx
Favourite part of halo: the lore and how expansive it is
Favourite Halo: odst
Favourite game: 2042
Other interests:
Favourite food: Chinese
Favourite band: sasas
Favourite movie(s): saving private Ryan
What do you hope to learn here?: how to 3d print /make armour and props
Have you built/made a costume before?: no I’ve started customising an xcoser helmet and assembled a 3d printed m6c socom
Do you belong to any other costume communities? No this is is my first
Other: I’m hoping to make my own odst armour and find people to go to cons with in the uk

First Name: Santiago but you can call me Santi for short.
Profession? Student?: I am in High School, but my profession is Voice Acting (I do commissions)
Favorite Hobby: Playing Halo and Cosplaying! And also, Voice Acting!
Favorite part of Halo: The Spartan Program. I know all about it, from the Orion Project, all the way to the Spartan IVs!
Favorite Halo: I love Halo 3 and Reach, but my personal favorite Halo game is Halo 4.
Favorite Video Game: Star Wars Battlefront II (2005)
Other Interests: Collecting Halo/Star Wars related figures, helmets. I'm also a history buff!
Favorite Food: Any type of Steak
Favorite Band: Probably AC/DC
Favorite Movie(s): Revenge of the Sith Halo 4: Forward unto Dawn, and American Sniper. I have so many other favorite movies.
What do you hope to learn here?: I'm wanting to learn how to properly make a Halo Armor out of foam, and hopefully get to 3d Printing!
Have you built/made a costume before?: No, but I did buy that Halo 5 Master Chief armor from Amazon, but I don't know if that counts for 405th Standards.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Not at the moment, No.
Other: I hope to make a lot of new friends here in the 405th, and I'm hoping to make my Halo 4 Spartan's Armor in the future! I'm looking forward for my very first con! This will mark my entry into the Cosplaying World and I'm excited!

Hello All! Our former Introduce Yourself thread has grown to a massive 421 pages so it is time to lock that one down and start fresh!

First of all - welcome to all of our new family! We want to know all about you, but let's start with these few questions!

First Name:
Profession? Student?:
Favorite part of Halo:
Favorite Halo:
Favorite Video Game:
Other Interests:
Favorite Food:
Favorite Band:
Favorite Movie(s):
Other:
Hey, how's everyone doing :) I don't usually like to participate in things and I usually sit back from afar but I feel comfortable enough to join this family. so lets get into it!

First Name: Michael aka NoLifeStack

Profession? Student?: Currently a Canadian Student going to school in Kentucky!

Favorite Hobby: College football, Building PC's, and Scuba diving

Favorite part of Halo: Everything but if I had to pick it would be Emile-A239 skull helmet

Favorite Halo: Halo 3 where my journey started

Favorite Video Game: Halo 3 and Modern Warfare 3

Other Interests: 3d printing, jailbreaking iPhones, spending time outdoors in nature

Favorite Food: Perogies and cabbage rolls :)

Favorite Band: Eminem, Mac Miller and Metallica

Favorite Movie(s): these are old movies but are bangers: the original Omega man and Showtime

What do you hope to learn?: I came here with one task and one task only, learn how to design and make my own full scale master suit/props using a 3d printer

Have you built/made a costume before?: I have never made anything like this before but people in this community such as Mr. Sizzlac have been very helpful enough to guide me through the process of making my own Halo costume!

Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: I am not part of any community except this amazing one

Other: Currently I am already level 100 battle pass and Diamond 6 ranked in Halo Infinite! also I'm always down to meet new people and learn new things, you could find me here or on twitch and YouTube NoLifeStack

Let's do this!

First Name: Chloe (Roux is preferred)
Profession? Student?: Pharmacy Technician
Favorite Hobby: Drawing and trooping
Favorite part of Halo: Exploration and exposure to different aliens.
Favorite Halo: Halo 2 for sure
Favorite Video Game: Star Wars: Republic Commando
Other Interests: Star Wars, Mass Effect, any sci-fi game really
Favorite Food: Asian or Hispanic food for sure
Favorite Band:
Favorite Movie(s): Star Wars V and III
What do you hope to learn here?: How to put together and build armor!
Have you built/made a costume before?: I've built one, yes!
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: 501st Legion, Vader's Fist
Other:

First Name: Nathan (go by Nate usually)
Profession: Student (CompSci)
Favorite Hobby: 3d Printing
Favorite Part of Halo: the grappleshot
Favorite Halo: Halo 2 on heroic, anniversary graphics.
Favorite Video Game: KOTOR II
Favorite Food: Coney Dogs
Favorite Band: Tossup between Queen and Rare Americans
Favorite Movie: The Princess Bride
What do you hope to learn here? How to finish a project I started and got bored of.
Have you build/made a costume before? I'm working on my first one right now, I'll probably make a thread about it soon.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? Not yet, but I hope to get into some more mandalorian focused stuff.

First Name: Loris
Profession? Student?: I'm studying safety engineering in the field of fire and civil protection. If I'm lucky, I can start my training as a federal police officer this year.
Favorite Hobby: Being a volunteer firefighter
Favorite part of Halo: The profundity of the universe, that the characters are not superficial drawn, but have depth. Last but no least the books. :)
Favorite Halo: Yeah, Halo Infinite is awesome but the first Halo is the godfather!
Favorite Video Game: Halo, Assassins Creed
Other Interests: History (specially the german), politics
Favorite Food: pasta
Favorite Band: Linkin Park, Disturbed, Eskimo Callboy, Korn and many more :ninja:
Favorite Movie(s): I am Legend, Interstellar
What do you hope to learn here?: The ability to better express and converse in English and to work in more detail.
Have you built/made a costume before?: No, not before I joined the 405th. At the moment I have a Halo 3 Marine and Cap. Keyes. Right now I am working on a new Marine armor because the old one looks wracked.
Other: I am part of the 405th since 2018, my first account is MIA so I created a new one and my plan is to be more active with this account than with the last one. :)

Last edited:
First Name: Beecher
Profession? Student?: 3D Animator currently working in gaming
Favorite Hobby: Playing soccer, cooking, resin work
Favorite part of Halo: the community
Favorite Halo: Halo 3
Favorite Video Game: Halo, BOTW
Other Interests: Reading, Biking
Favorite Food: Indian food
Favorite Band: Coheed and Cambria
Favorite Movie(s): Oceans 11
What do you hope to learn here?: How to make foam armor
Have you built/made a costume before?: Never
Other:

First Name: Ryan
Profession? Student?: in my freshman year at a college
Favorite Hobby: Collecting action figures
Favorite part of Halo: Story
Favorite Halo: Reach
Favorite Video Game: Ghostbusters: The Video Game
Other Interests: as suggested above, Ghostbusters and 3D printing
Favorite Food: Quesadillas
Favorite Band: Electric Light Orchestra (ELO)
Favorite Movie(s): Ghostbusters I, Ghostbusters II, and Ghostbusters: Afterlife
What do you hope to learn here?: Hopefully even more techniques for building (mostly painting) armor. I'd like to expand into more Star Wars later on down the line.
Have you built/made a costume before?: yes! I have made a Mandalorian in the past and a Ghostbuster.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: I am a member of Ghostbusters, Virginia.
Other: nothin'

Hey everyone! New to the cosplay world but I've been a halo fanatic since '01, and now that 3d printing is a thing and I get a big boy paycheque I think it's about time I embody my spartan at long last. Stoked to see such a vibin community exists for this!

First Name: Scott, or Pancake
Profession? Student?: Currently a student, learning Cyber Security
Favorite Hobby: Paintball
Favorite part of Halo: the memories and stories made with friends over the last 20 years
Favorite Halo: Reach or Infinite, hard to say. 3 VERY close behind those.
Favorite Video Game: like franchise? Either Halo, Elder Scrolls or Mass Effect
Other Interests: D&D, 3D Printing, Comics, Bushcraft
Favorite Food: Tacos, absofruitly tacos. Second being steak
Favorite Band: well this is an impossible question to answer I listen to such a weird variety of music and what I'm really into flows into other genres quite often. Right now I'm on a rather extended electro swing kick
Favorite Movie(s): ..... pass? I can't even focus enough on the stupid amount of movies I've watched to discern a favourite lol
What do you hope to learn here?: some tips and tricks for 3d printing MJOLNIR armour, how to make a good looking undersuit, and definitely most important, how to keep dog hair away from my printer I'm at war out here and I'm losing fam
Have you built/made a costume before?: No I have not, I'm very excited to learn whatever I can though.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: No I am not, this is my first
Other: ....... uhhh nope, I got nothin.

Last edited:
First Name: Calder
Profession? Student
Favorite Hobby: Lego
Favorite part of Halo: Warthog runs and armor customization
Favorite Halo: Halo reach
Favorite Video Game: Doom 2016
Other Interests: Lego, bike-riding, reading, watching movies
Favorite Food: I'm not sure
Favorite Band: MF DOOM
Favorite Movie(s): 1917 and zombieland
What do you hope to learn here?: I want to make life sized armor for halloween and whenever I feel like wearing it.
Have you built/made a costume before?: No
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: No
Other:

First Name:
Profession? Student?:
Favorite part of Halo:
Favorite Halo:
Favorite Video Game:
Other Interests:
Favorite Food:
Favorite Band:
Favorite Movie(s):
Other:
First Name: Timotej, or Timothy in English
Profession? Student?: 8th grade elementary
Favorite Hobby: Playing saxophone and halo
Favorite part of Halo: Blowing up big stuff
Favorite Halo: Infinite or 3
Favorite Video Game: Halo (1-3, reach, odst, 4, 5, wars, wars 2, infinite)
Other Interests: Playing Airsoft with the fellas
Favorite Food: fried chicken with baked potato
Favorite Band: I like Periphery
Favorite Movie(s): Whiplash, Dark knight trilogy
What do you hope to learn here?: I hope to learn how to do a nice spartan
Have you built/made a costume before?: Nope :/
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Also nope, this is the first one.

Hi everyone! My name is Joe and I'm finally joining the forum. I've actually started a Halo cosplay on two different occasions (the earliest being about five years ago), but due to life circumstances, the only component I still have is a helmet that I'll probably wind up redoing. I'm in grad school now, and I'm planning to use my very limited time to finally build a full set of Reach armor out of foam.

First Name: Joe
Profession? Student?: grad student studying architecture in Denver, and working part-time to pay for school
Favorite Hobby: rock climbing
Favorite part of Halo: the lore!!
Favorite Video Game: also Reach, but favorite non-Halo game is probably Skyrim
Other Interests: art, playing music, cocktails, cooking, anything outdoors
Favorite Food: cheese enchiladas
Favorite Band: Weezer
Favorite Movie: The Secret Life of Walter Mitty
What do you hope to learn here?: I want to elevate my craft and make some rad cosplays
Have you built/made a costume before?: A few, the most significant one being a set of Mandalorian armor (from foam, so not good enough for the Mercs)
Do you belong to any other costume communities? I have an account on Mandalorian Mercs, but not a costume that meets their CRL's

Hey everyone!

First name: Danny, but I go by Zealand
Profession: Aircraft mechanic, general aviation
Favorite hobby: Building things, particularly model airplanes
Favorite part of Halo: Tough one... Maybe the complicated state of affairs involving the colonies just before first contact with the Covenant. Very thought-provoking. Or the sense of impending doom throughout Reach.
Favorite Halo: Reach, followed closely by CE
Favorite videogame: Skyrim
Other interests: Oil/acrylic painting, papercraft models, sci-fi/fantasy novels, and D&D (still a beginner)
Favorite food: Depends on my mood, but often pizza
Favorite band: Also depends on my mood. Lately, I've been on a Seven/Like A Storm/Killswitch Engage kick
Favorite movies: Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Spaceballs (Who could've known?), and Avatar
What do you hope to learn here? I hope to learn to work with EVA foam, create mirrored visors, and paint realistic metallic finishes. I also hope to connect with others who like building and creating things.
Have you made/built a costume before? Not unless we're counting Halloween costumes. But I'm currently gearing up to start my first cosplay build: my MJOLNIR Mk V from Reach, complete with MA37 and M6B.
Do you belong to other costume communities? If so, which one(s)? No, I'm completely new to the scene.
Other: I've always been interested in cosplay and prop building, but never really got around to trying it until now. I'd always had some excuse not to, but over time I realized that if I don't make time for it, I'll never get to do it. So here I am, finally getting out of my own way, and I'm chomping at the bit to build something cool!

First Name: Evin
Profession?: 5.11 Customer Service Rep
Favorite Hobby: Motorcycling and Shooting
Favorite part of Halo: The storyline
Favorite Video Game: Ace Combat and Halo series
Other Interests: Learning how to cosplay and make armor
Favorite Food: it depends on my mood
Favorite Band: Rush, Breaking Benjamin, FFDP, various others
Favorite Movie(s): Top Gun and The Rock (with Sean Connery)
What do you hope to learn here?: How to build a costume
Have you built/made a costume before?: No
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Umbrella Corporation Soldier Cosplay Interest
Other:
From Idaho, U.S.A., and have loved Halo since CE. I'm super excited to see a series with Chief is FINALLY being released and hold high expectations.

I initially found the Facebook page, and then joined here. I'd love to make an urban odst outfit like pictured (not sure about the shoulder armor yet) or a cross of an Umbrella Corporation Soldier and ODST

Attachments

• tactical_urban_odst_by_lordhayabusa357_dboa4d3-pre.jpg
    tactical_urban_odst_by_lordhayabusa357_dboa4d3-pre.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 104
First Name: Isaac
Profession? Student?: Student
Favorite Hobby: Crafting props/costumes.
Favorite part of Halo: The sheer amount of extensive lore and multigenerational worldbuilding
Favorite Halo: Either 3 or Reach
Favorite Video Game: To pick just one would be a disservice to all the rest, but Super Mario Galaxy brings so much nostalgia it's hard to even think of the name without being flooded with memories.
Other Interests: I love photography and experimenting with physical space, capturing things in a way that many people think can only be done in photoshop.
Favorite Food: Lot's of things, I'm not very picky. If I had to choose I'd solidly go with roasted potatoes.
Favorite Band: Of Monster's and Men, followed by Owl City and Surfaces
Favorite Movie(s): Lord of the Rings trilogy
What do you hope to learn here?: I hope to learn more about the community side of building and the tips and tricks people have to offer.
Have you built/made a costume before?: I've built a full Edward Elric cosplay from scratch, but all through my life I used to augment or craft my own Halloween costumes, and I've always had an interest in mask making - namely out of cardboard until just recently.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Nope
Other: I like mountain biking and Minecraft too

First Name: James
Profession? machinist
Favorite Hobby: Craft Hobbies
Favorite part of Halo: ODST's! Feet First!
Favorite Halo: Overall? Hard call, 1,2,3 hold fond memories for me. 3 ODST cause you get to play as the best soldiers but been playing a lot of Infinite and loving it for the most part.
Other Interests: Building Lego and cars
What do you hope to learn here?: Working on my first 3d printed ODST build, here for the collective knowledge and files
Have you built/made a costume before?: First try!
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: None

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back