Introduce Yourself - The Sequel!

First Name: Elisabeth
Profession/Student: I am military and to supplement my paycheck I do small 3D Graphics and VFX work, 3D printing and Web designer etc.
Favorite Hobby: Gamming, Enduro/Downhill (MTB), Use 3D Printers, work with 3D Graphics e VFX, Shopping ecc.
Favorite part of Halo: All Halo Saga
Favorite Halo: Halo Reach, Halo 3 e Halo Infinite.
Favorite Video Game: Halo Saga, MassEffect, Destiny2, Titanfall 2, Starcraft 2, Wow/W3, ecc
Other Interests: My interests are: science, technology, food e D&D, architecture and mountain bikes
Favorite Food: All Italian cuisine, but in particular there is one the "italian fried dumpling"
Favorite Band: I don't have a particular band I like in general a little bit everything
Favorite Movie(s): LOTR, Star Trek, Star Wars.... a little bit of all movies o tv series
What do you hope to learn here?:
I hope to improve and learn some techniques to improve the production of a Spartan armor or some tips to make certain components come off easily, for dont break them when u need to go in bathroom o change parts of armors with another accessory parts armor or wearing up more quickly.

Have you built/made a costume before?:
I've made armor in the past, but even though it was made relatively well, but you could tell something wasn't quite right.
After 7 years that armor doesn't fit me anymore, many parts of it, not only because I changed the look completely.
This time knowing 3D and having more experience also with 3D printers I wanted to do something well done and the advice is definitely very useful.
I hope to get lots of suggestions and help, for the whole semi-realistic coloring part.

Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: No.

Other:

1. I tell the truth to people's faces and many times people can't stand me or don't understand me.
2. I like science and technology and am a big fan.
3. Science fiction and fantasy are cool!
4. I advocate for the Dark Side of the Force and own a sith red sword. I own 2 Red swords and one Yellow sword. (just to make my dad happy)
5. I can't stand people who are unhelpful or have limitations, especially with me.
6. I belong to the LGBT+ community
7.I'm German and Italian, I got the best parts of both.... or maybe not.

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. (Arthur c. Clarke)

Hi Everyone,

I've been looking into building a foam armor for a few years now. I've watched a lot of YouTube videos and purchased the materials. But I'm busy with my other hobbies (EUC) and very lazy, so I got no where with the build. I purchased a used armor online and it needs work. I'll be modifying the plastic pieces to work with my riding gear, which is already very similar to the protected areas as a Halo armor (minus projectile protection). I couldn't use the Mandalorian or the Stormtrooper armor because those helmet designs limits the field of view severely while riding my EUC at 14 to 35 mph. Going to spray paint my EUC to match UNSC color scheme.

Oops... I didn't read
First Name: James
Profession: IT Professional
Favorite Hobby: Electric Unicycle (EUC)
Favorite part of Halo: Helmet
Favorite Halo: The Armor
Favorite Video Game: Starcraft 2 (Beta Tester), Overwatch
Other Interests: Prepping for Zombie Apocalypse
Favorite Food: Kao Fu: Braised Wheat Gluten with mushrooms (It took me decades to figure out Kao Fu is Gluten)
Favorite Band: Alan Walker, Pascal, Barlas, Steve Aoki, Moguai, Yves V, Dynoro, Deadmau5
Favorite Movie(s): Dune, any Marvel movies, Star Wars, Star Trek
What do you hope to learn here?: Undersuit and where to get a good one
Have you built/made a costume before?: No, only modify off the shelf
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Mandalorian FB Group
Other: OneWheel DFW, Electric Unicycle DFW, Electric Unicycle dot org, Sur Ron USA, DFW ESK8 Alliance, Austin OneWheel, etc.

1651245824087.png

Hate to do it, but I have to take this helmet apart and glue it to a full face mountain bike helmet.

Last edited:
Hello everyone, its my first day and excited to create new relationships with everyone!!!

First Name: Omar
Profession? Student?: Im am a sous chef and I also own a candle company.
Favorite Hobby: I enjoy reading, and love gaming.
Favorite part of Halo: The beginning mission of Halo CE when the pillar of autumn exits the space slip (forgot the name of it) and we get introduced to the first Halo
Favorite Halo: Honestly I love Halo reach and Halo 3
Favorite Video Game: I got a few, first is none other than halo, then its bio shock, mass effect and fallout.
Other Interests: Reading, Cooking, Personal development.
Favorite Food: Ceviche, Steaks
Favorite Band: I enjoy rap so my favorite artists are J Cole, Eminem, Hopsin, NF I got a few.
Favorite Movie(s): Ready player 1
What do you hope to learn here?: would actually love to learn how to make my own spartan costume.
Have you built/made a costume before?: Never
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: no
Other:

im an introvert, I have 2 halo tattoos and planning on getting more, I also collect a lot of halo merchandise.

First Name: Natsuko, friends call me Zaku and Nat
Profession? Student?: In 11th grade studying chemistry and 3d cad modeling
Favorite Hobby: Gaming and crafting armor and weapons
Favorite part of Halo: Literally every multiplayer game mode. Campaigns and lore, and definitely Nascar Pro/Speed halo
Favorite Halo: Reach and Infinite
Favorite Video Game: Halo Infinite, reach, mcc
Other Interests: Streaming and playing vrchat
Favorite Food: Sushi
Favorite Band: Daft Punk
Favorite Movie(s): Forward Unto Dawn and The Batman 2022
What do you hope to learn here?: Skills for making armor better
Have you built/made a costume before?: YES
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Sadly no

Attachments

• IMG_1940.JPG
    IMG_1940.JPG
    116.6 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_1941.JPG
    IMG_1941.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_1942.JPG
    IMG_1942.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_1943.JPG
    IMG_1943.JPG
    100.6 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_3352.JPG
    IMG_3352.JPG
    108.4 KB · Views: 96
  • JOLL1990.JPG
    JOLL1990.JPG
    443.8 KB · Views: 104
First Name: Ricky
Profession: Optical Engineer
Favorite Hobby: 3d Printing
Favorite part of Halo: Halo 3 'Halo' (final mission) or Reach 'Long night' hard to say
Favorite Halo: Reach
Favorite Video Game: No Mans Sky, Titanfall II, Ace Combat series
Other Interests: Drones! I'm part 107 certified and I'm starting to get things prepared to get a private pilots license as well!
Favorite Food: I love food its impossible to say...
Favorite Band: Lincoln Park, Odeza, Fox Stevenson
Favorite Movie(s): Ironman series (really most of the MCU movies)
What do you hope to learn here?: Painting, I suck at painting...
Have you built/made a costume before?: I've cosplayed lowish effort things at cons and am finally working on high effort cosplays cons.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: This is my first one!
Other: Super excited to find you all. Totally last minute thing that I'm working on a 3d printed spartan gen III MK VII armor for phoenix fan fusion. I have 3 printers running nearly 24/7 to make it in time....fingers crossed. I'll upload some photos when its done!

Hi everyone! I've been watching the 405th for many years now and have always been an aspiring Halo Cosplayer. I have stuck with Halo since CE and will for a long time. I'm based in Seattle and currently working on a full Infinite Mk.VII suit so later on don't be shy if you see me at any Cons! I've attached a picture of my cosplay in its current state and hope to finish it this year.

The suit is made with a combination of cardboard and foam to maximize flexibility while maintaining rigidity depending on the area. While the suit is made of soft materials I am looking into different options for hardening so you can see my work for many years to come.

First Name: Jefferson
Profession? Student?: Parts Advisor in training at an automotive EV company
Favorite Hobby: Spending time with the Wife, fur babies (two cats), and attending to other creative hobbies other than cosplay
Favorite part of Halo: Halo CE: 343 Guilty Spark and the reveal of The Flood
Favorite Halo: Halo 3, Halo 5 Forge
Favorite Video Game: Halo 2, Halo 3 (I really love Halo)
Other Interests: Photography, Cars, anything else tech
Favorite Food: Sashimi, many other Asian cuisines
Favorite Band: Not really a band, but a listen to a lot of Joji - other than that, my music tastes are quite varied depending on my mood
Favorite Movie(s): I truly enjoy anything Star Wars and Marvel so you'll always catch me up on the new shows!
What do you hope to learn here?: I'm looking to establish myself in this amazing community as I've watched pretty much all the videos on Youtube about 405th at Cons and hope to be a part of you all and be friends
Have you built/made a costume before?: Only helmets before. I've made two ODST helmets out of foam and they were rough but here I am!
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: nada, this is my first one :D
Other: If you'd like to connect with me via other social media, follow my Instagram @Awkward.Vertices I post updates on my cosplay when I can there. I hope to meet many of you and can't wait to see what you've made. Thanks for having me!

278397945_4751896348272823_1919764392762063168_n.jpg

First Name: David
Profession? Student?: Tax accountant
Favorite Hobby: Cosplay
Favorite part of Halo: fall of Reach
Favorite Video Game: Skyrim
Other Interests: Photography, painting, hiking, kayaking
Favorite Food: Steak
Favorite Band: Florence + The Machine
Favorite Movie(s): Dark Knight, Empire Strikes Back
What do you hope to learn here?: 3d printing armor
Have you built/made a costume before?: Yes, several
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Star Wars & Star Trek
Other: I'd occasionally played the games before, but got hooked by the TV series. Looking to start with an Infinite MC build.

First Name: John Djarin
Profession? Super soldier turned lone gun slinger, making my way across the galaxy
Age: Ambiguous, born a long time ago, living 500 years in the future
Favorite Hobby: Sharpening knives on my beskar-infused Titanium A alloy, bringing people in warm or cold, long walks on the beach with Grogu
Favorite part of Halo: Grunt Birthday Party skull
Favorite Halo: 3
Favorite Video Game: Halo
Other Interests: Star Wars
Favorite Food: Anything I can eat without taking off the helmet
Favorite Band: The Cantina Band
Favorite Movie(s): Rogue One
What do you hope to learn here?: Who does the laundry for the suits?
Have you built/made a costume before?: This is my first suit
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Mandalorian Mercs
Other: First time wearing the suit will be at MEGACON Orlando 21-22 May

Hello All! Our former Introduce Yourself thread has grown to a massive 421 pages so it is time to lock that one down and start fresh!

First of all - welcome to all of our new family! We want to know all about you, but let's start with these few questions!

First Name:
Profession? Student?:
Favorite part of Halo:
Favorite Halo:
Favorite Video Game:
Other Interests:
Favorite Food:
Favorite Band:
Favorite Movie(s):
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?:
Other:
First Name: Kaitlyn
Profession? Student?: I'm a Nurses Aide & A student
Favorite Hobby: Cosplaying & Singing
Favorite part of Halo: Honestly not sure. I love halo as a whole.
Favorite Halo: Undecided. Currently playing through the whole series
Favorite Video Game: Halo & Animal Crossing
Other Interests: Karaoke, Art & Figure collecting
Favorite Food: Pizza
Favorite Band: Shinedown
Favorite Movie(s): Forward Unto Dawn
What do you hope to learn here?: I hope to learn how to build my own halo suit (And other armor & props) so become better at Cosplay.
Have you built/made a costume before?: Yes... Only fabric though
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Yes. KC Cosplay & Photography, Jim's Database of local cosplayers, & KC Cosplayers Gatherings
Other: I have a mild Halo obsession. I have a ton of Halo stuff, spent $220 on Steve Downes, bought an Xbox Series X along with all Halo games (I only played on friend's consoles in the past), along with many other things... I mean now I'm also building a suit

Hello All! Our former Introduce Yourself thread has grown to a massive 421 pages so it is time to lock that one down and start fresh!

First of all - welcome to all of our new family! We want to know all about you, but let's start with these few questions!

First Name:
Profession? Student?:
Favorite part of Halo:
Favorite Halo:
Favorite Video Game:
Other Interests:
Favorite Food:
Favorite Band:
Favorite Movie(s):
Other:
Thank you.

1. Jon
2. Photographer / Gamer
3. 31
4. Filmmaking and Outdoor activities
5.The story, such a vast universe such intense and interesting Lore. I love everything about it. I've been a Halo Mega Fan since Halo was created.
6. Halo 2.
7. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
8. Dirtbiking, everything outdoors.
9. Chinese Food/Japanese food.
Hot and Sour Soup and Sushi.
10. Favorite (band) Artist is Colter Wall.
11. Indiana Jones: Last Crusade (got me into filmmaking as well, as a kid).
12. How to build, better.
13. I used to be a professional Cosplayer, I've been an Art Director and Art Designer, Prop Master, etc. on film sets as well and a part of a Cosplay Creation company start up as a co-owner. But, believe it or not, I've never done a Halo build. Never had the time and money. Always wanted to though. I can't wait to make my first.
I do not, none with an actual title/label.

Thanks for the questions, glad to be here.

First Name:
Profession? Student?:
Favorite part of Halo:
Favorite Halo:
Favorite Video Game:
Other Interests:
Favorite Food:
Favorite Band:
Favorite Movie(s):
Other:

First Name: Cory​

Profession? Student?: Navy Vet, currently student

Favorite Hobby: video games

Favorite part of Halo: all of it

Favorite Video Game: no mans sky

Other Interests: guitar, star wars

Favorite Food: sushi

Favorite Band: incubus

Favorite Movie(s): coco

What do you hope to learn here?: how to create my own armor to cosplay

Have you built/made a costume before?: no

First name: Will
Profession: driver
Favourite Hobby: WH40K
Fav part of Halo: co-op campaign
Fav Halo: Reach
Fav video game: Super Metroid
Other Interests: NERF/Dart tag. Combat robots
Food: Mediterranean Mezze
Fav Band: Gorillaz, Daft Punk
Fav Movie: Redline
Hope to learn: 3d printing and other methods to make a costume, and how to confidently wear one.
Never built one before, nor been part of any similar community.

Hi everybody! Long-time lurker on this site, but now that I'm actually going to start making something, I figure I should introduce myself!

Name: Teddy
Profession: University Engineering Student
Favorite Hobby: Video games? (idk, is that really a hobby?)
Favorite Part of Halo: Subtextual story
Favorite Halo: REEAAAAACH
Favorite Video Game: Unknown, there are too many!
Other Interests: I'm big on VR games, they combine entertainment with physical movement pretty well. Beat Saber really gets the heart rate going!
Favorite Food: idk, but I guess anything noodle-based can be pretty ubiquitous, so let's go with that
Favorite Movie(s): Star Wars, Gone With the Wind, The Prince of Egypt
What do you Hope to Learn Here?: proper technique for foam prop building
Have you Ever Built a Costume Before?: A few years ago, I built myself a MK V chest piece. It was okay, but the glue-work was a little shoddy and overall I knew it could be better
Do you Belong to Any Other Costuming Communities?: No

Hi everyone! I have been here for about a year and just started my own thread but I never introduced myself!

First Name: Nathan
Profession? Student?: Learning 3D modeling
Favorite Hobby: model/prop making/painting
Favorite part of Halo: Completing the Vidmaster challenges to get the recon armor in Halo 3
Favorite Halo: Reach or 3
Favorite Video Game: The Destiny games
Other Interests: I really enjoy spending time with my cat Caesar and playing Phasmophobia with my buddies
Favorite Food: Steak and cheese quesadillas
Favorite Band: I actually don't listen too music to often but I like a lot of the Disney music
Favorite Movie(s): All of the Star wars movies. too difficult to pick just one
What do you hope to learn here?: Everything from better painting techniques to foamsmithing
Have you built/made a costume before?: I printed a MK V (b)/MK VII hybrid suit and I'm currently working on a Halo 3 MCC Recon/ODST spartan suit
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Not right now
Other: I remember stumbling across some early 405th posts and wanting to make my own armor. The first helmets that I ever had were actually bought from others in the 405th and I still have them today

First Name: Kylie

Profession? Student?: Student working to become a registered nurse

Favorite Hobby: 3d printing and art

Favorite part of Halo: the battles that take place

Favorite Halo: Halo 3 or Reach

Favorite Video Game: I do a lot of VR games and play a ton of larger franchise games, halo, Starwars battlefront.

Other Interests: I draw and do digital art in my free time as well as 3d printing random things i find

Favorite Food: Anything that anyone offers me

Favorite Band: Royal Deluxe or Set it Off

Favorite Movie(s): Starwars and Marvel movies

What do you hope to learn here?: I hope to learn some ways to make my first halo build a success. Learn some new tips and tricks, and just meeting people!

Have you built/made a costume before?: No this will be one of my firsts! And i am excited to learn!

Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: None as of now.

Other: I have files and filament, going to be attempting to start the building soon! Hopefully over summer. Halo infinite Mark VII armour

First Name: Xander
Profession? Student?: I'm a student so yay
Favorite Hobby: armor crafting
Favorite part of Halo: ODSTs because they're badass, the first game from Halo I played was ODST, and because I think ODSTs show that you're mortal and vulnerable (unlike spartans) and you don't need enhancements to do great things (once again, unlike spartans)
Favorite Halo: ODST (for obvious reasons ^)
Favorite Video Game: Halo ODST (the more I write ODST the more I realize how obsessed I am)
Other Interests: I've done the violin for 12 years, I write EDM, I backpack, I sketch, I make Mandalorian armor, I make lightsabers, I read, soooo many things I'm not going to type them all
Favorite Food: Sushi
Favorite Band: That's too hard of a question, but I'm a 60's-late 80's music kinda guy
Favorite Movie(s):
What do you hope to learn here?: better crafting skills, and finding friends that actually like some of the same things I do.
Have you built/made a costume before?: many mandalorian armors, and I'm working on my first ODST right now
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Mando Mercs
Other: that's all :D

First Name: John
Profession? Student?: Profession, sometime.
Favorite Hobby: 3d Printing
Favorite part of Halo: Reach
Favorite Video Game: Zelda
Other Interests: creating , music, art
Favorite Food: Pizza
Favorite Band: Def Leppard (I am old)
Favorite Movie(s): too hard a question
What do you hope to learn here?: how to attach and create diffrent types of armor
Have you built/made a costume before?: yes,
Other: I own a anycubic chiron and a 3d ender pro.

First Name: John. I'll also respond to Arc.
Profession/Student: Currently studying Manufacturing and Drafting at university, with interest in Data Analysis and Finances.
Favorite Hobby: Driving, working out, writing and making things
Favorite part of Halo: The lore behind far-future human technology, and how characters interact with each other and the environment
Favorite Video Game: Horizon Zero Dawn
Other Interests: Star Wars, world history, LEGO building
Favorite Food: Peanut butter
Favorite Band: Shinedown
Favorite Movie(s): Ford v Ferrari
What do you hope to learn here?: EVA foam building, new weathering techniques and improving detail work and prop/costume cleanup
Have you built/made a costume before?: I have! You can find my first Mandalorian build on my Instagram, made using 3D printing, sintra/foam board, PVC and kitbashing.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: None officially.
Other: I own a CR-10, currently waiting on parts for it so that I can start doing large-scale prints at home.

First Name: Mercedes (Mercy)
Profession? Student?: High school student
Favorite Hobby: Drawing and creating things.
Favorite part of Halo: The design, gameplay and (most of) the story.
Favorite Halo: Halo 2/3 for story and Halo 5 for graphics.
Favorite Video Game: Touhou
Other Interests: Researching
Favorite Food: Chocolate or soups and pastas.
Favorite Band: Don't have one
Favorite Movie(s): I have too many to put here
What do you hope to learn here?: I hope to learn about the people here and more on making suits(for cosplay).
Have you built/made a costume before?: Yes, but it kinda failed-
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: I am apart of FNAF cosplay as well as this one. Both seem great to me, but I like the feel of this one better.
Other: I am short.. :(

First Name: Kelly
Profession? Student?:GA EPD Environmental Compliance
Favorite Hobby:501st Legion
Favorite part of Halo: story line
Favorite Halo:
Favorite Video Game:3
Other Interests:
Favorite Food:
Favorite Band:
Favorite Movie(s):nerd fest
What do you hope to learn here?:more always more to learn about fandom
Have you built/made a costume before?:I am probably the most world renown Thrawn so yes
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?:I am a member of 501st Legion and Rebel Legion
Other:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back