Introduce Yourself - The Sequel!

First Name: Preston

Nick names/ User names: Euclid, Imperialreject, reject, Imprl Reject. I usually go by reject online. Not trying to down myself with that it’s just the name that kinda stuck and thus I’ve just kept it rollin.

Profession: Aircraft Fuels systems maintenance Technician, USAF

Favorite Hobby: shooting

Favorite part of Halo: the stories and characters

Favorite Halo: Halo 3 ODST

Favorite Video Game: Fallout New Vegas

Other Interests: Cars, Guns, Gaming, Legos, Airsoft, Cosplay, movies, TV, outdoors

Favorite Food: Cajun food

Favorite Band: love music don’t really have an all time favorite. Like a bit of everything

Favorite Movie(s): StarWars, Jurassic Park, Ghost busters, Blade Runner, Alien, Terminator, October sky…. A lot more

What do you hope to learn here?: better cosplay building/ making techniques and maybe a little more info of the halo series.

Have you built/made a costume before?: Yes I’ve been cosplaying for a while now with emphasis on armored cosplays.

Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Yes I am a member of the 501st Legion TS-20543

Other: I hope y’all like dad jokes, because if you get to know me I roll them out like a convoy. But either then that I’m an interesting personality, nothing bad (or at least i hope not), but definitely been sniffing jet fuel for to long. Pretty open about stuff so any questions, comments, concerns, beaches, gripes, or moans just let me know.

Hello All! Our former Introduce Yourself thread has grown to a massive 421 pages so it is time to lock that one down and start fresh!

First of all - welcome to all of our new family! We want to know all about you, but let's start with these few questions!

First Name:
Profession? Student?:
Favorite part of Halo:
Favorite Halo:
Favorite Video Game:
Other Interests:
Favorite Food:
Favorite Band:
Favorite Movie(s):
What do you hope to learn here?:
Have you built/made a costume before?:
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?:
Other:
hello my name is Wyatt Gibson
i work in an insurance office and im going to school for Forensics science
I'm 23
My favorite hobby is anything i can do with my hands weather it be building an armor set or working on something
my favorite part of halo is the enormous lore behind it there is something for everyone.
my favorite halo is a tie between reach and infinite i love the armor customization and story of reach and i love the open world feeling you get from infinite as well as the more heartful story.
Reach has to be my favorite i love how your spartan follows you through campaign as well as multiplayer it makes it feel more personal.
my other interest include anything outdoorsy i love the river and swimming and really anything that brings good summer vibes.
As far as food goes i love anything i can take on the go but a good back yard BBQ is always top of the list.
My favorite movie or movies is anything that makes you really think and second guess what's really going on or just think in general i loved interstellar the way that it makes you understand even the most complex ideas of the movie are amazing.
i hope to learn to sharpen my armor making skills they are a bit rough still but they are past beginner i think well god i hope haha and also join a costume committee that is active and always on the go i attend as many conventions as a i possibly can through the year and its absolutely the highlight of my life !

First Name: Evan
Other Alias is Unfit_armory lol

Profession? Baggage department in Aviation

Favorite Hobby: Long-boarding or Gaming. As well as the most recent costume building hobby.

Favorite part of Halo: the sense of wonder it gives.

Favorite Halo: Halo 2

Favorite Video Game: Terraria or any Halo title.

Other Interests: I want to get into music production, but one thing at a time.

Favorite Food: Chicken. Does not matter the style. Generally I'll eat anything though.

Favorite Band: I listen to way too many people. Cannot Decide.

Favorite Movie(s): Star wars is definitely a favorite. Generic, but thats just how my tastes are.

What do you hope to learn here?: How to Improve. I want to progress making armor, until I can make it to my satisfy my desires.

Have you built/made a costume before?: Negative. Wanted to for years but could not afford it.

Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Negative.

Other: 3d modeling is also a side hobby, but I'm not good at it.

Last edited:
First Name: Mike
Profession? Student?: Golf Course Mechanic
Favorite Hobby: Videogames
Favorite part of Halo: All the great memories growing up playing with friends(LAN parties, early Xbox live)
Favorite Halo: ODST
Favorite Video Game: Escape from Tarkov
Other Interests: Cars. motorcycles, shooting, golfing
Favorite Food: Chicken & Waffles
Favorite Band: I listen to way too many genres to have a favorite
Favorite Movie(s): Baby Driver
What do you hope to learn here?: More about 3D printing, cosplay
Have you built/made a costume before?: No, but have a few ideas planned and just picked up a printer :)
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Not yet, looking into 501st but I really want to rock ODST gear first :)

First Name: Taylor

Alias: Tag, Chai, Taro, Ro

Profession? Student?: Senior Animation Major!

Favorite Hobby: drawing digital art and snuggling with my cats Egg and Noodle

Favorite part of Halo: The story, and everything about the designs

Favorite Halo: ODST, 3 and 4 are all tied for me

Favorite Video Game(s): Legend of Zelda: TP and PH and also 2016 DOOM

Other Interests: drawing, reading, writing, creating and watching YouTube

Favorite Food: Corn Casserole and anything breakfast

Favorite Band: Trocadero and The Crane Wives

Favorite Movie(s): The Conjuring, Practical Magic, Under the Tuscan Sun, Zootopia and seasons 6-13 of Red vs Blue

What do you hope to learn here?: How to create some really neat stuff!!

Have you built/made a costume before?: Yes! It was bad! :D

Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Nope! This is my first community! n.n

Other: Thank you for being such a welcoming community and I hope to learn so much while I’m here! <3

Last edited:
Hello All! Our former Introduce Yourself thread has grown to a massive 421 pages so it is time to lock that one down and start fresh!

First of all - welcome to all of our new family! We want to know all about you, but let's start with these few questions!

First Name: Jaydee
Profession? Student?: Student :p
Favorite Hobby: reading+games
Favorite part of Halo: Literally any scene with Chief. I like him.
Favorite Halo: 3 bc it was my first one
Favorite Video Game: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Other Interests: Music and sci-fi
Favorite Food: Shrimp
Favorite Band: Right now it's Rage Against the Machine
Favorite Movie(s): Uhhh, Idk
What do you hope to learn here?: Nothing in particular
Have you built/made a costume before?: I'm working on a Halo 3 marine, but it's my first ever
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: No
Other:

First Name: Alex
Profession? Student?: Senior Electrical Engineering Student
Favorite Hobby: Making or Martial Arts (Muay Thai and Boxing especially)
Favorite part of Halo: Multiplayer with friends, especially some of the community created maps and gametypes.
Favorite Halo: Reach
Favorite Video Game: Either Halo Reach or Mass Effect (2 or 3)
Other Interests: Reading and Writing, Music (singing, trumpet esp), drawing and painting.
Favorite Food: Good NY Style Pizza
Favorite Band: BNL
Favorite Movie(s): Probably either the Big Sick or Jojo Rabbit
What do you hope to learn here?: Techniques and patterns for Halo Armor pieces
Have you built/made a costume before?: many parts, props, and pieces, but never a full suit of armor.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Not yet, though I'd love to collaborate more in the future.
Other: Really love HAZOP, EOD, and Recon helmets. Also apologies for my inability to pick single favorite things.

First Name: Michael
Profession? Student?: I graduated in February with a degree in HVAC
Favorite Hobby: Writing and Drawing
Favorite part of Halo: The Elites
Favorite Halo: Infinite
Favorite Video Game: Assassins Creed Syndicate and Black Flag
Other Interests: Going on walks listening to audio books
Favorite Food: My mom's meatballs
Favorite Band: RED.. They are a Christian rock band
Favorite Movie(s): The Count of Monte Cristo
What do you hope to learn here?: Tips on creating my elite costume
Have you built/made a costume before?: Not a full set of costume, mostly like helmets, I usually use cardboard and tape but I wanna learn more tricks
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Nope
Other:

First Name: Kyle
Profession? Teacher
Favorite Hobby: autograph collecting
Favorite part of Halo: Playing online with my friends and creating new friendships
Favorite Halo: Halo 3
Favorite Video Game: Assassins Creed
Other Interests: Sports, Anime, Audio Books, Movies, etc.
Favorite Food: Ribs, Shrimp Alfredo
Favorite Band: Motionless in White but I listen to all music.
Favorite Movie(s): Step Brothers, Donnie Brasco, Guardians of the Galaxy
What do you hope to learn here?: How to build various halo costumes and props
Have you built/made a costume before?: No
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: No but I hope to.

First Name: Peter
Profession: SLS Main Engine Systems Engineer
Favorite Hobby: Prop and Cosplay Construction
Favorite part of Halo: The idea of regular people doing everything they can in the face of extinction
Favorite Halo: ODST, only one I've finished Solo on Veteran
Favorite Video Game: Skyrim
Other Interests: Running, Mountain Biking
Favorite Food: New York Style Pepperoni and Bacon Pizza
Favorite Band: Green Day
Favorite Movie: Monty Python and the Holy Grail
What do you hope to learn here: I hope to become more connected to other members in the South East to attend Cons with
Have you built/made a costume before: Halo ODST, FNV Ranger, WH40K Death Korps of Krieg
Do you belong to any other costume communities: Nope

First Name: Eleanor, but Corde is fine :]

Profession? Student?: Student, currently in Highschool!

Favorite Hobby: Art, in basically any form. But mostly sketching, painting, and digital art/painting.

Favorite part of Halo: The campaigns & customization options.

Favorite Halo: So far? Reach, but that answer may change in the future as I'm new to the franchise!

Favorite Video Game: Honestly so far I'm loving Reach, but besides that, No Man's Sky and Splatoon 2 are both games I've poured hours into.

Other Interests: Anything sci-fi or artsy really.

Favorite Food: Rambo, it's a Swedish candy :]

Favorite Band: Oh this is hard, I listen to such a wide variety of music uhhh let's say Lovejoy, Beastie Boys, and Caravan Palace for now.

Favorite Movie(s): Tron and JAWS share the top spot. Anything Star Wars I'm a sucker for old sci-fi that's for sure.

What do you hope to learn here?: How to make armor, and from there build up a lot of hands-on crafting skills. I've never done this kinda thing before but I've always wanted to, and the resources here are perfect. Plus it wouldn't hurt to have some fun with the community :D

Have you built/made a costume before?: Not really, no.

Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Nope! Total newbie haha.

Other: I recently became obsessed with Halo, and I've been deadset on figuring out how to make a set of my own Spartan armor for about a week now. Just went to a ComicCon and happened to find a local 405th battalion there! It was INCREDIBLY cool and their costumes were EXACTLY what I had been wanting to make, plus they were talking about how they could teach people to make their own. Talk about perfect timing. Really made my weekend haha. Also, if you're reading this, I hope you have a great day today :D

Name: Coz
Profession: Painter
Favorite Hobby: Gaming
Favorite part of Halo: Ghosts
Favorite Halo: Halo 3
Favorite Video Game: Monster hunter series
Other Interests: Photography, crafting
Favorite Food: Sushi
Favorite Band: Horrorpops
What do you hope to learn here?: More about building with eva foam
Have you built/made a costume before?: No, currently working on my first one
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: No

Oops...I made a first post without introducing myself, here goes.

My name is Denise and I am a Project Coordinator. My favorite hobby for many years has been costuming, but recently I have gotten obsessed with making handbags. Halo 4 is my favorite game. I don't like playing much with others because I am so bad at it but I still love playing the game. Blasphemy I know but my favorite video games are the Tomb Raider series.

I have made many, many costumes. Including Storm Trooper, Boosh, Female Tuskin Raider, full sized Wookie, Mandoshawan from Fifth Element, Chamberlain from Dark Crystal and many more.

I look forward to building costume from Halo and getting to know all you wonderful people.

First Name: Phil
Profession? Student?: Assistant Custodian for Public Schools
Favorite Hobby: Watching Anime, movies, playing Video Games, Collecting figurines and props, Cosplay, Gunpla
Favorite part of Halo: The Armors!
Favorite Halo: Halo Reach
Favorite Video Game: Final Fantasy XIV
Other Interests:
Favorite Food: anything as long as its not Cucumbers (funny thing i prefer baby pickles) and Eggplant.
Favorite Band: n/a
Favorite Movie(s): to many to name
What do you hope to learn here?: just learning different techniques on making armor and share my own progress.
Have you built/made a costume before?: I made Spartan Carter and Spartan 1337.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? yes If so, which one(s)?: I am part of the Pacific Northwest Ghostbusters and in progress of joining Gurreck Clan Washington the Mandalorian Mercs
Other: I am shy at first but trying to break out of that.

First Name: Josh
Profession? Student?: Scheduler for a machine shop
Favorite Hobby: All things Sci-Fi
Favorite part of Halo: The story and music.
Favorite Halo: Oof. Tough one. Halo 3
Favorite Video Game: The Uncharted Franchise
Other Interests: Spending time with family and friends.
Favorite Food: Steak
Favorite Band: Lincoln Park or Planetshakers
Favorite Movie(s): Tombstone, Inglorious Bastards, The Boys to name a few
What do you hope to learn here?: How to make a quality Halo costume.
Have you built/made a costume before?: Yes. A custom Mandalorian, Indiana Jones, an EVA foam Clone Trooper, Groot from Guardians of the Galaxy. That one didn't turn out so well but the EVA mask portion looks decent lol.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Yes. 501st Legion as an ISB Officer. Rebel Legion as a Jedi. Droid Builders as a Gonk Droid. Currently working on getting approved as a mandalorian for the Mandalorian Mercs.
Other: I'm just a big geek that likes costumes and hanging out with like minded people. I'm newer to Halo franchise but I am playing my way through the Master Chief collection and loving it so far. Currently on Halo Reach, then on to Halo 4!

First Name: Anthony (nickname: Frostbite)
Profession: UH-60L medevac crew chief
Favorite Hobby: Costume and prop making
Favorite part of Halo: Music and community
Favorite Halo: Reach
Favorite Video Game: Team Fortress 2
Other Interests: Firearms, VR, playing and working on guitars
Favorite Food: elotes (Mexican street corn)
Favorite Band: System of a Down
Favorite Movie(s): Star wars Ep III
What do you hope to learn here?: Different costume and prop making techniques among other things
Have you built/made a costume before?:Yes, an ODST, a Mandalorian with clone armor bits, and a Spartan III (currently reworking due to breaks in the costume)
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: If the military community counts, other than that I've been a freelance cosplayer.
Other: I've had an account here for years but never really got around to posting anything. I figure I might as well these days. Other than that there's really not much else to talk about. look forward to meeting peeps and seeing where I take these skills I learn from here.

First Name: Axel.

Profession? Student?: I am a student.

Favorite Hobby: Drawing, Gaming.

Favorite part of Halo: No favourites.

Favorite Halo: Halo Reach.

Favorite Video Game: If I had to choose; Detriot: Become Human.

Favorite Food: Many favourites.

Favorite Band: If I had to choose; Three Days Grace.

Favorite Movie(s): None.

What do you hope to learn here?: Costume making, hoping to have fun while making it!

Have you built/made a costume before?: No.

Do you belong to any other costume communities?: Nope, this is the first!

First Name: Leonard
Profession: Video Editor
Favorite Hobby: 3DPrinting
Favorite part of Halo: The Lore
Favorite Halo: 3 and Reach
Favorite Video Game: Halo
Other Interests: Motorcycles
Favorite Food: CornCream with chicken, or Lasagna.
Favorite Band: Metallica
Favorite Movie(s): The Last Samurai
What do you hope to learn here?: I hope to learn how build armors and costumes from the series I love.
Have you built/made a costume before?: I've tried in the past, when I was 15 I loved watching tutorials and get ideas from youtube, I even started making a pepakura Halo 3 MKVI helmet, but never got to finish it, now I've got into 3D printing and decided to get back to costume building, I hope I'm able to make a full armor some day.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?:No, I've never been in any other costume community.
Other:

First Name:
Profession? Student?:
Favorite part of Halo:
Favorite Halo:
Favorite Video Game:
Other Interests:
Favorite Food:
Favorite Band:
Favorite Movie(s):
What do you hope to learn here?:
Have you built/made a costume before?:
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?:
Other:
First Name: Maddy
Profession? Student?: In a constant cycle of full time school semesters as a Computing Security Student and 40 hr a week full time job -_-
Favorite Hobby: An assortment of things like building things, cooking, drawing, and riding motorcycles
Favorite part of Halo: The story.... every mission that ends leaves you wanting more and so you play another one.......until it is magically like 4am....
Favorite Halo: Reach, I played it through some pretty rough times so it holds a special place in my heart. Also Halo 2, because it's the first videogame I ever played
Favorite Video Game: Halo Reach, like I said it holds a special place in my heart and you can just keep playing it over and over again
Other Interests: Cars, Motorcycles, cooking and art
Favorite Food: Mapu Tofu, used to have it homemade growing up and it was the best thing in the world to me and still is
Favorite Band: Ahh to many to choose from, I like to listen to a wide variety of genres and artists
Favorite Movie: Currently its Everything Everywhere All At Once because it was a story line that really hasnt been done before and was so fresh and new and funny
What do you hope to learn here? Posting my progress makes me motivated to keep going with my build even if nobody sees it. I hope to gain insperation here from other people and get ideas of how to improve my own build
Have you build/made a costume before? Yes I have. Ive been cosplaying now for around 6 or so years. I've always dreamed of having my own Halo armor and im finally doing it so yayyyyyy
Do you belong to any other costume communities? No not really lol. I have a hard time reaching out and talking to people. I've been on 405th since 2019 and I hardly ever say a word, just lurk, read, and learn.
Other: uhhhhhh idk.....

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back