Introduce Yourself - The Sequel!

Hello All! Our former Introduce Yourself thread has grown to a massive 421 pages so it is time to lock that one down and start fresh!

First of all - welcome to all of our new family! We want to know all about you, but let's start with these few questions!

First Name:
Profession? Student?:
Favorite part of Halo:
Favorite Halo:
Favorite Video Game:
Other Interests:
Favorite Food:
Favorite Band:
Favorite Movie(s):
What do you hope to learn here?:
Have you built/made a costume before?:
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?:
Other:

Hello All! Our former Introduce Yourself thread has grown to a massive 421 pages so it is time to lock that one down and start fresh!

First of all - welcome to all of our new family! We want to know all about you, but let's start with these few questions!

First Name:
Profession? Student?:
Favorite part of Halo:
Favorite Halo:
Favorite Video Game:
Other Interests:
Favorite Food:
Favorite Band:
Favorite Movie(s):
Other:
Name: Adrian
Profession? Student?: I'm about to go into my first year of college to pursue a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (mainly the programming and coding side of it)
Favorite Hobby: Playing Halo and building stuff with Legos
Favorite part of Halo: The armor customization ( except the Cat ears) and story of the games
Favorite Halo: Halo 3
Favorite Video Game: PayDay 2
Other Interests: Playing with my dogs and hanging out with my brother
Favorite Food: Chicken Alfredo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Favorite Movie(s): Empire Strikes Back
What do you hope to learn here?: How to build accurate cosplay armors with cosplay foam
Have you built/made a costume before?: I am working on my very first cosplay armor, which is my Halo 3 Spartan armor
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: r/HaloCosplay
Other: I'm an overall nice guy who is open to learning new things and I'm good with technology

First Name: Danny but everyone calls me Erne
Profession? Student?: Electrician
Favorite Hobby: airsoft, working on my cars
Favorite part of Halo: hearing a sweet voice in head saying "No Scope" brings a smile to my face everytime
Favorite Halo: Halo 1 combat evolved
Favorite Video Game: halo/cod/Forza/ace combat
Other Interests: to many to name haha
Favorite Food: Seafood
Favorite Band: my chemical romance
Favorite Movie(s): Star Wars
What do you hope to learn here?: Whatever I can
Have you built/made a costume before?: If you count Halloween costumes or stuff for airsoft then yes if not first time
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: No, this is the first and only one I've joined although I do watch the 501st a lot
Other:

First Name: Erin
Pronouns: She/Her
Favorite Hobby: Art or Gaming , usually mixing the two with Fanart or Halo Forge art
Favorite part of Halo: The Music and Story
Favorite Halo: Halo CE, wasn't even my first but it's the one I always Replay
Favorite Video Game: Halo, is that even a question? I guess Spyro or HollowKnight
Other Interests: Digital Art and 3D printing
Favorite Food: Sandwiches is any form, preferably Chicken
Favorite Band: Jeff Williams/ Casey Lee Williams, Not really a band but they made the RWBY soundtracks and RWBY music SLAPS
Favorite Movie(s): The Iron Giant, Infinity War, Into the Spider-Verse
What do you hope to learn here?: I want to Finish my whole armor set from Reach before the 2022 HCS championships
Have you built/made a costume before?: Nope, I made a Scarlet Witch crown for Halloween once

First Name:
Profession? Student?:
Favorite part of Halo:
Favorite Halo:
Favorite Video Game:
Other Interests:
Favorite Food:
Favorite Band:
Favorite Movie(s):
Other:
Hello and thank you!

Timothy

I am in 10th grade right now

I'm 15 right now even though my profile says 21( I thought I typed the correct date and I can't figure out how to change it)

I like to build and fly rc planes/fpv drones

My favorite part of halo is the character design. I just love every part of it

Halo reach

Liftoff

I do rollerblading, mountain biking, etc.

Tacos

Half an orange

Shrek, interstellar

How to costume, how to work with foam/other materials, and how to be more creative.

No I have not, but I am willing to learn how to

I am not

First Name: Brinton (go by Bert)
Profession: Electrician
Favorite Hobby: Mostly gaming and Lego. But I dabble in a few things. lol
Favorite part of Halo: Almost everything, the sci-fi of it all. But I would say the spartans overall
Favorite Halo: Reach, 3, and Infinite
Favorite Video Game: of all time? Metroid is what got me into games.
Other Interests: Warhammer, Lego, DnD
Favorite Food: Steak
Favorite Band: Panic! at the Disco and Starset
Favorite Movie(s): tough one.... Star Wars probably and Marvel
What do you hope to learn here?: How to get better at my crafting and make some cool armors
Have you built/made a costume before?: I cosplayed a few times as the riddler and then han solo. oh and Dr Who.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: No
Other: Part of the Midwest Regiment

Man it's been a minute since I've been on forums but let's DO THIS. *cracks knuckles*

First Name: Tyler
Profession?: Aircraft Fuel Systems Technician Supervisor for the USAF
Favorite Hobby: Definitely have the most fun with fellow costumers. Everyone tends to be themselves and allow me to do the same.

Favorite part of Halo: The memories.

Favorite Video Game: StarFox 64

Other Interests: Cars, Percussion

Favorite Food: Chicken wings. Hands down. Buffalo style. Lots of sauce. Get lost in the sauce.

Favorite Band: I listen to such a variety that's tough to pin down.

Favorite Movie(s): Star Wars and a huge list surely no one will read right?

What do you hope to learn here?: New techniques and a different way of doing business. I'm very interested in learning what does and doesn't work with Halo costuming and how my current kit and prop knowledge can be expounded upon.

Have you built/made a costume before?: *insert Dr. Who "OH YES" gif here*

Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: I am an 8 year member of the 501st Legion, TK-5492. I started with the Japanese Garrison before moving to the Georgia Garrison.

Other: I'll say basically what I said on FB: Like many of you, Halo has been a part of my life since day one with the OG Xbox and CE. I haven't branched out much from Star Wars costuming and props but finally at a place in life where I'm starting to do so. I've known about the 405th for years and recently reached out (quite by fortunate mistake) to an admin who turned out to be Angela Mash, the CO! She was immediately welcoming and very helpful and I feel really motivated to become a part of what appears to be another incredibly talented community. I have a lot more I feel like I could say and feel I have some good experience to bring to the table. For now, I'll leave it at that and I look forward to working with and hopefully doing events with many of you soon. It's humbling to see the quality and talent here so I can't wait to learn from you all and valuably contribute as well. Thanks!
Hey! I am also in the USAF. Awesome to see other service members out there!

First Name: Preston

Nick names/ User names: Euclid, Imperialreject, reject, Imprl Reject. I usually go by reject online. Not trying to down myself with that it’s just the name that kinda stuck and thus I’ve just kept it rollin.

Profession: Aircraft Fuels systems maintenance Technician, USAF

Favorite Hobby: shooting

Favorite part of Halo: the stories and characters

Favorite Halo: Halo 3 ODST

Favorite Video Game: Fallout New Vegas

Other Interests: Cars, Guns, Gaming, Legos, Airsoft, Cosplay, movies, TV, outdoors

Favorite Food: Cajun food

Favorite Band: love music don’t really have an all time favorite. Like a bit of everything

Favorite Movie(s): StarWars, Jurassic Park, Ghost busters, Blade Runner, Alien, Terminator, October sky…. A lot more

What do you hope to learn here?: better cosplay building/ making techniques and maybe a little more info of the halo series.

Have you built/made a costume before?: Yes I’ve been cosplaying for a while now with emphasis on armored cosplays.

Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Yes I am a member of the 501st Legion TS-20543

Other: I hope y’all like dad jokes, because if you get to know me I roll them out like a convoy. But either then that I’m an interesting personality, nothing bad (or at least i hope not), but definitely been sniffing jet fuel for to long. Pretty open about stuff so any questions, comments, concerns, beaches, gripes, or moans just let me know.
Hey Preston, your the second fuels system member I've seen on here. Always a pleasure to meet a fellow USAF member in this community!

Oh lol, I'm not a fuels guy. I'm in Airfield Management, prior aircraft maintenance though. I have a brother in law who's in fuels and I know plenty of fuels troops from my time in maintenance.
Lol my bad, I just saw that it was Tyler who was the other Fuels Troop. Either way always glad to meet other AF members around other communities. Hopefully I’ll get a chance to make my way around and meet the lot of ya at events.

First Name: Josh aka Elmo or Lord Elmo
Profession: Warehouse Worker
Favorite Hobby: Been collecting Lego since I was 6 years old. Mainly Lego Star Wars, Lego Ideas, and Lego Speed Champion sets.
Favorite part of Halo: The Spartans... always!!!
Favorite Halo: Halo 3, Reach
Favorite Video Game: Last of Us Part 1 & Part 2 or the Uncharted series
Other Interests: Am a diehard KC Chiefs fan and Royals fan. Love playing video games, play guitar, love hunting with my dad, playing DND with my group of friends, and etc.
Favorite Food: Cajun Seasoned Salmon w/ Crinkle Cut Fries.
Favorite Band: Skillet
Favorite Movie(s): All Star Wars and Marvel.
What do you hope to learn here?: I hope to learn a lot of tips and tricks on creating and improving my suit and when I decide to make a new one in the near future.
Have you built/made a costume before?: This is my first time doing a costume and my first time cosplaying. I'm doing my suits with my two best friends Brinton aka Lord Bert and Danny aka Lord Erne and they are doing theirs as well.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: I currently don't right now.
Other: Part of the Midwest Regiment

Sweet, how's civie life! Lol, I've been in for just past 12. I was a jet troop on the 15's at Lakenheath for 4 years. Now I work in airfield management.
Not to be a jerk, but this conversation feels like it needs to move to a different part of the forum. Also, I believe there is a direct message system in place for personal conversations.

First Name:
Profession? Student?:
Favorite part of Halo:
Favorite Halo:
Favorite Video Game:
Other Interests:
Favorite Food:
Favorite Band:
Favorite Movie(s):
Other:
First Name: Ryan
Profession? Student?: Working in a kitchen, currently taking a break from college.
Favorite Hobby: Camping.
Favorite part of Halo: The story.
Favorite Halo: Halo Reach.
Favorite Video Game: Skyrim.
Other Interests: I'm a really big star wars nerd especially when it comes to clone wars.
Favorite Food: Pizza.
Favorite Band: Three day Grace, Linkin Park and Metallica.
Favorite Movie(s): Star war Revenge of the Sith.
What do you hope to learn here?: All kinds of different tips and tricks to help me improve in costume and prop making
Have you built/made a costume before?: no my ODST suit that I was wearing at MTLCC2022 was my first time
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: No, it's my first time every being a part of a community like this looking forward to seeing were it goes.
Other: Just a heads up my grammar and spelling might be a bit off in some post since I'm very dyslexic.

First Name: Chris
Profession: Flooring Guy
Favorite Hobby: Cosplaying
Favorite part of Halo: Generic sci-fi awesomeness.
Favorite Halo: Reach
Favorite Video Game: Titanfall 2
Other Interests: Gaming, building costumes, streaming
Favorite Food: Cheeseburgers
Favorite Band: Rise Against
Favorite Movie(s): Grosse Pointe Blank
What do you hope to learn here?: Some better foam techniques for extra detail that 3D printing can't do, such as soft parts
Have you built/made a costume before?: Custom Mando, Shadowtrooper, NCR Ranger,
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: MMCC, 501st Spec Ops
Other: Glad to be here, after seeing all the awesome builds on Instagram, I figured I'd throw my plastic hat into the mix.

First Name: Steve
Profession: Automotive Data Prep (not as fun as it may sound), aiming for teaching English in Japan
Favorite Hobby: games and art
Favorite part of Halo: Music, art/design, story, and the memories I have with the series
Favorite Halo: it's hard to pick just one, but probably 3 or Reach
Favorite Video Game: Shadow of the Colossus, Mega Man series
Other Interests: playing guitar, singing, D&D
Favorite Food: Japanese curry rice
Favorite Band: Intervals
Favorite Movie(s): Back to the Future, Treasure Planet, Summer Wars
What do you hope to learn here?: Technique, resources, general how-to
Have you built/made a costume before?: A Mk 7 Mjolnir will be my first build from scratch! Also currently working on a Vander from Arcane
Do you belong to any other costume communities?: Nope, just this one

I hope to use this forum as a way to keep myself accountable and to follow through with my work on the costume. I tend to get distracted with life events and other interests and can get in my own head until eventually my time runs short for finishing things. When I make posts or replies, any insight/feedback that people have is greatly appreciated. So, thanks for having me, and I'll see you in the threads!

First Name: Zac
Profession? Student?: GameStop manager
Favorite Hobby: Prop building
Favorite part of Halo: Multiplayer!
Favorite Video Game: Mass Effect
Other Interests:
Favorite Food: Sushi
Favorite Band: At the Drive-In
Favorite Movie(s): Star Wars saga
What do you hope to learn here?: New building and painting techniques. How to work with new materials and, hopefully, how to sew.
Have you built/made a costume before?: Stormtrooper and Death Trooper
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: 501st Legion
Other: Happy to be here! Looking forward to meeting fellow builders and learning new things.

First Name: Benjamin
Profession? Student?: Mechanical Engineer Intern currently. Collage Student
Favorite Hobby:
Video games and creating things
Favorite part of Halo: Sound track, design and world. Spartans are BADASS!
Favorite Halo: Halo 3 / Reach, they are tied lol
Favorite Video Game: Skyrim
Other Interests: Camping, snow boarding, going out, sorta collector.
Favorite Food: Pizza
Favorite Band: Breaking Benjamin, Metallica
Favorite Movie(s): Batman: The Dark Knight
What do you hope to learn here?: Eva foam building techniques
Have you built/made a costume before?: Modified one
Do you belong to any other costume communities?:
Nope
Other: Currently working on an eva foam build, will post progress soon!

First Name:
Profession? Student?:
Favorite part of Halo:
Favorite Halo:
Favorite Video Game:
Other Interests:
Favorite Food:
Favorite Band:
Favorite Movie(s):
Other:

First Name: Matt
Profession: Special Education Teacher
Favorite Hobby: Gaming
Favorite part of Halo: Grew up playing Halo a lot with friends. Love the games, love the lore, love the books, and love the Forward Unto Dawn movie
Favorite Halo: Halo 3: ODST
Favorite Video Game: I have over 500 games on Steam, typically my favorite changes as I discover new games. Most recent favorite is Kingdom Two Crowns, favorite of all time is probably Black and White 2
Other Interests: D&D, Art, Warhammer 40k
Favorite Food: Hot Wings
Favorite Band: Taking Back Sunday, My Chemical Romance, Coheed and Cambria
Favorite Movie(s): The Crow, The Fountain, Lord of the Rings, and I honestly really love Halo 4:Forward Unto Dawn
What do you hope to learn here?: How to build/improve my cosplay
Have you built/made a costume before?: No
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Nope
Other:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back