Introduce Yourself - The Sequel!

Hello All! Our former Introduce Yourself thread has grown to a massive 421 pages so it is time to lock that one down and start fresh!

First of all - welcome to all of our new family! We want to know all about you, but let's start with these few questions!

First Name:
Profession? Student?:
Favorite part of Halo:
Favorite Halo:
Favorite Video Game:
Other Interests:
Favorite Food:
Favorite Band:
Favorite Movie(s):
What do you hope to learn here?:
Have you built/made a costume before?:
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?:
Other:
First Name: Ty Hamilton
Profession?: In home Appliance repair technician
Favorite Hobby: Many
Favorite part of Halo: Everything
Favorite Halo: 2
Favorite Video Game: Halo MasterChef Collection
Other Interests: Cars, BB cards, antiques, Video games, coin collecting, and many more
Favorite Food: Mac & Cheese
Favorite Band: ABBA
Favorite Movie(s): Sorry your local sheriff
What do you hope to learn here?: Trivia
Have you built/made a costume before?: No
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: No
Other:

First Name: Ty Hamilton
Profession?: In home Appliance repair technician
Favorite Hobby: Many
Favorite part of Halo: Everything
Favorite Halo: 2
Favorite Video Game: Halo MasterChef Collection
Other Interests: Cars, BB cards, antiques, Video games, coin collecting, and many more
Favorite Food: Mac & Cheese
Favorite Band: ABBA
Favorite Movie(s): Sorry your local sheriff
What do you hope to learn here?: Trivia
Have you built/made a costume before?: No
Other:
welcome to the 405th if you need help just reach out some one may have had the same issues and we all will help no problems.. glad to have you on board

I realise I've never actually introduced myself on the forums, so allow me to fix that.

Hiya! I'm Eoin (pronounced the same as Owen). If the name didn't give it away, I'm based in Ireland.

Student: I'm currently studying Photography and Filmmaking. I'm hoping to make a career out of it (fingers crossed!)

Hobby: I love tinkering - whether that comes in the form of fixing broken electronics, hand-developing my own camera negatives or making costume pieces.

My favourite part of Halo: All the different armour designs and the way-deep lore.

Favourite Halo: Reach.

Favourite Video Game: Fallout: New Vegas.

What do you hope to learn here?: I've lurked on the forums on and off since 2016, so I've learned quite a lot! But even then, I'd like to gain more confidence about and get more advice on all surrounding parts of the creation process. Every step from conception to reality. I also want to engage more with others in this community (all I've done on the forums so far is make two posts and lurk - I really enjoy checking in on the progress people are making on their builds, even if I don't post anything saying so in their threads)

Have you built/made a costume before?: I'm currently building a MK V (B) and MK VII hybrid suit because I like how the different suit pieces look when put together.

Do you belong to any other costume communities?: Not currently, but I do have loose contact with a local 501st branch that I'd like to get more involved with, too.

I realise I've never actually introduced myself on the forums, so allow me to fix that.

Hiya! I'm Eoin (pronounced the same as Owen). If the name didn't give it away, I'm based in Ireland.

Student: I'm currently studying Photography and Filmmaking. I'm hoping to make a career out of it (fingers crossed!)

Hobby: I love tinkering - whether that comes in the form of fixing broken electronics, hand-developing my own camera negatives or making costume pieces.

My favourite part of Halo: All the different armour designs and the way-deep lore.

Favourite Halo: Reach.

Favourite Video Game: Fallout: New Vegas.

What do you hope to learn here?: I've lurked on the forums on and off since 2016, so I've learned quite a lot! But even then, I'd like to gain more confidence about and get more advice on all surrounding parts of the creation process. Every step from conception to reality. I also want to engage more with others in this community (all I've done on the forums so far is make two posts and lurk - I really enjoy checking in on the progress people are making on their builds, even if I don't post anything saying so in their threads)

Have you built/made a costume before?: I'm currently building a MK V (B) and MK VII hybrid suit because I like how the different suit pieces look when put together.

Do you belong to any other costume communities?: Not currently, but I do have loose contact with a local 501st branch that I'd like to get more involved with, too.
oooo im in highschool and doing filmmaking though thats not what ill do when in college :) gl i hope it goes well as a career though! and Welcome to the 405th!

First Name: Alex
Profession? Student?: Freelance artist/learning animator
Favorite Hobby: Learning about music
Favorite part of Halo: Multiplayer
Favorite Halo: Reach
Favorite Video Game: Oneshot
Other Interests: Drawing, learning animation and learning guitar
Favorite Food: None
Favorite Band: None
Favorite Movie(s): Didn't watch any movie
What do you hope to learn here?: Stuff like dry brushing, battle damages, electronics for the helmet and etc.
Have you built/made a costume before?: Only a mask
Other: Been lurking here since 2021, still won't really talk here so here's my introduction. (I will ask stupid question in the future.)

First Name: Alex
Profession? Student?: Freelance artist/learning animator
Favorite Hobby: Learning about music
Favorite part of Halo: Multiplayer
Favorite Video Game: Oneshot
Other Interests: Drawing, learning animation and learning guitar
Favorite Food: None
Favorite Band: None
Favorite Movie(s): Didn't watch any movie
What do you hope to learn here?: Stuff like dry brushing, battle damages, electronics for the helmet and etc.
Have you built/made a costume before?: Only a mask
Other: Been lurking here since 2021, still won't really talk here so here's my introduction. (I will ask stupid question in the future.)
welcome to the 405th

Oh boy, been quite a while haven't we? Last one's was about years ago

First Name: Danial

Profession? Student?: Formally a culinary student, now studying architecture

Age: 21(birth date here doesn't match up since I registered when I was quite young and still in highschool)

Favorite Hobby: Probs propmaking, gotten myself into 3d modelling and doing models nowadays and I've been making cardboard props alot recently

Favorite part of Halo: Lore, battles and armors

Favorite Halo: 3 and Reach, grew up with the two games back in 2011
Favorite Video Game: Stalker series, Girls Frontline(kind of a weeb now) and you guessed it ^

Other Interests: cars and guns, always was kind of a car enthusiast but had taken a break from that passion

Favorite Food: preferably light snacks or fine noodle dishes, best to energize the entire day without gaining much!

Favorite Band: (I have no idea)

Favorite Movie(s): Quite alot to be honest, which ones? Weeb ones or things you'll generally enjoy with alot of people?

What do you hope to learn here?: Probably meeting more peeps, learning from their experiences and tips regarding armor making! Hopefully someday I'll be able to learn more on how to set up rigging on armors as mine's scuffed and almost always difficult to put on and off

Have you built/made a costume before?: As of recent? A handful! though most of them were salvaged and broken up to be used for other costumes!

Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Currently and is still active in a local costume community/content creation platform, other than that, here! Been lurking around the 405th forums and discord since 2018

Other: Other than Halo, I do plan to branch out to other cosplays as well, mainly from anime or other games. I'll see how far I'll go with this but don't really expect to turn cosplaying into a career as it is just a side hobby for fun

First Name: Joel
Profession? Student?: still in school
Favorite Hobby: Racing Go Karts
My favorite part of Halo: Saber mission from reach
Favorite Halo: tie between reach and CE
Favorite Video Game: Ratchet and Clank2 on the Ps2
Other Interests: I enjoy working on computers
Favorite Food: Chicken Parma
Favorite Band: don't have one, but I like
Favorite Movie(s): The HTTYD series
What do you hope to learn here?: I want to pick up some more 3D printing skills
Have you built/made a costume before?: none before my current helmet and torso :)

I'm happy to have joined you guys and hope to learn a lot

I've been on and off on these forums for a long time, but the most recent stint was 2021, figured it was time for a refresher now that life isn't so crazy!

First Name: Josh
Profession: IT Systems Administrator
Favorite Hobby: Gaming
Favorite part of Halo: The always iconic warthog run at the end of the games, H1 and H3 specifically
Favorite Halo: Halo 3, but CE will always hold a special place in my heart
Favorite Video Game: Legend of the Dragoon on PS1
Other Interests: Warhammer 40k (Building/Painting and Playing) Working out, Hiking, Reading, Home Automation
Favorite Food: Chicken in general, anything with chicken in it haha
Favorite Band: Blink-182 or Linkin Park
Favorite Movie(s): The Matrix
What do you hope to learn here?: How to actually finish a suit! I have a bad habit of starting but never fully finishing.
Have you built/made a costume before?:
Only a single piece of Mark V to the Pre-Resin/Fiberglas stage
Nope!
Other:
With over 15 years in IT I can definitely try to help with their computers or network issues!

First Name: Sora and/or Rose
Profession? Student?: Head of PR and cosplay for a gaming convention in Washington State and full time cosplayer
Favorite Hobby: SCA Archery, Rapier, and Heavy Fighting
Favorite part of Halo: How it's never failed to be there as I grew up
Favorite Halo: Halo and Halo Reach
Favorite Video Game: Fire Emblem Three Houses
Other Interests: Writing, jewelry making, Anime, etc.
Favorite Food: A medium rare, well seasoned, steak
Favorite Band: AJR and Imagine Dragon
Favorite Movie(s): Promare, Sinbad, and Holes
What do you hope to learn here?: How to take my Halo armor to the next level especially when it comes to painting and electronics
Have you built/made a costume before?: Yes, I've made three Spartan suits and I'm currently working on my first ODST
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Yes, I am a member of the KamuiCosplay community group on Facebook
Other: I'm really excited to become more active with the 405th. Since I've moved across country I have had the opportunity to meet so many incredible people and I wouldn't change it for the world. I can't wait to see where the future takes me. I have been cosplaying for 6 and a half years and many of my experiences in the cosplay community back home were far from pleasant and it was one of the things that prompted my move. I have been met with such amazing kindness and acceptance in Washington that makes me feel like I made the right decision coming here. This has all reignited my love for cosplay, it's been wonderful.

First Name: Sora and/or Rose
Profession? Student?: Head of PR and cosplay for a gaming convention in Washington State and full time cosplayer
Favorite Hobby: SCA Archery, Rapier, and Heavy Fighting
Favorite part of Halo: How it's never failed to be there as I grew up
Favorite Halo: Halo and Halo Reach
Favorite Video Game: Fire Emblem Three Houses
Other Interests: Writing, jewelry making, Anime, etc.
Favorite Food: A medium rare, well seasoned, steak
Favorite Band: AJR and Imagine Dragon
Favorite Movie(s): Promare, Sinbad, and Holes
What do you hope to learn here?: How to take my Halo armor to the next level especially when it comes to painting and electronics
Have you built/made a costume before?: Yes, I've made three Spartan suits and I'm currently working on my first ODST
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Yes, I am a member of the KamuiCosplay community group on Facebook
Other: I'm really excited to become more active with the 405th. Since I've moved across country I have had the opportunity to meet so many incredible people and I wouldn't change it for the world. I can't wait to see where the future takes me. I have been cosplaying for 6 and a half years and many of my experiences in the cosplay community back home were far from pleasant and it was one of the things that prompted my move. I have been met with such amazing kindness and acceptance in Washington that makes me feel like I made the right decision coming here. This has all reignited my love for cosplay, it's been wonderful.

First Name: Nadia
Profession? Student?: I am a game artist
Favorite Hobby: Drawing, painting, crafting
Favorite part of Halo: Lore and aliens (creature designs)
Favorite Halo: Halo 3
Favorite Video Game: Planet zoo, jurassic world evolution, prehistoric planet (see a theme?)
Other Interests: Plant keeping, DnD, natural history, cosplay, crafting, prop building, mermaiding, sculpting, sci-fi, fantasy, comics,
Favorite Band: Too many to name, I listen to modern Rock, Hard Rock, Metal, Heavy Metal, Alternative rock, Orchestral metal/rock, Alternative, Dark indie, Folk, Acoustic and game/movie soundtracks
Favorite Movie(s): Jurassic Park, Godzilla (2014), the Alien movies, the Predator movies, Disctrict 9, How to Train Your Dragon, Riddick, Die Hard
What do you hope to learn here?: Mostly looking for resources like patterns and 3Dfiles as well as smartsolutions for attachments and suiting up.
Have you built/made a costume before?: Yes I have crafted several props (fallout plasma rifle among others) and a smaller fantasy armor that covers one entire arm. When I registered here I just started my Mk7 but by now it isfinished ^^'
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: I am inthe Kamui cosplay server and the cosplayshop.be server
Other: I own a cat and a blue tongue skink (Lilith and Bahamut respectively) I can be found under the username "InterfectorFactory" on most platforms and my cosplay account on instagram is "KeresCrafts"

First Name: Ben
Profession: Mechanical Engineer
Favorite Hobby: Photography
Favorite part of Halo: LAN parties playing Halo CE and 2
Favorite Halo: probably Halo 2. Never got good enough with the CE pistol.
Favorite Video Game: Halo 2
Other Interests: 3D printing, leatherworking, blacksmithing, Rugby, Videography, Powerlifting/Strongman
Favorite Food: Cornish Pasty
Favorite Movie(s): Gladiator
What do you hope to learn here?: Mostly to observe the process of others and get ideas for my own builds.
Have you built/made a costume before?: Built a Mando outfit a few months ago, about to build a generic black knight set (Galactic Armory Armor set done in black and red), will be doing a Guts/Berserk armor after that, followed finally by an Achilles MJOLNIR build.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: In a few FB Groups (Shoretroopers) but nothing official.

Hello, after pacing around trying not to get too anxious for half an hour, I decided to actually join and introduce myself

First Name: Mez
Profession? Student?: College student working to be a mechanic
Favorite part of Halo: Meeting the flood for the first time in CE
Favorite Video Game: Subnautica
Other Interests: DND, writing
Favorite Food: Steak
Favorite Band: Coldplay
Favorite Movie(s): I don't watch a lot of movies
What do you hope to learn here?: I don't have anything specific I want to learn, I more just want to learn how you do this stuff
Have you built/made a costume before?: Not really
Other: I have no idea what I'm getting into or if this was a mistake

Hello, after pacing around trying not to get too anxious for half an hour, I decided to actually join and introduce myself

First Name: Mez
Profession? Student?: College student working to be a mechanic
Favorite part of Halo: Meeting the flood for the first time in CE
Favorite Video Game: Subnautica
Other Interests: DND, writing
Favorite Food: Steak
Favorite Band: Coldplay
Favorite Movie(s): I don't watch a lot of movies
What do you hope to learn here?: I don't have anything specific I want to learn, I more just want to learn how you do this stuff
Have you built/made a costume before?: Not really
Other: I have no idea what I'm getting into or if this was a mistake
welcome to the 405th! Glad you're here :)

First Name: Vince
Profession? Student?: Project Manager (IT)
Age: 43 (mentally is totally different though...stuck at 25ish)
Favorite Hobby: Crafting, Gaming, and so many more
Favorite part of Halo: Is there something not to like?
Favorite Halo: Everything
Favorite Video Game: oooh so many games! Halo, ME, GoW, Satisfactory, Factorio, Destiny, Division, RTS games, too many!!
Other Interests: Gardening, natural history and science, crafting (including props and decorations), think I got too many interests really...
Favorite Band: mmm...Rock (Nightwish, Metallica, Hammerfall, etc) , Epic Music (Thomas Bergersen, Brand X, Immediate Music as examples), am actually quite eclectic when it comes to music
Favorite Movie(s): That is no fair question...a lot of great movies out there!
What do you hope to learn here?: Everything!
Have you built/made a costume before?: Basically started with some helmets (on my son's request - and not really quite there though) and wanting to do more now for both kids (daughter wants to cosplay in Comic Con as well now!) Other than that, some "modified" paper crafting, props (M8 Avenger), Witcher's Wolf Medallion, Dragon head, etc.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Not really, I follow Kamui and others but will probably be looking into more in the future
Other: Am quite new to all this, so expectations are quite vague at the moment but hopefully will find some other Belgians with the same interests!

First Name: Nick
Profession? Student?:
Student of English and PoliSci
Favorite Hobby: Writing/Crafting/RP
Favorite part of Halo: Gear design/aesthetics
Favorite Video Game: Metro Series (can't pick one)
Other Interests: RC Cars and Drones, Airsoft, 3D modelling, Sketch Art
Favorite Food: Bibimbap
Favorite Band: RHCP
Favorite Movie(s): Return of the King, Django Unchained, Kung Fu Hustle
What do you hope to learn here?: Just some general trade knowledge that would usually come from messing up repeatedly. I plan on messing up a lot but I'd also like to expedite that process a bit lol.
Have you built/made a costume before?: No, just a couple of low quality props that disintegrated after a short while.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Nope
Other: I have a shoestring budget and the commitment of a toad but I will finish a cosplay eventually

First Name: Nick
Profession? Student?:
Student of English and PoliSci
Favorite Hobby: Writing/Crafting/RP
Favorite part of Halo: Gear design/aesthetics
Favorite Video Game: Metro Series (can't pick one)
Other Interests: RC Cars and Drones, Airsoft, 3D modelling, Sketch Art
Favorite Food: Bibimbap
Favorite Band: RHCP
Favorite Movie(s): Return of the King, Django Unchained, Kung Fu Hustle
What do you hope to learn here?: Just some general trade knowledge that would usually come from messing up repeatedly. I plan on messing up a lot but I'd also like to expedite that process a bit lol.
Have you built/made a costume before?: No, just a couple of low quality props that disintegrated after a short while.
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Nope
Other: I have a shoestring budget and the commitment of a toad but I will finish a cosplay eventually
shoestring budget and the commitment of a toad are both great descriptors
Welcome!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back