Introduce Yourself - The Sequel!

First Name: Zenakia
Profession: Scenic painter (Theater)
Favorite Hobby: Too many count but I love making little lights currently!
Favorite part of Halo: Grunt birthday party.
Favorite Halo: Halo 2 and Reach
Favorite Video Game: Currently Ready or Not
Other Interests: Climbing, reenactment, crafting props and tactical laze tag
Favorite Food: Pad thai, Ramen
Favorite Band:
Favorite Movie(s): LoTR
What do you hope to learn here?: New skills on wiring and what materials are best for different projects.
Have you built/made a costume before?: Yes! But I very much look forward to making my first full set of Spartan armour!
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?:
Other:
I have always loved Halo but when I was a kid I wasn't allowed to play. So I am so excited to have found a community that is all about it!
Hey Zenakia!

Welcome to the 405th!

I do a good deal of work with electronics on armor and builds if that's what your talking about with wiring!

If you need any help finding things around the forum or looking for electronics tips, I'd love to help out!

Hey Adal!

Welcome to the 405th!

The folks down in the Mexico regiment are a lot of fun!

If you need any help finding things around the forum, I'd love to help where I can.
Thank you very much JTF4, I would like to know where I should send my photos or something to be an official member of the 405 so that my application is approved, could you guide me friend? Greetings from Mexico, here is your home dear friend

HELLO EVERYONE

First Name: Matt
Profession? Student?: 3D artist - student for life!
Favorite Hobby: Thinking up mad ideas.
Favorite part of Halo: old school LAN in tents (YES!)
Favorite Halo: Original halo for memories of co-op campaign/ Reach for forge mode
Favorite Video Game: Perfect Dark
Other Interests: 3d Printing / cycling / Films
Favorite Food: Burritos / Pizza . you can stick any ingredient in a wrap or on a bread base and top with cheese. This is my primary way of consuming nutrients.
Favorite Band: Gunship - please check out the music videos now!
Favorite Movie(s): The Matrix, Beau is Afraid , The Big Lebowski , triangle of sadness
What do you hope to learn here?: I am a 3D artist and I want to find projects that push my skills and provide something new for you guys.
Have you built/made a costume before?: Not a full costume no, only props. But I have a certain Star Wars character I intend to do fully ( no one has done this variant before )
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Nada!
Other: Look after each other x
I got into Gunship this year! I haven't seen any of their music videos yet. Going to watch some of those now!

Thank you very much JTF4, I would like to know where I should send my photos or something to be an official member of the 405 so that my application is approved, could you guide me friend? Greetings from Mexico, here is your home dear friend

Hi Adal! No need to send any photos for an application to join the 405th - you're a member now, one of us. Once you reach an account age of 90 days and 50 constructive posts, you'll move to being a full member where from there you can join a Regiment or apply for Deployment (both are completely optional).

This thread will give you a good idea of what both of them mean:

Hey Zenakia!

Welcome to the 405th!

I do a good deal of work with electronics on armor and builds if that's what your talking about with wiring!

If you need any help finding things around the forum or looking for electronics tips, I'd love to help out!
Hello and thank you!

That would be awesome! Have you worked quite a bit with fans, mics and/or LEDs?

Hello and thank you!

That would be awesome! Have you worked quite a bit with fans, mics and/or LEDs?
All of the above! If you want to pick my brain some, I’d recommend making a thread in the new recruits section and mention me in it. That way I’ll see it and you can ask away!

HELLO EVERYONE

First Name: Matt
Profession? Student?: 3D artist - student for life!
Favorite Hobby: Thinking up mad ideas.
Favorite part of Halo: old school LAN in tents (YES!)
Favorite Halo: Original halo for memories of co-op campaign/ Reach for forge mode
Favorite Video Game: Perfect Dark
Other Interests: 3d Printing / cycling / Films
Favorite Food: Burritos / Pizza . you can stick any ingredient in a wrap or on a bread base and top with cheese. This is my primary way of consuming nutrients.
Favorite Band: Gunship - please check out the music videos now!
Favorite Movie(s): The Matrix, Beau is Afraid , The Big Lebowski , triangle of sadness
What do you hope to learn here?: I am a 3D artist and I want to find projects that push my skills and provide something new for you guys.
Have you built/made a costume before?: Not a full costume no, only props. But I have a certain Star Wars character I intend to do fully ( no one has done this variant before )
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: Nada!
Other: Look after each other x
Welcome! I'm new as well, we get to adventure together!

Hey everyone! I've been here for a little while but keep forgetting to post here.
(my bad)
First Name: Sam
Profession? Student?: im a student currently doing running start (high-school/college)
Favorite Hobby: designing, engineering and building halo armor.
Favorite part of Halo: killing covies and multiplayer.
Favorite Halo: man... idk if I can pick one.
Favorite Video Game: Halo and legend of Zelda botw/totk.
Other Intertook. Going on adventures, being outdoors and hanging out with people!
Favorite Food: uhh... pancakes?
Favorite Band: I don't really have a favorite band, I listen to all sorts of music
Favorite Movie(s): How to train your dragon.
What do you hope to learn here?: just about everything I can!
Have you built/made a costume before?: yes!
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: I'm not in any other costume community's.
Other: I currently only have one costume although I think I'm a little different then some cosplayers because instead of making multiple suits I've had to same one for over 5 years refining and remaking it until it's perfect! (I'm still working on it)

Hey everyone! I've been here for a little while but keep forgetting to post here.
(my bad)
First Name: Sam
Profession? Student?: im a student currently doing running start (high-school/college)
Favorite Hobby: designing, engineering and building halo armor.
Favorite part of Halo: killing covies and multiplayer.
Favorite Halo: man... idk if I can pick one.
Favorite Video Game: Halo and legend of Zelda botw/totk.
Other Intertook. Going on adventures, being outdoors and hanging out with people!
Favorite Food: uhh... pancakes?
Favorite Band: I don't really have a favorite band, I listen to all sorts of music
Favorite Movie(s): How to train your dragon.
What do you hope to learn here?: just about everything I can!
Have you built/made a costume before?: yes!
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?: I'm not in any other costume community's.
Other: I currently only have one costume although I think I'm a little different then some cosplayers because instead of making multiple suits I've had to same one for over 5 years refining and remaking it until it's perfect! (I'm still working on it)
Hey Sam, welcome to the 405th!
I was the exact same, been here like 4 years but didn't post much for the first 2 lol.

Also, how to train your dragon, a man of culture I see!

I like the style of long overarching projects, really shows that its a real labour of love and the dedication put into them is phenominal.

Of course if you have any questions, any problems or anything else you need to know, feel free to ask and either myself or any of our other members would be happy to help you!

Hello All! Our former Introduce Yourself thread has grown to a massive 421 pages so it is time to lock that one down and start fresh!

First of all - welcome to all of our new family! We want to know all about you, but let's start with these few questions!

First Name:
Profession? Student?:
Favorite part of Halo:
Favorite Halo:
Favorite Video Game:
Other Interests:
Favorite Food:
Favorite Band:
Favorite Movie(s):
What do you hope to learn here?:
Have you built/made a costume before?:
Do you belong to any other costume communities? If so, which one(s)?:
Other:
First Name: Nick
Profession: Machinist
Favorite Hobby: Camping or making mods for Arma 3
Favorite Part of Halo: The science behind all the technology.
Favorite Halo: Very hard question I enjoy all the Bungie games pretty equally but Infinite is in that list too
Favorite non Halo game: Either Arma 3 which I run a Halo unit for or Fallout New Vegas
Other Interests: anything Star Wars. Also a huge nerd about anything Space related IRL
Favorite Food: Just about anything
Favorite Band: Wage War
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
I hope to learn more techniques I can use for my current armor build mainly sewing stuff.
I have built an ODST costume when I was 12 out of cardboard... Time to do it for real this time.
I do not belong to any other groups.
Other:

Hey Nick!

Welcome to the 405th!

Do you know what construction method you're looking to use for your ODST?

Hey Sam, welcome to the 405th!
I was the exact same, been here like 4 years but didn't post much for the first 2 lol.

Also, how to train your dragon, a man of culture I see!

I like the style of long overarching projects, really shows that its a real labour of love and the dedication put into them is phenominal.

Of course if you have any questions, any problems or anything else you need to know, feel free to ask and either myself or any of our other members would be happy to help you!
Haha thank you! When I found this website I was so excited because I couldn't really find anyone else out there that loved making halo costumes so I kinda thought i was alone until now!

First Name: Calvin

Profession: Pad Printing

Favorite Hobby: Cosplaying is obviously my go to, but considering the fact I love writing, reading, drawing, D and D, and painting I’ll sum it all up in “Art”.

Favorite Part of Halo: Literally any level with the Arbiter in it. Master Chief is my boy, but the Arbiter is just amazing and such a unique character. He never gets enough screen time I tell you. The Lore is also bussin'

Faviorite Halo: Toss up between Halo 2 and 3, although Infinite’s game play introduces a grappling hook, which is phenomenal.

Other interests: I enjoy working out, and good long hikes. As I mentioned before I enjoy writing too!

Favorite Video Game: Starcraft. Maybe Hollow Knight.

Favorite Food: Pastas, Pizzas, and sandwiches!

Favorite Band: Anything Hans Zimmer makes is gold.

Favorite Movies: Bionicle 3, because deep down I’m a child, and Star wars Rogue One. It’s the one Disney Star wars movie done right, and whenever I break into the old trilogies things get harry.

What do you hope to learn here?:
I hope to learn about cosplaying here, and to see what other tricks people use. I’m not shabby at cosplay, but there’s always room for improvement. Not to mention, I’ve often found myself the ‘costume friend’ in my circles. Seriously no one cosplays where I’m at and it’s depressing.

Have you built as costume before?: I’ve cranked out a few good costumes in my time. See, I am a huge Star Wars nerd so I did a Mandalorian costume and SEVERAL clone costumes. Got a little tired of the repetition in that area, and wanted to challenge myself so I made a Halo costume, and silently probed the site as I put the darn thing together.

Do you belong to any other costuming communities?: Nope. I am a lone, lonely loner.
Welcome!

I am new as well to the 405, but same w you.. I was the "costume friend" in my circles as well.. or how my mother puts any cosplay or historical reenactment I've done since I was knee high to a grasshopper it seems..

"oh, more of your dragon and dungeon group thing"

Embrace the nerd and carry on soldier! Welcome to your people!

Haha thank you! When I found this website I was so excited because I couldn't really find anyone else out there that loved making halo costumes so I kinda thought i was alone until now!
Well my dude, you've hit the jackpot findind us so!
The 405th was founded on the passion of people and their creativity in regard to cosplay, I'm sure you'll fit in here with us just fine ;)

Hey Nick!

Welcome to the 405th!

Do you know what construction method you're looking to use for your ODST?
I am using both EVA foam and Sintra. I have actually already started on it and have made a lot of progress I really need to start a build thread but not entirely sure how.

I am using both EVA foam and Sintra. I have actually already started on it and have made a lot of progress I really need to start a build thread but not entirely sure how.
Making a build thread is easy! Just head over to the new recruits section and click on the new thread button on the top right. Once your in there just give it a title and post some pictures of your build!

If you want some inspiration, there’s a ton of great build threads on there to have a look at.

Making a build thread is easy! Just head over to the new recruits section and click on the new thread button on the top right. Once your in there just give it a title and post some pictures of your build!

If you want some inspiration, there’s a ton of great build threads on there to have a look at.
Oh okay. Thank you!!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back