Introductory Package?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm definitely all in for the trading cards and the dog tags. The trading cards sound fun, and the dog tags are just plain cool. :)

its not your atual area code because 100s of 1000 of people may share a real area code while the so call "Spartan number" is one of a kind. if my neighboor becam involved he be C24 but im 224 so there will always be variants.

but what if your in a country with no area code? :( why not have it reandomly generated for you when you join? that way its fair and there'd be no "but i wanted to be 117, why does he/she get to be 117? :mad: ". on that note, i dont think anyone should be able to be 117. :cautious:

anyhu, i think the dog tag idea is good but the 405th id should definatly come first concidering its for 405th membership. also i think the initals of the labelings should be there. i.e.

405th member id: flying_squirl = 405ID: FLYING_SQUIRL
spartin id: 000 = SPRTN No.: 000
gamer tag: blahblah = GT: BLAHBLAH

(my gt isnt acuialy blahblah, i dont have one. but were due to be able to get broad band soon. yeay, cant wait to get my ass kicked by 8 year olds who scream abuse at me).

Werd Nal said:
so how do you figure out your 3 digit number?

I believe that the best thing to do would be to take a page out of the 501st rules, by making a premade primary designation maybe baised on your first name, then letting you pick the latter 3 number designation, once that has been picked your name and number are added to a database to insure there are no duplicates.

this way even if you have the same first name as another memeber you shall still have a different number designation.

Now I know alot of people are going to go "But I dont want to use my first name! I wanna be SuPeRR0X0Rs-069" and such, but the original Spartan II program did it this way and why would we be any different? besides it adds a bit of professionalism to the 405th instead of having a bunch of members with there online alias's.

I know for one that if I was to go to a convention or something with all of you I wouldnt want you all calling me zeronifty lol

Last edited by a moderator:
When I was a tournament player back in the Halo 1 days, I would walk through the mall and I would have kids calling me spase "Hey Spase man, you raped those guys in Damny, it was sick , your pistol is redic.." I would always introduce my self by my first name, tell them they can call me by that... its an in game alias only...

Ultimately I do hope that 405th becomes a well oiled, professional fan group, with membership requirements, but until then, I am happy making armor and helping kids....

zeronifty said:
I believe that the best thing to do would be to take a page out of the 501st rules, by making a premade primary designation maybe baised on your first name, then letting you pick the latter 3 number designation, once that has been picked your name and number are added to a database to insure there are no duplicates.

this way even if you have the same first name as another memeber you shall still have a different number designation.

Now I know alot of people are going to go "But I dont want to use my first name! I wanna be SuPeRR0X0Rs-069" and such, but the original Spartan II program did it this way and why would we be any different? besides it adds a bit of professionalism to the 405th instead of having a bunch of members with there online alias's.

I know for one that if I was to go to a convention or something with all of you I wouldnt want you all calling me zeronifty lol
I like that idea. Also, if they go by something else (because I know people hate their real names), they could use that. For example, My friend bahgera(not sure if I spelt that right) goes by Katie. If she joined could she be Katie-### instead of baghera-###?

[Kaya Tetsu]
My real name is Charles, which isn't a very good SPARTAN name, therefore I use the nickname Ive carried for five years now...
[END Kaya Tetsu]

First off, I actually like the way call #s work in H3 multiplayer...perhaps the first letter of your first OR last name, and then a picked 2-digit number, one run per letter. Numbers are picked first-come, first-served, and would be placed on a registry to avoid confusion.

If only numbers are to be picked, no one can be these numbers, because they are already established characters in the Halo universe:

SPARTAN-008: Li - Confirmed KIA by Covenant Plasma Torpedo
SPARTAN-029: Joshua - MIA/KIA
SPARTAN-030: Vinh - MIA/KIA
SPARTAN-034: Samuel - Confirmed KIA, first to actually destroy a Covenant ship in a non-ship to ship battle
SPARTAN-039: Isaac - MIA/KIA during Battle of Reach
SPARTAN-043: William - Confirmed KIA During A Raid On Onyx
SPARTAN-044: Anton - Confirmed KIA by Covenant Plasma Torpedo
SPARTAN-051: Kurt - Confirmed KIA During A Raid On Onyx
SPARTAN-058: Linda - Active on Onyx
SPARTAN-059: Malcom - Confirmed KIA during Battle of Reach
SPARTAN-062: Maria - Retired
SPARTAN-084: Fhajad - Discharged after severe crippling during modification process
SPARTAN-087: Kelly - Active on Onyx
SPARTAN-093: Grace - Confirmed KIA During Battle On Unyielding Heirophant
SPARTAN-104: Fredric - Active on Onyx
SPARTAN-117: John - Active on the Forerunner ship

These are taken from the books.

Oh, and I call CAELEN-098, it's been in my sig for ever and I sue it in the ingame multiplayer to so there! (lol, sry...)

Dog Tags would be cool:
Rank
"Name"
Service Number (UNSC-405-your member #-the first 3 letters of your "Name")
GamerTag

Therefore, mine would be:
_____caelenvasius_____

As for Rank, we'd have to figure something out. but remember; all SPARTANS, as part of NavSpecWep, use NAVY ratings (of which their lowest rating is petty officer 3rd class), Marines/ODST use (duh) Marine ratings, and the Covenant dont really have one, due to their caste system. I picked PO1 because it was nice and modest, and fit well with my character's backstory.

And if you don't have a GamerTag---GET ONE!

CaelenVasius said:
As for Rank, we'd have to figure something out. but remember; all SPARTANS, as part of NavSpecWep, use NAVY ratings (of which their lowest rating is petty officer 3rd class), Marines/ODST use (duh) Marine ratings, and the Covenant dont really have one, due to their caste system. I picked PO1 because it was nice and modest, and fit well with my character's backstory.

And if you don't have a GamerTag---GET ONE!

If you wanted to get Technical PO3 is not the lowest rank in Navy ranking, there are 3 ranks below the Petty Officer grade. In total there are 9 ranks E1 - E9, E1 being the rank that you start with when you first join the Navy, some people are able to get to E2 apon entering Bootcamp buy doing extra activitys for there local recruitment center. If not all E1's are promoted to E2 after compleating bootcamp.
and to E3 after 6 months of active duty "Usually after your A school".

Now the E1 and E2 ranks do have titles but they are baised on the job you do.

E1 being the "Recruit" rating. I was a Corpsman or "Hospitalman" there fore my Job title as a E1 was "Hospitalman Recruit" or "HR Rovella"
E2 is the "Apprentice" ranting so I was a "Hospitalman Apprentice" or "HA Rovella"
E3 is the last of the "None-Birded" ranks usually just described as your reqular job so I was just a "Hospitalman" or "HN Rovella"
E4 is the First Petty Officer rank you are a "Petty Officer 3rd class" but you are still refered too by your job rating, but the Hospitalman designation changed slightly it is refered to as "HM" once you hit the PO ranks. so I was called "HM3 Rovella" for "Hospitalman 3rd Class"
E5 is the same as the previous rank where as it is a Petty Officer rank Petty Officer 2nd Class or "HM2 Rovella" for Hospitalman 2nd Class"
E6 is the Highest Petty Officer ranking Petty Officer 1st Class or "HM1 Rovella" for "Hospitalman 1st Class"

now all the Petty Officer ranks are obtained by compleating withen a certain percentage on an Advancement test "Navy is the ONLY service that still utilizes paper tests for advancement"
The next 3 ranks E7 - E9 are only availiable for advancement after an interview with existing E7 - E9's and usually have a time restriction on them

E7 is the Chief Petty Officer or "CPO" rank but unlike the other ranks they are no longer refered to by there job designations. The E7 rank is simply called "Chief"
E8 is the Senior Chief Petty Officer or "SCPO" rank and is simply called "Senior Chief"
E9 is the highest enlisted rank any enlisted person can obtain, they are considered by many Officer ranks to be on equal terms as them, but in reality can still be overuled by any Officer rank. E9 is the Master Chief Petty Officer rank or "MCPO" and is refered too simply as "Master Chief" such as our favorite Spartan John-117

And there is the breakdown of navy ranks for ya

Well, as of yet we haven't received approval from Bungie and/or Microsoft to become an official fan forum, so I agree with the Admin/Mod group all this discussion is somewhat presumptuous on our part at the moment.

However... I must say I do like the direction this is going. Some of you are really starting to put some thought into this, which is good to see. I definately like both zeronifty's and CaelenVasius' ideas for the User Names and ranks.

Now, even though we may still be a ways off from getting any formal approval to do this, just for everyone's information I get dibs on SPARTAN-079, heh heh. I'm not sure of rank, and have no gamertag, but I like what my UNSC service number would be: UNSC-405-1776-SPA :D

Are Bungie peeps even going to say yep/no?

btw got dibs on:

Spartan Maarten-562 (or I could change Maarten to Martin to make it easier to pronounce for you guys).
UNSC-405-3795-MAC
Chief Petty Officer
GT: SE M562 (I only have windows vista games and no xbox)

I just chose teh rank becaus it was the first thing that entered my mind after master chief pett officer.

papamurf812 said:
What would everyone like to see as the package you receive for becoming a member?

Some things I thing would be necessary
-Some type of identification that everyone goes by (ID Badge, Barcode on costume, etc.)
-A patch or sticker for everyone who's part of the group (Patch for fabric, Sticker for armor)
-405th tee (similiar to the Army tees
army_p4.jpg
could say simply UNSC or what part you are (spartan, marine, ODST))
Any other ideas?
Adam pays for this website, do you think he is going to pay and give us all free tshirts/freebies?

AoBfrost said:
Adam pays for this website, do you think he is going to pay and give us all free tshirts/freebies?
yep he'll hand them out for free. No well pay the provider. Think next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back