Iron Man 3d File, Movie Accurate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I was talking with a very talented artist on Youtube, Who made a 3d Model of Our fav.(well mine) Superhero.

This is a highly Movie accurate Model, BUT Me being horrible with 3d Manipulation programs, I can't break this model into the individual armor pieces.

Here are some shots in Pep of the full suit.
Ironmanfront.jpg

ironface.jpg

ironback.jpg

I have the original File in .3ds with the textures(of course they are not needed though and just make it look pretty)
If anyone wants to give it a shot at breaking it Down into seperate files, gimme an email. Smartypants1635@hotmail.com and ill send the folder to you. He has given me permission to distribute the files to be broken into parts for this community.

Thanks

Adam

I can fix it up for you. I am really good at working with 3d. Just look at my project Hayabusa Helmet thread.

agbates said:
I can fix it up for you. I am really good at working with 3d. Just look at my project Hayabusa Helmet thread.

Awesome. If we can cut it up into The individual parts, (helmet, faceplate, neck, chest, shoulders, mid, waist, etc) it will make one awesome armor set.

EDIT: Man that is great stuff. Glad to have you on board this project.

Last edited by a moderator:
B&GProps said:
Awesome. If we can cut it up into The individual parts, (helmet, faceplate, neck, chest, shoulders, mid, waist, etc) it will make one awesome armor set.

EDIT: Man that is great stuff. Glad to have you on board this project.

Yeah, iron man is also probably one of my most favorite super heroes so I'd be more than happy to help with this project.

Hey man, I'd like to help you, but the model looks way to high-poly, and Metasequoia doesn't have the best poly-reduction tool.

Yeah it does look pretty high poly.

Edit*

Just pm with the link to the 3ds file whenever you want me to start, and I'll get right to it ;)

I Emailed you a .rar folder containing all the files He sent me.

Yah if you can reduce the poly's but retain the detail, maybe add a bit in some spots its lacking, like the foot and Mid/stomach area. I dunno how easy that would be, I suck at 3d max.

B&GProps said:
I Emailed you a .rar folder containing all the files He sent me.

Yah if you can reduce the poly's but retain the detail, maybe add a bit in some spots its lacking, like the foot and Mid/stomach area. I dunno how easy that would be, I suck at 3d max.

Yeah, I'm using muh phone right now to get on the internet right now because I am out getting crap for school this year...yeyyyyyy....not. Its kind of cool though I'm going to be a junior this year so I'm almost done. But anyways as soon as I get home I'll check it out' and see what I can do. Im sure I can lower the poly count and I'm pretty sure I can make it more accurate.

agbates said:
Yeah, I'm using muh phone right now to get on the internet right now because I am out getting crap for school this year...yeyyyyyy....not. Its kind of cool though I'm going to be a junior this year so I'm almost done. But anyways as soon as I get home I'll check it out' and see what I can do. Im sure I can lower the poly count and I'm pretty sure I can make it more accurate.

Kickass my friend. I am going into my Senior year. I can't believe it o_O. I start school in like 2 1/2 weeks too, sucks majorly. But then I'll get to see everyone again. So not all bad

B&GProps said:
Kickass my friend. I am going into my Senior year. I can't believe it o_O. I start school in like 2 1/2 weeks too, sucks majorly. But then I'll get to see everyone again. So not all bad

yeh, friends are the only thing im looking forward to...

agbates said:

I cannot wait to see the finished product, agbates. If you pep it as good (or better!) than the original 3d model up top, I will GLADLY put your work to the test!

And B&GProps, a big thanks goes out to you for acquiring the original model!

Can anyone convert the file to either .3ds or .obj because the program Im using cant import the file and I cant do anything until its converted.

Kell Thor said:
I cannot wait to see the finished product, agbates. If you pep it as good (or better!) than the original 3d model up top, I will GLADLY put your work to the test!

And B&GProps, a big thanks goes out to you for acquiring the original model!

Sorry I forgot to include the .obj version. I'll upload that real quick.

EDIT: heres the .obj For you Ironman.OBJ

B&GProps said:
Sorry I forgot to include the .obj version. I'll upload that real quick.

EDIT: heres the .obj For you Ironman.OBJ

Thanks. I'll take a look and see what I can do. ;)

*Edit

Ok, I just looked at the file and wow, it has got alot of work that needs to be done to it! Whoever made it did it the easy way and modeled it in 100 different objects. (I hate doing that) I'll start by joining everything together, and then I'll work on accurizing it. Trust me though when I say I'll make it accurate, I'll make it accurate. I go crazy on all my models making sure every detail is there.

agbates said:
I'll start by joining everything together, and then I'll work on accurizing it. Trust me though when I say I'll make it accurate, I'll make it accurate. I go crazy on all my models making sure every detail is there.

Awesome. Can't wait to see the finished product.

i could be wrong but i think this file had tons of poly errors.

but, im sure its nothing agbates cant handle. assuming he has time and all.

LameSuace said:
i could be wrong but i think this file had tons of poly errors.

but, im sure its nothing agbates cant handle. assuming he has time and all.

Agbates, while converting the file, will also be fixing those errors.

Sorry guys this might take a while. There is just so much wrong with it. But don't worry, I'll still see what I can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back