Iron Man 3d File, Movie Accurate

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly think I might really have to back down from this you guys. I am really sorry, its just I have no where near the amount of time it would take to get this model where it should be. It just has so many problems. Between the mass amount of objects created, the normals being all screwed up, and all the innaccuracies and spots where more details need to be added, coupled with trying to lower the poly count, this project gets overwhelming. Hopefully some other modeler will come along and have more time to fix this. Once again I am deeply sorry you guys, and I hope someone else may be of a better help.

agbates said:
Sorry guys this might take a while. There is just so much wrong with it. But don't worry, I'll still see what I can do.

I have been lurking around on this thread for a while. You folks ROCK! Wish I had some 3D skillz to help you all out, but I don't. Just my support for your good work. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
here i broke down the 3d model and as you can see.... this is very pep'able hehe working on the chest now.

ironmanarmorbrakedown.jpg

masterfett said:
here i broke down the 3d model and as you can see.... this is very pep'able hehe working on the chest now.

ironmanarmorbrakedown.jpg

Not to be overly picky, BUT do you think you could add some supports to the chest, thigh and helmet area? This REALLY helps when in the fiberglassing stage. Just a thought.

fightstar said:
Not to be overly picky, BUT do you think you could add some supports to the chest, thigh and helmet area? This REALLY helps when in the fiberglassing stage. Just a thought.

just cut cardboard strips the right length. thats what i do

Man You are right, YOU ARE FAST.
I think I love you....... :cautious: in a brotherly kind of way. LOL

Cant wait to start on this!!

Is it scaled? or are we gonna have to figure out what scale to place it in.

The original Model is 3.3 CM high. Then I think if we do some math or use an online converter we can figure out how many CM equals 72 inches. That will give us the scale and then we can punch that in.

the helmet is scaled to 26.0 right now as is. the rest i think we will have to figure out our self if thats ok with yall.

i don't have that kind of time to get all the scales right in pep. and as for supports like that other dude said just cut custom cardboard parts for support . i do that for all my armor anyways and besides that it saves on the card stock i use in the long run.

i think i will make a full armor out of this file because it looks good and not to hard to pep long as i can keep the detail in place in 3dsmax and i think i can so give me 3 days time guys and we will have a full suit ready for pep.

i would like to thank B&GProps and the guy who made this file possible in advance and it will be a awesome armor once im done. :cool:

Well, WOW That was probably the weirdest pep I've assembled. I assembled it with the computers Unfold. :cautious: We are gonna have to work on a good unfold before we release it.

Anyway, here is a view of the helmet. I did it in the 26 scale. DO NOT rescale it. This will be JUST RIGHT. It looks kinda big on your head, But I bet once the rest of the armor is in place, it wont look to bad. If it goes any smaller though. You wont be able to move your mouth at all or fit any padding.

Also On accuracy. So far this is as close as we've gotten. Problem is the Face is slightly off, so when you go to bondo/rondo, make sure you check a ton of ref. pics. The Profile is great though. Nothing wrong with the overall shape and side of the helm.

Heres the images.

P1000912.jpg

P1000914.jpg

Lemme know what you think of the model.

From the front it really does look bad, However it was the angle the photo was taken.

If you look at refs from the movie, that's actually how the mask is.

Adam

I just developed the scale for this now. At the current scale that master fett has it at, It places the entire suit at 74 inches.
I took the scale ratio from the helmet and plugged it into the Full armored model to determine that height.

After some experimenting I slowly cut the ratio down. I placed it at .9 to get it at roughly 72 inches.
So as long as Master fett doesnt change part size when he loads it into pep
Or he plugs that ratio in, It should scale out for a average size man.

How tall are you B&G? I'm 72 inches tall, wouldnt there be a problem with it being exactly my height? I wont be using this file anyways as I have already started working with some of the other iron man files.

Same thing here. I have to scale different pieces to get the right fit. I'll pics of the entire legs pretty soon.

Firefws said:
Same thing here. I have to scale different pieces to get the right fit. I'll pics of the entire legs pretty soon.
I hope its not too much to ask but can u guys post the helmet...I want to work on it as I wait for the complete release...I just can't wait any longer I been watchin this thread like a hawk...

The File at this moment is a mangled mess. I'm surprised I got it together. I used the standard Unfold the computer devised. Hella hard. If you want to give it a shot gimme a pm and I'll forward you the link.

Also If anyone would Like a shot at unfolding it better gimme a PM. Fett and I would appreciate it.

I did the unfolds for Lotechstark's model and if you want i can do some for this model as well. Just post the pep files and I'll get to work on em. Looks good guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back