Iron Man And War Machine Wip

Which Suit should we start first?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The King Cobra said:
Late Sunday Update

Sorry, I know its been a while with some important issues going on [sub](halo reach beta)[/sub] but I finished my 2nd arm. I took this picture really quick so sorry for the quality.

AMBA0597.jpg

So yeah theres the 2nd arm. Notice my headset on my head lol. :D

Call me a detail whore, but is that a Brutaka action figure on your shelf? Nice arms btw!

Last edited by a moderator:
i've found a solution for the helmet, i saw a couple of members doing it

cut this piece off: ,

do this when it's finished, and connect it with hinges

if you dont know what i mean, look up ithicas threat

keith_hendrix said:
Wow! Great work King Kobra, You're fast, sigh, I just started the helmet, I'll have to hurry or never begin with resin. :)

Thanks so much Keith. Your Iron Man is looking great also!

carlino said:
Nice pep work! And I know what you mean about getting the helmets right. I think I've done 2 or 3 myself. Keep up the good work!

Thank you carlino! And yes helmets are a pain in the -blam!-

kiba963 said:
that's pretty cool

You know it!

IroniumStudios said:
Call me a detail whore, but is that a Brutaka action figure on your shelf? Nice arms btw!

Yes it is :D. I have an extensive Bionicle collection around my room. I stopped collecting them a couple of years back though :p

BobvDijk said:
i've found a solution for the helmet, i saw a couple of members doing it

cut this piece off: ,

do this when it's finished, and connect it with hinges

if you dont know what i mean, look up ithicas threat

Thanks so much for this demonstration. I may look into this, I have been wanting to do the extend-able neck peice and clips onto the helmet like the movie but I'm not sure how I will accomplice it.

Iron_Man_Concepts_28.jpg

Thanks for all your support and I have finished everything (besides the helmet) on my upper body. Time for the cod piece!

If I'm correctly thinking about the spine part of the neck you could possibly put small servos in the that space to make the movement possible. Though it would be some really small servos in there to pull that off mechanically in terms of electronically but that's just me. Really cool build so far dude keep it up. ;)

Tyvern said:
If I'm correctly thinking about the spine part of the neck you could possibly put small servos in the that space to make the movement possible. Though it would be some really small servos in there to pull that off mechanically in terms of electronically but that's just me. Really cool build so far dude keep it up. ;)

Yeah but I was thinking of it just being manual so I could look awesome and also take my helmet off when I wanted. I am hoping of testing out a locking system between the neck and helmet but who knows. Thanks for the idea Tyvern and much appreciated!

The King Cobra said:
Yeah but I was thinking of it just being manual so I could look awesome and also take my helmet off when I wanted. I am hoping of testing out a locking system between the neck and helmet but who knows. Thanks for the idea Tyvern and much appreciated!

Welcome..... ;)

Can't wait to see your manual neck system for the suit once you make it.

I wish my twin would work on a War Machine since I'm doing an Iron Man build... but sadly he's too lazy. xP

BUT ANYHOW, I am loving the peps, they're super duper clean! I can't wait to see them smoothed... and then painted... and then finished. :D You guys are gonna look kick ass together!

Leda said:
I wish my twin would work on a War Machine since I'm doing an Iron Man build... but sadly he's too lazy. xP

BUT ANYHOW, I am loving the peps, they're super duper clean! I can't wait to see them smoothed... and then painted... and then finished. :D You guys are gonna look kick ass together!

Thanks so much Leda! Much appreciated :D. I may be updating in a little while. Ever since sharkhead has released his thread on Mk VI I have been looking at his progress and making a test size helmet. I have been pretty busy these couple of weeks with exam reviews and all that good stuff. But I have made some progress on my Iron Man including the left thigh (signature is wrong :p) and cod piece. I have been waiting for shins from dancin_fool but he hasn't uploaded them yet but I did find a thread here which includes the shins and thighs with a hinge! So I will be using these files instead. Pics will be up later tonight hopefully ;). And also Mitch got a little further in his build. But not that much . Remember pics later! And thanks for all your nice comments!

sharkhead7854 said:
Man.... this looks so awesome. Makes me sad that I haven't done anything in months. lol

Great scaling on the arms.

Aw thanks so much sharkhead. It an honor to have you reply to my thread :D.

Sorry theres no pics I just got back from a BBQ and its about 10 here in Florida so it'll be pics tomorrow. Thanks for the patience! :D

Helmet Update!

Hey guys its been a while since I updated this thread and to tell you the truth there isn't much to update. I have resined all my pieces (except chest and back) and now I have a brand new helmet pepped:

AMBA0763.jpg

AMBA0764.jpg

AMBA0765.jpg

AMBA0766.jpg

AMBA0767.jpg

AMBA0769.jpg

AMBA0770.jpg

I will be updating this thread a lot more now. Thanks for supporting me! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back