Iron Man Armor, 3D Maya Model

Status
Not open for further replies.
After my Space Marine suit, I'm planning on doing an Ironman & these files are on my want list. Awesome.

Clarx Industries said:
it will be in multiple files, one for each piece.

Thanks Clarx Industries you inspired me to sign up and make the iron man suit so excited!! Cant wait till its unfolded have you heard any word yet??

Last edited by a moderator:
no word yet, I know people are excited. Also I appreciate the offers to assist however, the fewer quality people involved, the more consistent the end result will be.

as far as a time table, all of us involved are doing so with a plateful of projects, I have since started an unrelated website build and I know the others are involved in their suit builds, with Starx trying to met a pretty Hefty deadline.

I promise that once I get updates I will post pics here instead of waiting, that way you all can see at least some progress..... Deal?

Sounds Good ....But if others are too busy there is still some other folks with skills in certain area's that can assist I'm sure you've had countless offers.

I know I've made you a few offers to help with the unfolds.

I've unfolded a few files for folks asking for help and I help where I can its my way of giving back to this Forum thats helped me so much.

I'm currently unfolding a Storm trooper file for a fellow costumer on here.

But my offer still stands to assist where I can.

Clarx Industries said:
no word yet, I know people are excited. Also I appreciate the offers to assist however, the fewer quality people involved, the more consistent the end result will be.

as far as a time table, all of us involved are doing so with a plateful of projects, I have since started an unrelated website build and I know the others are involved in their suit builds, with Starx trying to met a pretty Hefty deadline.

I promise that once I get updates I will post pics here instead of waiting, that way you all can see at least some progress..... Deal?

Sounds like a deal man thanks!!

Clarx Industries said:
Greetings all, was hoping to get some feedback on a low polly (1100+) model I made of the Iron Man helm. It was made with only the use of reference pics. I'm fairly happy with it, I do however have to tweek the back to get a better edge flow.

4097971384_8f7f86f303_o.png

4097971340_ed8bcb8207_o.png

4097212991_cb2f0682ee_o.png

4097212981_323ec9a154_o.png

4097212987_650c09c42f_o.png

4097212985_0208245fe9_o.png

4097212977_8d7aae89b2_o.png

Hey man looking good, I like the war machine face plate, keep up the good work! :)

WoW ... it's ... heu WOW!!! You are very good at this ... any chance of seeing a Hulk Buster one day ? hehe ... Keep it up, it's really amazing work !!!

ratchet_fan said:
i know i just saw that... i feel stupid...

anyway could i use blender instead?

All the 3D Modeling programs in the end accomplish the same thing. Its just putting the time and the effort forth into learning their various interfaces and what they can do. But sure you can. Use blender..maya...silo..autocad. Just use what you know =]

-Loki

ratchet_fan said:
i know i just saw that... i feel stupid...

anyway could i use blender instead?

Sorry man didn't mean to make you feel dumb.

Don't worry I get those moments too lol : )

Trickster Loki said:
All the 3D Modeling programs in the end accomplish the same thing. Its just putting the time and the effort forth into learning their various interfaces and what they can do. But sure you can. Use blender..maya...silo..autocad. Just use what you know =]

-Loki

I wouldn't really recommend autocad for modeling a character. It is a cad program and one of my least favorite ones at that. If you want to try and challenge yourself even more and use a cad program to model something in I recommend Solidworks. Autocad is much more for architectural stuff.

sorry for not checking in so often, you know how it gets around the holidays. I have a few more pieces unfolded, so there is progress.

To answer a few questions that pop'd up:

As far as modeling variations, I have accepted a commission to model the new movie versions of Iron Man Mark IV and War machine, but as stated they are by commission and can not be released by me. Other than that, I am not planning to do any other versions at this time. I would love to maybe sometime down the road, but my schoolwork and family keep me on my toes.

As far as "can I use blender and model that character". Blender defiantly has the capability to model a mesh such as mine. Despite turning out fairly well, the model you see here is still a low polly model. As far as can YOU model a character in Blender? Thats only a question you can answer. I am by no stretch of the imagination a professional but this is what I go to college for, I am a Computer Animation major. So unless you are gifted, have experience, or a determined self starter, you may have quite a difficult time.

Clarx Industries said:
sorry for not checking in so often, you know how it gets around the holidays. I have a few more pieces unfolded, so there is progress.

To answer a few questions that pop'd up:

As far as modeling variations, I have accepted a commission to model the new movie versions of Iron Man Mark IV and War machine, but as stated they are by commission and can not be released by me. Other than that, I am not planning to do any other versions at this time. I would love to maybe sometime down the road, but my schoolwork and family keep me on my toes.

As far as "can I use blender and model that character". Blender defiantly has the capability to model a mesh such as mine. Despite turning out fairly well, the model you see here is still a low polly model. As far as can YOU model a character in Blender? Thats only a question you can answer. I am by no stretch of the imagination a professional but this is what I go to college for, I am a Computer Animation major. So unless you are gifted, have experience, or a determined self starter, you may have quite a difficult time.

yeah i understand this! i went to college for two years studying computer science. i understand the program and other aspects of it. it is just a matter of getting used to it. i am more used to the actual code rather than the art side but i'll figure it out

I know I know.... pics or it didn't happen.

I do have some news though, The Helmet is done, as is the cod and neck, with the chest close behind. I heard from a secret source I am getting a printer under the tree (finally) so I can start to actually build my mesh and see how it comes out.

I will get pics up soon, it's a matter of getting to a computer with windows so i can open the PDO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back