Iron Man Bust Pep!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wtfmfkr said:
I wouldn't mind having a copy of that file when you're done for possible CNC application.

It wouldn't happen any time soon but I'd rather have the file ready before the machine is here.

Sure man, I'll post the file when I'm done with it so everyone who wants a bust can have one! Word to the wise though, this model is very strange in that there are many pieces that don't connect that should. They will when you pep it because ill unfold it correctly, but as far as CNC goes (suppper jealous btw, i'd love to have these parts CNC'd) i don't think that it would work too well. When i release the file, i hope someone will go in and clean up my super noob parts that i created. If they are fixed then i am sure CNC would be much more possible.

Clarx - Thanks for your advice, i appreciate it even though i wasn't fully able to use it..only for lack of know how though.

Okay guys, here is an update.. The model is almost ready for unfolding, i keep going back and finding things i can fix, but i'll start unfolding

tomorrow.

FullBust.png

annnnd heres with Dungbeetles head sitting on top, just for the full effect of awesome bustness!

FullBustwHead.png

Hope you guys like it! like i said, ill start the unfold tomorrow if i can wrap up the few fixable errors and try and get it posted for you all tomorrow. No promises on that last part yet.

Enjoy!

- Ian

Last edited by a moderator:
Thought you'd be done by now. :eek :p Looks awesome man can't wait to get after it, should have a helmet cast ans waiting for it by the weekend. :cool

Wtfmfkr said:
I planned to cut it in 1/2 inch slices then assemble them anyway so nonconnected faces won't be too much trouble in the long run.

ahh then in that case that could probably work. CNC's are awesome

keith_hendrix said:
Great work, dubean, I can't wait to see it finished|! :D

Thanks Keith! always good to have another Iron Man fan around here :)

Finhead said:
Thought you'd be done by now. :eek :p Looks awesome man can't wait to get after it, should have a helmet cast ans waiting for it by the weekend. :cool

Ahh i know i've been tweaking the model the last few days. and by that i mean totally revamping and making better! Pics to follow! Your helmet sure is gorgeous Finhead. Its truly an art piece man. i cant say enough about it.

OKAY so i have a short update.. NO the file isn't ready yet or unfolded. BUT it is ready for unfolding now! after some major changes (major for me at least) to the "walls" of the bust, flipped pieces that were facing the wrong way and modified some of the actual chest piece itself, i am now much happier with how it turned out. I tried to keep it as close to the real bust as possible. I definitely took a few artistic liberties of my own

on certain parts of the piece, so it wont be exactly how Dancin_fool modeled it. Hope you guys like it!

Bust.png

Opinions and constructive criticisms please!

- Ian

edit - OH and i wasn't quite sure what to scale this thing to for unfolding so i took a tape measure and measured from the top of my neck to about where the Chest piece will end, and it was about 14 inches.. So i think thats what i'll set the height to.

@dubean...

just want to know if you are only doing the bust only or are you going to release the bust and the helmet?

can't wait for this to finish....

le-yo-ra said:
@dubean...

just want to know if you are only doing the bust only or are you going to release the bust and the helmet?

can't wait for this to finish....

As of right now its just the bust w/o a helmet. I might add dungbeetles helmet file in afterwards, Right now i just want to get this thing out there and made available to people. Plus i want to start building mine ha

pandamonium said:
this is very cool! :lol i might have to make this after i finish war machine. Awsome work Dubean

Thanks buddy! how's your war machine coming? Yeah this would be a great addition to your war machine :)

dubean33 said:
Thanks buddy! how's your war machine coming? Yeah this would be a great addition to your war machine :)

its coming along slowly need new resin someone didn't put the cap on right :angry . pepin the rest also. cant wait for this to come out would look awsome next to war machine :)

looks awsome

Thanks man. I am unfolding it right now. It will be a little tricky to put together but i think it will be much easier than i anticipated. i fixed many of the things wrong with it and that helps the unfold/pep part considerably

pandamonium said:
haha take ur time :lol quick question is the scaling the same so i could just pep the helmet and put it on the bust?

Right now its not the same. Ill try and make them fit together from a seperate DB helmet file.

pandamonium said:
oh ok would be awsome if it was all in one but it might be better having the helmet as a seperate file

I think i'll size a helmet and match it up to the rest and then import it into the bust file in Pepakura and unfold it. That way if people want to do the whole thing they can. For people who already have a helmet built, they could just match up the bust to the same size as the helmet and do it that way

okay guys, i have the bust done and unfolded. You can get it here -

http://www.4shared.com/file/ej_y_wjS/Iron_Man_Bust_-_Dancin_Fool_-D.html

A little note - Not all the tabs have corresponding numbers so you will have to kind of figure it out. It should be fairly straight forward though. The dimensions are 370mm (14.5 in height) x 549 mm (21.6 in width ) x 398 mm (15.6 in depth). Its a pretty decent sized build but its only 26 pages.

I will be starting this pep tomorrow so if you have any questions be sure to ask!

enjoy :)

- Ian

dubean33 said:
okay guys, i have the bust done and unfolded. You can get it here -

http://www.4shared.com/file/ej_y_wjS/Iron_Man_Bust_-_Dancin_Fool_-D.html

A little note - Not all the tabs have corresponding numbers so you will have to kind of figure it out. It should be fairly straight forward though. The dimensions are 370mm (14.5 in height) x 549 mm (21.6 in width ) x 398 mm (15.6 in depth). Its a pretty decent sized build but its only 26 pages.

I will be starting this pep tomorrow so if you have any questions be sure to ask!

enjoy :)

- Ian

Sweet ponly 26 pages. :) Off to print right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back