Iron Man Files High And Medium Def.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I was wrong suprise suprise lol

you can open a obj in blender ...looks like I got all that other software for nothing lol

OK here's what I'm talking about

Absedges.jpg

To anyone thats not familiar with this (anyone that is and thats most of you ignore this)....you see all those red lines ..they mean that when I unfold no tabs will be created to be able to join them back together using traditional pep methods ...yes you can still build it but I'm sorry its not good enough I am trying to merge the open edges so that it is FULLY peppable.

Am I being anal about this ..yes ...but why not try to do things right and make it easier for everyone.

Ok I'm in Blender and ...well I'm stuck I'm a noob with blender.

Thanks for the advice carnage about how to get the file. I'm going to try it right now. I actually just finished peping the right thigh and I must say it looks pretty cool. Unfortunately I made it a little too small for me so I'm going to have to make a new one and I can't start right away as I would like to since I'm out of ink. I had wanted to put up some pics for you but it's going to take me a while and I figure someone else will probably beat me to the punch before I can make the new one. It's all good though, sorry I couldn't get some pics up for you and thanks for taking the time to do this for everyone. Keep up the good work man!

Hey carnage. Instead of trying to merge the faces, you could go into pep, hit edit flaps button, and left click the edge where you want a flap. Right click and add which style you need.

Thats a good idea ..I may have to go that route if I cant figure this out thankyou.

But I really wanted to do this properly I'll keep trying a little longer and if I fail I have a back-up plan.

I will try to get these files out to everyone asap.

Even if it means me just uploading the whole thing and just letting whoever wants to have a go at it.

JUICE said:
Hey carnage. Instead of trying to merge the faces, you could go into pep, hit edit flaps button, and left click the edge where you want a flap. Right click and add which style you need.

Can you assign an edge ID to the new flap?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well its a good idea as a work around ...although there is no guarantee the edge id's will line up properly but still a good idea.

IronLeoMan said:
can these tests version be used to make the actual build?

i think you can build it like the actual suit, you will just have to need lots of patient and lotsssssss of Bondo,plus dremel for detailing... or maybe not,

but i think you can make it like a base for the part or something......

i'll be always watching this thread...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes and no they are missing some parts ...basically the circular parts are missing

As well as details and better shaping overall. But saying that with somework they can be used to create parts of the suit.

I have had a go at trying to merge the open faces in the Medium detailed Model and failed a few people have offered to help ...have been sent files and well I've not heard from them since.

Dont know whats happened maybe at the time when they offered they had the spare time to put in but events can change in peoples lives who knows.

So here's my next option.

I'm going to be releasing the Medium Detail Files through out the day and who ever wants to work on them can do so...as in merge the open faces. These files are single faced and are peppable.

I just hope what happened to the other files I put up doesn't happen to these.

People downloaded them but uploaded nothing. NOTHING apart from Rebostar. The rest of you just TOOK.

So I ask you this if your going to download these files please upload them when you have finished working on them so other people can get something from this thread instead you just keeping it to yourself.

I have been flamed publicly and in private for trying to work on these files to get them ready for release and to be honest I've had enough of trying to help certain ungrateful people on here that just take...even though they have the skill and knowledge to give something back.

The first file to go up will be the Thighs as I know Timecon was after some Ironman Thighs. Remember these have alot of open faces that need merging.

I'll post the uploads in the 1st post as normal

Cheers mate ...any chance you could let me know how you managed to merge the open faces when you get the chance..I have access to a wide array of software ...just need to know how to use it all lol

I will keep an eye out today carnage. I'll be happy to help when I can. I'm not giving a guarantee that I will get something unfolded and uploaded the same day, but as soon as it's done, I'll post my unfolds. Let me know if I can help.

I fixed the discs. My ride showed up early so I'm having to do it in the truck. Don't try 3d modeling in a moving vehicle.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XUJHR4RK

In metasequoia, select object drop down menu, hit join closed vertices, select the amount of area that you want joined (radius), and it does it for you. If it joins too many, just hit undo and enter a smaller radius. Some things had to be fixed by manually removing and creating new faces.

Happy to help. That's what I'm here for. If you need anything else, let me know.

Thanks but at this point I'm more interested in having the open faces merged than unfolding...not that its not just as important ...but no point in unfolding until the faces are merged.

Soon as the files come back with the faces merged they will be added to page 1 for unfolding and so on ... I will continue to update pg1 as needed and delete items that are not needed so at not to have it all cluttered

Thanks juice I put your download link on page 1 ...awsome job.

metasequoia? eh ,....ok yet another piece of software I'm going to have to locate ...lol

I'll upload another file asap.

Was thinking maybe the lower legs will try to get the legs including feet up by today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back