Ironman Mark 6 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
jurgenp1 said:
I dont completely agree with the body being the same. The biceps are more rectangular and the forearms are biffrent too. The only too thing that aren't diffrent are the leg's and the helmet.

Yeah your exactly right. The legsa re pretty much exactly the same but with a slightly different colour scheme. There is a bit of silver and a little more red thrown in.

Last edited by a moderator:
the majority of the body on the mark IV and the mark VI are virtually identical, save some colour changes.....there might be a few minor shape differences but the major shapes appear to be the same...

i think the differences are that minor that no one will really notice unless they absoutley have a need to nitpick...lol...

In conclusion 100% of people that have seen the movie or even a poster will know who it is. Anthony Le's Iron Man suits aren't exactly exact replicas but everyone knows who he is. Only nerds like us would be able to tell the differences between all of the suits.

Perceptor said:
In conclusion 100% of people that have seen the movie or even a poster will know who it is. Anthony Le's Iron Man suits aren't exactly exact replicas but everyone knows who he is. Only nerds like us would be able to tell the differences between all of the suits.

precisely...

that said....i'm going to aim for as much screen accuracy as i can

robo3687 said:
precisely...

that said....i'm going to aim for as much screen accuracy as i can

I know what you mean. I personally couldn't do something without doing it the best I can. Maybe it's just the perfectionist coming out in me

"screen accuracy"....well looks like we are all gonna have to deal with it then. :p.Good luck on the build!! Still can't wait to unfold and pep it

I think someone already beat us to it guys and gals. Anthonyle247 on youtube. I dropped the links below. He also did the war machine which is featured in this months (june 2010) issue of Popular Science. Looks real good.

vshore100 said:
I think someone already beat us to it guys and gals. Anthonyle247 on youtube. I dropped the links below. He also did the war machine which is featured in this months (june 2010) issue of Popular Science. Looks real good.

Oh yeah that's Anthony Le. He does a pretty good job seeing as he is pretty much always the first person to complete the suits with barely any source photos.

Extremis said:
I scanned these from the new Art of Iron Man 2 book. I was about to start it in lightwave but I'm slow so have at it!

I'm still thinking this is the one to do first.But thats just me.The extremis "bullet head" design has always been my fav of them all.And this movie version is just wild.I like it more than the war machine movie version,and that one is just crazy cool.

Aside from the chest, the Mark IV and VI are indeed identical suits with different paint jobs. Even the SWS proto of the MKVI utilized the MKIV color scheme. Please note that during this stage, both the MKIV and VI had gold on the beveled edges of the forearm armor.

mk6front.jpg

The official Iron Man 2 site also has a nifty CGI MKVI that has the MKIV color scheme, similar to the SWS proto.

mkcolor.jpg

Anyway, photocomp ahead! I tried to stick to photos of the practical SWS suits, but the only hi-res MKVI pics I found were of the ILM CG model. The base pic is the MKVI, while all of the parts comped on top are from the MKIV. See for yourselves!

mkivvicomp2.jpg

There were additional pics, but they were mostly redundant. The MKIV arm seen above (with the disconnected elbow) is actually missing a part of the forearm, BTW. Missing suit pieces are the norm for pics of the practical suits, due to their restriction. The part was present at the SDCC "Hall of Armor" display that's the source of the leg and cod piece photos, but the pic with the missing piece ended up being the better angle, so there ya go.

That's the Mark VI. Although he is currently working on a Mark V (suitcase suit) at this time.

*ahem* 2 things.

1. Anthony Le doesn't use Pep.

2. Anthony Le will not share details.

He's got a great method for making flexible, comfortable armored suits, but accurate they are not. Plus, drama seems to follow him no matter where he posts. A lot of it is due to people he's pissed off tracking him down and flaming him, but most of it (IMHO) is his own ego and shadiness.

RoboTrap said:
That's the Mark VI. Although he is currently working on a Mark V (suitcase suit) at this time.

*ahem* 2 things.

1. Anthony Le doesn't use Pep.

2. Anthony Le will not share details.

He's got a great method for making flexible, comfortable armored suits, but accurate they are not. Plus, drama seems to follow him no matter where he posts. A lot of it is due to people he's pissed off tracking him down and flaming him, but most of it (IMHO) is his own ego and shadiness.

I must admit, that I am a tad ticked with him. I'm not trying to sledge him or anything, but it would be nice if he did disclose some details. All I know is that he uses high impact urethane plastic for his suits, and a ton of pot rivets which I hate the look of.

Back on topic, thanks Robotrap for completely validating my argument and doing what I was too lazy to (do a photocomp).

And to whomever is taking on the Mark VI (preferably with a Mark IV chest also available), as long as it's done with enough time that I can build it by Halloween, I'm a happy camper.

Johnnymuffintop said:
as long as it's done with enough time that I can build it by Halloween, I'm a happy camper.

well that shouldn't be a problem....i'll be starting on the weekend....

Anyone ever consider building armor with a pep file, but transferring the pattern onto sheet plastic and building it like that? For some complex curvy pieces this might not work, but there are a lot of angular, flat pieces on the MK vi. One could avoid all the bondo and resin.

Perceptor said:
I started making the chest , starting to look good.

Got any pics to show use? :D

Extremis said:
Anyone ever consider building armor with a pep file, but transferring the pattern onto sheet plastic and building it like that? For some complex curvy pieces this might not work, but there are a lot of angular, flat pieces on the MK vi. One could avoid all the bondo and resin.

I have thot of this,but havent really given it a try.I'd hate to use some of my plastic and it not work out.

Hey robo3687 i sent you a PM

I have thot of this,but havent really given it a try.I'd hate to use some of my plastic and it not work out.

Hey robo3687 i sent you a PM

[/quote]

just cut up some garbage cans or stuff like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back