IronMan Robo/Sharkmark's build MK VI WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wonders

Hello 405th.

It's my first time posting pictures on the forum, and I'm needing some advice at the same time.

I'm building IM's armor using the files from Robo. The helmet is Sharkmark's, but I think I'll do that as the final piece of armor. I guess building the helmet gives some sense of the armor being complete, and the process of building armor slows a lot..

Here goes:

Back:
aauesh.jpg

2miu10.jpg

Glove (right):
32zuz4y.jpg
33jiwyw.jpg
wlc4jp.jpg
55ne4k.jpg

The first problem I encountered was in the glove I made. No problem with the fingers, they may fall sometimes, but I want to glue them to a rubber glove, so no issues there. The problem is in the palm.

mmd3pc.jpg

As you can see, I left an opening there, so that I could put my hand through. Of course I can close it after putting my hand there, but I would have to open it again to take my hand out. I have already built a smaller glove, that was too small for me, scaled it up 10% and had this results. Now, I think this might not be the correct thing to do, but I just glued all the pieces together, and maybe I just have to keep them all separated so I can glue them to a rubber glove so that all the pieces can move freely.

Any suggestions?

Thanks ;)

Armour on hands is pretty tricky, how about keeping the parts separate but attaching them together with elastic? Pull it apart to get it on, then it'll just snap back in to place!

Edit: Forgot to say your pep work looks good. XD
-Elliot

or better yet cut it in half glue the top half to the top of the glove and the bottom half to the bottom, if you do it right when you have it on their should be only a small gap and nobody is going to notice especially if the rest of your armor looks that good

The hole is only as big as his wrist though it'd have to be a pretty sizeable gap. Also the glove will fit his hand, so the armour will have to be a similar size in the interior to physically be able to touch the glove and glue to it, no actual way he could glue the top and bottom to the glove while still leaving a big enough gap to get his hand in.
-Elliot.

I have to thank both of you for your suggestions, I think I'm going with elastics. In fact I think I will scale the glove up another 10%, because the sides of the glove are not perpendicular to the hand's plane, and if I scale it up, it can stay straight after the hardening process and the elastics can pull the pieces against each others, while not restraining basic movement.

The fact is that the piece I showed you is too small for my hand to slip through the wrist hole, so I can't glue everything together. Still, if I scale it so that I can put my hand in without the use of elastics it would be very bulky and I don't want that.

Going to bed now, I'll answer tomorrow if there's something new here.

EDIT: Read the box of crayons suggestion once more and I realized what he said, in fact, if the glove is made of rubber, it's elastic, and it will stretch, so it may be easier and simpler than making some kind of mini structure on the inside of te pieces so that I can fix elastics... mmm... now I don't know if I'll scale this up or not... but I will get the rubber gloves first to see how that looks first.

Hey guys, finaly I'm on holidays again and I had to make some IM armor. So, I've done the chest piece and the collar pieces, and the following are the photos of the current set of pieces made, hope you like it.

dsc09405v.jpg

By wonders1991 at 2011-04-23

dsc09404o.jpg

By wonders1991 at 2011-04-23

I haven't got the time yet to make the inside armor for the torso, but that's the next thing I'll do, and I guess I'll be needing help in the future to put everything together in the end, no danger of pieces falling off the armor :p

No updates on the gloves :/, now I want to take care of the torso parts, and then advance to the arms, starting from the shoulders. Hands will be the last thing of the upper body armor, not counting with the helmet, I still don't know when I'll do that.

Cheers!

Dude,
This is sweet! Looking forward to more pics! I could use your help, if that's okay. I want to make a mark III-any suggestions on where I can find the peps for this? Thanks in advance!

Dude,
This is sweet! Looking forward to more pics! I could use your help, if that's okay. I want to make a mark III-any suggestions on where I can find the peps for this? Thanks in advance!

Sorry, I too searched for the mark III forearms because I (thought I) rather build those but I couldn't find anything, but that was in the beginning of 2011, maybe there was something developed in the meanwhile.

Again I came here to share the last update on my build, so without further ado, here it is:

dsc09115b.jpg

By wonders1991 at 2011-07-10

Maybe in the next two weeks I'll find time to build the other arm. I'm looking forward to find a way to fix the pieces to some undersuit, so I can stretch my arms without caring if the armor falls off me xD I think I'll go with velcro, but first I must worry about resining and fiberglassing, things that I have no experience doing.

Still alive, and honestly... a bit lazy too. And now I haven't got the time needed to build my armor. Anyway I found some time, and pepped the helmet, a very detailed one, and hard to make in some places. And here are some pics of it:

dsc01242pp.jpg

By wonders1991 at 2012-03-04

dsc01243ku.jpg

dsc01241ap.jpg

dsc01254n.jpg

dsc01245c.jpg

And I hope I don't stay much time without checking in the foruns :).
Thanks again for the resources 405th gives me to build this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back