is fiberglassed armor strong enough to be sat on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mistakillz

i keep thinking that if i sat on the fiberglassed armor i will soon build would break.

anyone that finished the fiberglassed pepakura armor, can you help me?

Arthraxis

Jr Member
I'd probably quickly make something like a forearm or a bicep, fiberglass and resin it and see for yourself, it really depends on how many layers of resin/fiberglass are in it/how they were put on ect.

Sigma LS

Sr Member
Make the fiberglass 4 times as thick on the butt-plate and it should hold together fine.

If you're asking if all the armor is okay to sit on I would say no. Forces and leverage + ass = crumpled and cracked armor

tserrof

Jr Member
Sigma-LS said:
Make the fiberglass 4 times as thick on the butt-plate and it should hold together fine.

If you're asking if all the armor is okay to sit on I would say no. Forces and leverage + ass = crumpled and cracked armor
lol, what he said

Last edited by a moderator:

cys920622

i was wondering hte same thing. i'll just put 5 layers of fiberglass and lots of padding just in case it breaks and...

mistakillz

dam i was needing something thats like indestructable for when im in the car and sitting down on a chair or something. cuz i dont wanna stand for 6 hours at school.

I would the armor built by NAS or Adam withstand sitting cause i mean they didnt walk all of the way to the halo 3 release, they must have had it on when driving in the car.

mistakillz

SpartanForever said:
I would the armor built by NAS or Adam withstand sitting cause i mean they didnt walk all of the way to the halo 3 release, they must have had it on when driving in the car.

lol i would buy that armor, but im only 16 and no job. so i gotta build this pepakura armor and try to find something to make it indestructable.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sean Bradley

Sr Member
DSC00087.jpg

Yes you can sit on it.... just apply extra layers of resin and fiberglass.

shippox10

Jr Member
Wouldn't you have to do that with the back when you sit in a chair too??? Would 5 square yards, or 225 square feet, be enough to make the entire suit like indestructible? Not saying I would get shot in it or anything, but able to take a beating here and there.

Status
Not open for further replies.