is fiberglassed armor strong enough to be sat on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mistakillz

i keep thinking that if i sat on the fiberglassed armor i will soon build would break.

anyone that finished the fiberglassed pepakura armor, can you help me?

I'd probably quickly make something like a forearm or a bicep, fiberglass and resin it and see for yourself, it really depends on how many layers of resin/fiberglass are in it/how they were put on ect.

Make the fiberglass 4 times as thick on the butt-plate and it should hold together fine.

If you're asking if all the armor is okay to sit on I would say no. Forces and leverage + ass = crumpled and cracked armor

Sigma-LS said:
Make the fiberglass 4 times as thick on the butt-plate and it should hold together fine.

If you're asking if all the armor is okay to sit on I would say no. Forces and leverage + ass = crumpled and cracked armor
lol, what he said

Last edited by a moderator:
i was wondering hte same thing. i'll just put 5 layers of fiberglass and lots of padding just in case it breaks and...

dam i was needing something thats like indestructable for when im in the car and sitting down on a chair or something. cuz i dont wanna stand for 6 hours at school.

I would the armor built by NAS or Adam withstand sitting cause i mean they didnt walk all of the way to the halo 3 release, they must have had it on when driving in the car.

SpartanForever said:
I would the armor built by NAS or Adam withstand sitting cause i mean they didnt walk all of the way to the halo 3 release, they must have had it on when driving in the car.

lol i would buy that armor, but im only 16 and no job. so i gotta build this pepakura armor and try to find something to make it indestructable.

Last edited by a moderator:
DSC00087.jpg

Yes you can sit on it.... just apply extra layers of resin and fiberglass.

Wouldn't you have to do that with the back when you sit in a chair too??? Would 5 square yards, or 225 square feet, be enough to make the entire suit like indestructible? Not saying I would get shot in it or anything, but able to take a beating here and there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back