Is there any glue that is Better for Foam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aiden26

So everyone uses hot glue when it comes to making foam armour. I just would like to know if there is any other glue that is better than hot glue?

Hot glue really is the go-to adhesive when working with foam. It holds up really well, is weather proof for the most part and it's very easy to use while being relatively cheap. If you are looing for an alternative, maybe Liquid Nails would be one way to go or look into using Epoxies. Honestly though, hot glue is the way to go.

Hot glue really is the go-to adhesive when working with foam. It holds up really well, is weather proof for the most part and it's very easy to use while being relatively cheap. If you are looing for an alternative, maybe Liquid Nails would be one way to go or look into using Epoxies. Honestly though, hot glue is the way to go.

Would the hot glue come apart in hot weather?

If you were to leave it in a car sitting directly in the sun for a few hours it has the potential to fall apart as well as the foam would be likely to deform a little. I would suggest using high temp hot glue. With you being in Canada I don't think you should have much of an issue, as long as you don't leave it laying directly in the sunlight for hours. I'm from Florida and have yet to run into an issue with hot glue melting away in the sun.

I've always used hot glue to provide extra strength on the seams inside a piece. You can use nothing but hot glue if you like. However, I find contact adhesive is far superior for joining parts together. Just cover both edges in a thin coat, wait a few minutes, then wrestle the parts together. The seam is much cleaner, especially for the exterior.

Like many had suggested, hot glue is one of THE BEST options for joining foam pieces together. Apart from that some had used superglue in place of hot glue. I have yet to try contact adhesive

Hot glue is the stuff! It will start to come undone if you leave it in a hot car, but my suit held up pretty well just wearing it outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back