Is There Too Many Stickies In The Pepakura Forum?

too many stickies?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rvb18

well i see we can only have about 12 topics in the pep forum now. So i thought i would bring this to attention

It's impossible to solve, no matter what we do. We can compile it into one huge sticky, but then it's just a bigger sticky, with the same amount of reading involved.

Really, if you can't devote your time to reading them all, you can't devote your time to armoring. Short, sweet, and to the point.

ImaGonnaGetYou said:
It's impossible to solve, no matter what we do. We can compile it into one huge sticky, but then it's just a bigger sticky, with the same amount of reading involved.

Really, if you can't devote your time to reading them all, you can't devote your time to armoring. Short, sweet, and to the point.
^
.l
Agreed.
.l
V

Last edited by a moderator:
There are a lot of stickies to get through. The only recommendation I have is to get rid of the comments that don't add anything.

OK this is only half of what I'm saying . I'm try to tell you we have about 5 pep data bases and 4 getting started threads. do we really need that many of the same thing?

The information within the Stickies really needs to be compiled and referenced to make it as useful as it can be - for instance, a 'base' tutorial for starters, with branched links to more complex methods and ideas. Each tutorial should be 'concentrated' - containing only what is needed to get the point across without being elaborate or confusing.

Each 'tutorial' should be referenced to examples (along with accompanying pictures) to help the reader get a better understanding of what it is they're meant to be doing.

In essence, what I'd suggest is that all of the information in the stickies is taken by a 'team' (such as the Q&A team) and re-written into a more useful wiki-type format (for example, a wiki page purely on how to fibreglass, another on bondo techniques, another on different wiring schematics for helmet tech) - and then each Wiki part linked via a single sticky in the relevant forum (for example, Moulding totorials would be linked under the Moulding Discussion forum, as well as under the main Wiki page as 'advanced techniques').

This will help with the 'sticky clutter', but the downside is that perhaps not very many people will be willing to use the Wiki. I personally think a Wiki would be better than page after page of posts in a thread dedicated to a tutorial - it's an easier format to read.

But that's just my 2p on the matter. I'd be willing to start consolidating the sticky info if needed, however.

I agree with the above. Compiling them into sections such as "Getting Started", "Advanced Techniques", or things like that.

I would also lock them so that people cannot fill them with posts, so that it shows that they are more official. We do not need 6 stickes all about learning to use pepakura.....thats just to much.

----
Did anyone else notice the title says "Sikies" not "Stickies"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back