It's been a hot minute since I made a Braus post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PapaBraus

Alright y'all. I know it's been a hot minute and I know we have a handful of new members making outstanding builds here, but I figured it was time to chat.

I've been stuck in work since July which is really no excuse. It's been a good year for my trade but absolute garbage for my home life. Traveling for a living sucks when you have a kid.

That said, as you all well know I had some good times with some Canadian and Washington based members back in summer.

A small sliver of silver in an otherwise stormy sky doesn't make for a good year.

I've kept in touch with a few members here and there but at this point I'm fairly disconnected from the members here, and I'll sadly admit that. I've lauded contacting members for check ins on occasion because you don't know where they are in life. A member of my regiment and myself have been talking through hard times and the like building each other up through our own little trainwrecks and it's been good to vent. I'm glad to say I have this friend in my life to bounce crap days with and be a shoulder when they need it.

With all of the members here, and thanksgiving fastly approaching I know there is more than a handful of y'all that aren't looking forward to that dinner table conversation for one reason or another.

I'll have my phone on me, and any other friends you've made here are nothing more than a ping away.

Let's have a wonderful and supportive thanksgiving, and for those of y'all that don't share this tradition, I'm still here if you need someone to talk to, as are a litany of other members that you've connected with.

Don't be scared to start a conversation. Don't be afraid to be you.

I wish y'all the best turkey day imaginable.

It's amazing that even though you've been having a tough year you still find the ability to lift others up, PapaBraus. Thank you for this heart felt reminder. I too have reached out to a few 405th members just to say I'm here to chat during the holidays. I also have asked for help too. This is the first year I've chosen to not celebrate the holidays with my family. The past few years knowing how they feel about me and my partner has made the get-togethers just feel fake and hollow. I've decided to distance myself from it and a fellow 405th member has opened their home to us for Thanksgiving dinner!

It's amazing that even though you've been having a tough year you still find the ability to lift others up, PapaBraus. Thank you for this heart felt reminder. I too have reached out to a few 405th members just to say I'm here to chat during the holidays. I also have asked for help too. This is the first year I've chosen to not celebrate the holidays with my family. The past few years knowing how they feel about me and my partner has made the get-togethers just feel fake and hollow. I've decided to distance myself from it and a fellow 405th member has opened their home to us for Thanksgiving dinner!
Well my friend, if it just ends up as you and your partner, I'd say you're in damn fine company. Enjoy the holidays my man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back