I've Read Through All The Stickies/faqs, But I Still Have Questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
armercrazy said:
Ok, so the resizing bit was the biggest pain in the neck for me to figure out. This is what's up: In the pepakura viewer, you cannot re-size your armor; there just isn't a feature for that. You will need pepakura designer 3 (or 2 or whatever. I use 3) which you can find online if you look hard enough. in this program, there is a feature for editing the scale of your armor. open this handy little doohicky, (it's in the 2-D menu...) and a little window will pop up and have 3 options for you: height, width and depth or whatever. Been a while since I re-sized anything. But basically, you change one of these numbers, and the others will all change with it. So enter your height in inches, or cm, whichever it asks for, and the other numbers will change for you. You may need to re-adjust the fittings on your 2-D side, the part on the right with the paper layout and all, but your armor should be re-sized for you now. Hope this helps, it's a little cryptic, but I don't have my regular pepping computer with me right now. I'll get ya some better info when I can. Clear as mud?

I have figured out how to use the scaler (thank you!) , I just converted my height from inches to mm.

Well, I have designer 3, and now I have 110lb cardstock paper, and it won't print. Do I need another version of Pep to print it out? I can't figure out if it's my printer or what. But when the printing que comes up, my printer thinks it needs to print over 100 pages to make the Mark VI helmet :S

Last edited by a moderator:
In my experience, my printer (Laserjet) goes on the fritz when its tonor cartridge gets low.

Is your printer actually printing anything? If not, my way to solve it is kick the printer and try again ;)

Hope that helps...

---Stonewall

Stonewall said:
In my experience, my printer (Laserjet) goes on the fritz when its tonor cartridge gets low.

Is your printer actually printing anything? If not, my way to solve it is kick the printer and try again ;)

Hope that helps...

---Stonewall

That may be it, it says it's low on color ink, but this is just black and white, and I have it set to black and white.

I think it's because I WAY over scaled it. I'm 72 inches tall, and I converted that to millimeters for Papekura designer, it ended up being 1905mm. So I went to the print page and it had all of the helmet parts spread over like 5 pages, and it said there were 500 pages total just for the helmet, so apparently I didn't do the scaling right. I'll keep on searching the forums and reading stickies and see if I come up with anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
just use the mirror and a ruler. look at the reference pics for your armor, see where the piece should stop and start for the largest measurement, such as hieght for the leg pieces and arms, and then measure yourself in the mirror along the same measurement. that is hands down the best way to get accurate measurements on your pep pieces.

Thank you Apostle, now I just need to find an X-acto knife somewhere. Apparently scissors aren't precise enough.

Wish me luck on Pepping my helmet. :D

Well you dont "need" an x-acto knife, though I can think of times when I wish I had one for some of those annoying tiny pieces. If you have a really steady hand you can do amazing things with scissors. Just have to make sure said scissors are sharp and not dull. I completed all of this with nothing but scissors, so it can be done.

Pic%20175s.JPG

Haha, I'm an idiot. I had scaled the helmet to how tall I was, not the size of my head.

But I do officially have a WIP now, it's only a matter of time before I start cutting, gluing, and folding my helmet!

I can't wait, wish me luck!

P.s.- After I get done resining and fiberglassing, do I need to add some sort of foam? I saw another WIP where a guy did that, and I'm not sure if I should. And I don't mean like foam padding, like the foam you squirt out of a tube and hardens to be foam.

today I peped 2 marine shoulders and a marine elbow using xtreame tactics tutorial, and they seam to fit pretty well. I used the first method.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back