Props Jf140's Yoko's Sniper Rifle-Finished

Status
Not open for further replies.

JangoFett140

New Rifle 2011

New Rebuild Wip Starts Here- http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/19998-Jf140's-Yoko's-Sniper-Rifle-Finished?p=508612#post508612
Instead of creating a new thread and cluttering the forum more I resurrected this thread since its the same gun. Full rebuild with many new features!

So my friend is going to cosplay Yoko at Nebraskon and commissioned me to build the Guass (anti tank?) Sniper Rifle she wields. For anyone that haven't seen this anime, i recommend you watch it NOW! Ive seen it 7 times and it still gets better. Stream it free here.

(btw i going to cosplay Kamina next time cause he's AWESOME) So anyway here it is

DSCF2580.jpg

Action assembly

DSCF2581.jpg

Stock- i drew this out on cardstock and then assembled and slushed with rodno twice

DSCF2581.jpg

Barrel and body, the two pieces will screw together

DSCF2581.jpg

Awesome! One of my friends has been wanting me to build her one of those guns for a while now. Once you finish, it might inspire me to get off my butt and build one too! Looking forward to seeing more!

Got some more work done today. i used the grip that i cut off an old airsoft gun. The gun is really about ready to go. i have to decide on a few more things and then it should be all ready except for the scope and the fake bullets.

DSCF2587.jpg

DSCF2588.jpg

Likin' it. What are you going to do with the bipod? Sports stores usually sell bipods pretty cheap.

JustMe

Tremendous job! You brought a tears to my eyes. You have done something like I would have done.-LeeKegan

Thanks Lee that means alot. Your one of inspirations on this site, i really wish i had some of your tools XD

So its almost ready. last night i cut the ejection hole and extended the action. now when you pull back on the action there will be a fake bullet in there. i think i may rebuild this later whe i have more money and time so i can figure out how to make it eject the batteries and change up a few things. more pics up later photobuckets being slow and i g2g to work

DSCF2590.jpg

DSCF2590.jpg

DSCF2590.jpg

last night i got most of the parts on the for good. im trying to make a silicon mold for the bullet tips so i can do them outta hot glue to make sure their con safe. I got the primer coat on. I had a mishap with the silicon while making the mold. I was sqeezing it out ofhe tube when the bck broke open and 3/4 of the tube went on my leg and so after applying that to the mold I discovered I had nothing to finish wiping my pants or my hands off with

DSCF2595.jpg

DSCF2594.jpg

DSCF2593.jpg

DSCF2593.jpg

DSCF2591.jpg

DSCF2593.jpg

Looking real good. You are not the first to have an accident with their materials. I was measuring out part A of smoothcast 320 and the bottom gave out on the cup and it went everywhere. It happens to the best of us. As long as you are having fun, who cares.

Your project looks great.

well tonight was hard. right off the bat while using the dremel to trim down the hot glue bullet tips i launched hot glue onto my mustache....so that hurt to remove..... then i decided that it did need to be shortened to 5'8. the male threaded piece was glued in so i glued the new one in and screwed on the barrel.....the threads seized and in trying to undo that the freshly glued piece didnt have enough glue and popped out.( the male piece was not made to work the way im doing it, but it fits snug so it needs alot of glue build up. 1" pvc will snuggly fit in 1 1/4" pvc. this is how i did the slide) so since teh bench vice was unreachable two pairs of plyers and two clamps later and a chunk missing from the male piece i seperated them. i thoughly cleaned all the threads but it still seized up two more times after regluing. i find it ironc that they make the threaded part longer then how far it can acually rotate on there.it not shouldnt be able to sieze up since i put a spacer inthere to keep it forward enough. photobucket has become retardedly slow this week so pictures will be edited in later since its looking like and hour ish till their uploaded so im going to bed. thats my "rant" : ) so here are the pixs.......soon

Edit- found a pic i forgot to add while reloading the pics.

DSCF2639.jpg

DSCF2637.jpg

DSCF2638.jpg

DSCF2636.jpg

DSCF2624.jpg

So im almost done but i wait till the last few details are done before i post the final piece. Im planning on building my own. which will fix some inaccuracy i found with this one. It will have a sound a light kit and much more. Anyway in the mean time ive been on a sketch p kick again and started remodleling the rifle. i started once but i wasnt very accurate. Im starting over with hopes off having models to make pep files off. Ill probably be buy a password for pep soon but once teh models ready if some of teh pep experts would like to help i would love that since im not much of a master in pep beyond rearanging the parts and printing. Heres a pix of the old model. one problem with this is it was gonna be a step by step build tut file which ill do with the new one but i screwed up and so it didnt turn out right.

rifle.png

heres the finished flash supressor ( well not totally i need to see if i can do something or if someone esle will need to help me)

flash.png

as you can see tabs need size adjustment and over all clean up. (I didn't do it since i cant save)

flashpep.png

i started on the stock but im gonna change a few things i think

stock.png

I hope to have a decent easy pep file or 2 for all teh parts the you would then attach to the 1 3/4" pvc pipe. Tell me what you think.

Update: So i fished all of the models except i think the handle needs to be reworked. it wasnt working out well in pep for me. Anyone that wants to unfold these feel free. I cant afford a password for pep at the moment. i know its only $20 but i still need to order more parts and my place of employment may be closing at months end so money is tight. i updated the flash suppressor the way i wanted. some parts and separated because it seemed that it would be easier to make two parts and the glue them together.

Here's the files Supressor Handle Magazine Stock

stock-1.png

magazine.png

newflashsupressor.png

handle.png

Ack, why has it taken me so long to find this thread? Very nice work. I have to say I'm pretending to be furious with you because I have a tutorial i wrote back in january for a system almost exactly like yours for working pvc guns :pI've been waiting until I made an S2 to implement it... but it's sitting in my nerf longshot right now lol. Again, good work.

Edit: I'm assuming it actually launches a projectile and doesn't just action... If it does, I was wondering if you could give kind of a description of your mechanism, particularly the spring you used, your magazine, and your firing rig. My longshot retains the original magazine and trigger mechanism, but uses an AR-15 spring and the rest is scratch built by me, so I was just wondering how I might scratch build my own magazines (specifically S2 mags) and trigger mechs.

Thanks, Cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back