Just how many of you won anything with your armor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chewbs

I have seen a few threads where members have mentioned prizes that they won in various Halloween costume contests. One guy that stands out, although I forget his name, won two grand. How did the rest of you do? I myself, hardly have anything done of mine so I didn't have any armor to wear...

I won $50 for best overall costume my school's (Eastern Kentucky University) costume ball.

i won 1100 bucks total over the weekend. one contest i was going to got cancelled, and i arrived late to one last night, or i could have won more.

optimusaint said:
i won 1100 bucks total over the weekend. one contest i was going to got cancelled, and i arrived late to one last night, or i could have won more.

Yeah I saw your thread after I made this one, not bad at all. Another year or two and the suit will have payed for itself.

Last edited by a moderator:
P32 said:
Yeah I saw your thread after I made this one, not bad at all. Another year or two and the suit will have payed for itself.

it already did dude. i budget myself 500 bucks a year for a costume to wear to saints games. i went overbudget this year by 1000 bucks. i went to the contests purely to get that money back.

optimusaint said:
it already did dude. i budget myself 500 bucks a year for a costume to wear to saints games. i went overbudget this year by 1000 bucks. i went to the contests purely to get that money back.

Oh I thought they went for more than that.

I won $300 at the contest at a local bar. Not bad for a six week turn-around for the suit.
(I really didn't have any competition there soo...you can tell by the pic)

I didn't win any money with mine, but I did win my highschool's costume competition XD

MCcostume.gif

Not too shabby for a fifteen-year-old girl on a five dollar budget, I think.

P32 said:
Oh I thought they went for more than that.

youre right, a finished suit does go for more than that. but thats how much i spent to build it.

here i am with my friends cousin, who we just happened to run into in the French Quarter:

gallery_2083_55_17138.jpg

me and another blue spartan sporting upper body suits and and AR and BR won second place at school and got a lousy 10 bucks to split up while some BS zombie won because he walked like a zombie the most BS BS is that last year the prizes were an ipod and ten 50 bucks and 20 for 1st 2nd 3rd respectively.

optimusaint said:
youre right, a finished suit does go for more than that. but thats how much i spent to build it.

here i am with my friends cousin, who we just happened to run into in the French Quarter:

gallery_2083_55_17138.jpg

o_O
Dude are you grabbing her boob?
haha jp. lol

im going to a compitition tonight and ill post if i win at all. 1st places is 75 dollars. and i had a 50$ befor so this could really boost my project if i win.

i won at my high school and got a yearbook with my name engraved in gold, im gonna ask them if they could put Spartan 397 instead of my real name
and i might get $50 bucks at McDonalds for being part time with my spartan suit/

I won about $300 bucks.. The super huge party where I would have originally built the armor for got cancelled on the day of..well, there is always next year.. ;) To me, it wasn't about the money.. It was all the amazing people I met, the process of building and the result of having my very own armor.. All those times wishing and hoping for one soon.. I got my wish!! :D

honest_insanity said:
o_O
Dude are you grabbing her boob?
haha jp. lol

nah i was throwing up the "3" for halo 3, but my hand was just kinda around her boob. shes my best friends cousin, and im not into her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back